New Firmware (v3.12) Has Been Updated
28390 336 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wwelvaart
lvl.1

Netherlands

nascarracer@liv Posted at 2015-3-8 22:29
yea iv got the v2.0 i dont know what to do lol i dont know how to roll back to 3.08 so

I Have a Phantom 2 V2 and I've had several flights without any problems!
2015-3-8
Use props
briancs
New

United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-8 21:46
Not sure, but compass calibration has no relation to GPS operation. Two are independent entities. I ...

That makes no sense it seems to me in order to get a good compass cal and lock a home location it would need to have sat acess with the gps
2015-3-8
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

I updated my V3.0 to 3.12 and have flown a dozen uneventful missions since then. After the update I went through a re-calibration of everything that could be and maybe that is why all is well.
2015-3-8
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 02:06
Look again,
I just saw it there under Phantom 2+ Vision Assistant Software v3.8, it appears they di ...

There's not an update when running on a Mac.

I've searched all over, high and low, tab by tab in the PT2 interface on my Mac. No update. Everything is at it's latest available version. (Not that I'm dying to update my Phantom just yet but it would be nice to see it showing up.) Oh well I guess it's obviously not a critical update.
2015-3-8
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

nascarracer@liv Posted at 2015-3-9 02:00
well its goimg to be raining all week here im alabama and im waiting on my copper tape so i can try  ...

A bit exposed there, but maybe...
2015-3-8
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I had another 4 flights this afternoon in 3 different locations and no issues at all with 3.12.  I haven't recalibrated anything; just done the compass dance every time
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-9 03:17
That makes no sense it seems to me in order to get a good compass cal and lock a home location it  ...

Compass is used as cheap alternative to gyroscope, because GPS does not tell if your bird is upright or upside down or where front is pointing. This is why you calibrate compass in two axis. Home lock has also nothing to do with compass, it is GPS thing. Both are required to make a safe flight though.
2015-3-8
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Updated to 3.12 and she flew great yesterday.  Tried IOC and it worked like a charm.  Has a couple more sats than normal.   Did a manual HL after taking off and forgot to check it during flight, however, I just checked "find my phantom" and it's showing it where I landed VERY accurately!    After the flight, I realized there was a FW update for the new 5.8ghz controller (gimbal wheel version ). I did that but haven't been out to fly due to rain.  
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-3-9 03:38
There's not an update when running on a Mac.

I've searched all over, high and low, tab by tab in  ...

Go to the link below and look at the apple, it shows 3.8 and under that (and within that) is the 3.12 firmware...
It is confusing as most are looking for a title of 3.12..but it is not there...the 3.12 firmware is within the 3.8 software...
If you have to, delete what you have and just reload, it works as attested by a couple other Mac users I directed it to...
Same applies for the Phantom 2 and Vision 2+...just navigate to the right support page below for your model and let us know you found it...I just did!

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
2015-3-8
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Sorry if this is a double post... first one disappeared...at least on my screen.

Updated to 3.12 yesterday and she flew like a champ! Stock V2+  (not V3).  Did a manual HL set  after take off just in case.   IOC worked with no issues.  I forgot to check "find my phantom" while flying but I just checked my app and it shows exactly where I landed and shut down.   After the flight I saw that there was an update for the 5.8 ghz gimbal wheel controller- did that but haven't been able to fly due to rain.   All this just FYI's.
2015-3-8
Use props
samcod137
New

United States

I upgraded to 3.12 and also upgraded the RC to the latest firmware and now have a totally non-working Phantom 2 H3-3D.The RC is the newer upgraded one with gimbal control on front left. everything is stock. Needless to say I am furious that DJI would release updates that are not vetted. Calibration has been done numerous times but no success. Any clues would be appreciated! Thx!!
2015-3-8
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

i just took mine up in my apt and it worked great i also got 9 to10 GPS  on there and  thats great inside my apt i used to get 4 or 5 lol
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

samcod,
Best I can suggest is to hard reset the Phantom (dump its firmware) and then turn it off.
Dump your software on your computer and start over with a clean install of the DJI Win Driver, Phantom and RC Assistant.
Once new software is installed on the PC, and only once it is done....connect the Phantom and then turn it on and reload from there..
All a bit extreme I know but think of it like this..
Your PC is essentially a drone also..it has hardware and the firmware is written into it and it only does what the OS/software tells it to do. So if your PC had issues and craps out one of the things your advised to do when all else fails is to wipe it clean and start with a fresh install and I would do the same with my Phantom if it was acting as yours does and a few others who have chimed in...fortunately, mine did not have the issues you describe and I have flown it numerous times since the update without any issues to speak of and i ran it through virtually every test I can possibly think of and again, without any issues to speak of. Hope this helps and please let us know how it goes....
2015-3-8
Use props
briancs
New

United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-9 04:16
Compass is used as cheap alternative to gyroscope, because GPS does not tell if your bird is uprigh ...

Ok, now that I understand. It's clear this is a compass issue as it seems like it does not know that is up or down. Turned it on and held on to it and and it wants to roll on its side then correct so now I have to figure out why the compass did this after the update to 3.12?
2015-3-8
Use props
ch1_wong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31785 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Hi guys, I can't seem to update the firmware of my Phantom 2. It says that my firmware is 3.04 and says that no update available. How do I update it to 3.12?

Phantom 2 no update.jpg
2015-3-8
Use props
samcod137
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 08:08
samcod,
Best I can suggest is to hard reset the Phantom (dump its firmware) and then turn it off.
Du ...

Thanks for the advice Northofthe49th. I was setting up to do just that when I checked in here. I'll let you know how it goes!!
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

ch1_wong@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-9 08:48
Hi guys, I can't seem to update the firmware of my Phantom 2. It says that my firmware is 3.04 and s ...

Really!

Go to the DJI support page and download 3.8 from there which has all the 3.12 firmware in it..
Trying to upgrade from your existing 3.4 WILL NOT WORK!
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-9 08:16
Ok, now that I understand. It's clear this is a compass issue as it seems like it does not know th ...

I think DJI has a procedure to demagnetize the compass that was subjected to strong magnetic field. This is used when normal compass calibration fails. Has something to do with magnet and circular motion to neutralize compass bias after exposure. try to think if there are any instances where your bird was exposed to the strong magnetic field: being close to a speaker or electric motor/generator, so you can avoid it. Some computers and tablets  (especially Apple) contain magnets, like iPad or iPad smart cover and they are really strong ones.
2015-3-8
Use props
briancs
New

United States

Just plugged it into my computer and and all the calibrations are within range. Oddly I just tried to download the 3.12 version again and it says it's not available. Did DJI pull it down already due to issues????
Also now getting a MC Temp warning, something is clearly going goofy with this bird.
2015-3-8
Use props
ch1_wong
lvl.1
  • >>>
Malaysia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 09:16
Really!

Go to the DJI support page and download 3.08 from there which has all the 3.12 firmware i ...

I've downloaded and installed both the Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8 and v3.6. Both says that I've no update. Is there anything I'm missing?
Phantom 2 no update.jpg
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-9 10:14
Just plugged it into my computer and and all the calibrations are within range. Oddly I just tried t ...

Brian
You must trash the 3.x on the computer you have and re download the 3.8 which has the 3.12 firmware within it....try that!DJI have done a horrid job with this latest update confusing everyone (most everyone) with it...via their naming conventions and funny as I have not seen any DJI respondents over the weekend as they are clearly on a work to rule type basis and not seemingly particularly the hobbyists that frequent the forum.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

ch1_wong@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-9 10:15
I've downloaded and installed both the Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8 and v3.6. Both says that  ...

Leave the 3.6 alone!!
Is your Phantom plugged plugged in to the PC and turned on? If not, please do so now and try again....and with the 3.8!!!Where it says no updates etc. click on it then and click refresh
2015-3-8
Use props
kevin738
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128602 ft
United States

Mac Phantom Assistant Software 3.8 is still saying there is no upgrade for me from 3.08. Strange. Also, whats quite strange is the modified date of the DMG file for the 3.8 software is listing 10-31-2014 instead of 1-30-2015 as I would expect it to. Anyone on MAC had the same issue?
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kevin738@sbcglo Posted at 2015-3-9 10:29
Mac Phantom Assistant Software 3.8 is still saying there is no upgrade for me from 3.08. Strange. Al ...

Dump your existing 3.8, annihilate it...
Then go back and reload the 3.8 which has the 3.12 firmware in it,,,

Someone at DJI needs to be spanked real bad for their naming conventions!!
Should have been titled...hmmm..well let me think..oh, I know, how about 3.12  and droners need to look past just the title of the 3.8 software as it clearly states below that the 3.12 firmware is there...
2015-3-8
Use props
kevin738
lvl.1
United States

I did do that though. That's what I am saying. I find it strange that the Modification / creation date on the DMG that I am downloading of 3.8 is showing October of 2014 when it wasn't released until 1-30-2015. Anyhow, as I was trying to say. There doesn't seem to be a 3.12 firmware included in this software that is coming from their site.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kevin738@sbcglo Posted at 2015-3-9 10:36
I did do that though. That's what I am saying. I find it strange that the Modification / creation da ...

WOW..I stand corrected, I just checked and OMG DJI have removed your 3.8 DMG for 3.12..Others said earlier they were having issues with their Macs connecting to the DJI SITE...DJI are obviously pulling it or renaming it or GOD knows what...Maybe it will soon be 3.14!
I am done here...DJI are confusing everyone and they have published nothing to say what they are doing...
2015-3-8
Use props
kevin738
lvl.1
United States

I understand it shows under there download as being in there but its not showing an upgrade from 3.08. Going to hook up to a PC and see if I have a problem.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kevin738@sbcglo Posted at 2015-3-9 10:47
I understand it shows under there download as being in there but its not showing an upgrade from 3.0 ...

The PC Version is still showing as available as I just did a refresh....good luck!
2015-3-8
Use props
kevin738
lvl.1
United States

Not even sure how I feel about updating at this point. With it appearing and disappearing and such it makes me wonder about it. Especially after their troubles with 3.10.
2015-3-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

briangrounsell@ Posted at 2015-3-8 04:22
Can someone from DJI confirm when the Mac OS version of 3.12 will be available. Several people have  ...

The Phantom Assistant v3.8 will allow you to install v3.12 of the firmware.  That is how I upgraded mine.
2015-3-8
Use props
ch1_wong
lvl.1
  • >>>
Malaysia

kevin738@sbcglo Posted at 2015-3-9 10:36
I did do that though. That's what I am saying. I find it strange that the Modification / creation da ...

Yeah, even me on Windows 7 platform phantom 2 3.04 can't update 3.12. The software says no update available. I'm using the latest Phantom Assistant. Need help.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kevin738@sbcglo Posted at 2015-3-9 10:47
I understand it shows under there download as being in there but its not showing an upgrade from 3.0 ...

Believe it or not but 3.12 is showing available again under the Mac...
2015-3-8
Use props
ch1_wong
lvl.1
  • >>>
Malaysia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 10:26
Leave the 3.6 alone!!
Is your Phantom plugged plugged in to the PC and turned on? If not, please do ...

Yeah, plugged in and Phantom Assistant v3.8 detects it and scanned my Phantom 2 and tells me it's on v3.04. I clicked upgrade and it says searching for update and ended up with no update available. I'm pretty sure Phantom is connected to PC because I can calibrate everything and sees the battery level.
2015-3-8
Use props
clanuevo
New

United States

I'm using a mac with phantom 2 vision+ assistant software v3.8. I'm also having problems upgrading the main controller to to 3.12. Anyone having better luck than me?
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

ch1_wong@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-9 11:59
Yeah, plugged in and Phantom Assistant v3.8 detects it and scanned my Phantom 2 and tells me it's  ...

If you have not, delete your existing 3.8 and re download and go from there..
If you have it is still not working contact DJI or wait till tomorrow to try as I believe they had a problem with their server today.
Otherwise...hard reset the Phantom (Google it)  and reload from scratch...
2015-3-8
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

Compass problems flyaways what is going on with 3.12 wow
2015-3-9
Use props
pawry
lvl.4

France

Yeap, we're still waiting for next bug free update
2015-3-9
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

:@oh man lmao
2015-3-9
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Guy Posted at 2015-3-9 17:26
Tahoe_Ed's idea of Beta testing before releasing is very different to mine. I am seriously conside ...

And getting what in its place?
2015-3-9
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

clanuevo@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-9 12:14
I'm using a mac with phantom 2 vision+ assistant software v3.8. I'm also having problems upgrading t ...

No problem here. Picked mine up new last week. Downloaded both the PT2 & RC DMG files to the Mac (Yosemite) unpacked and moved to the apps folder. No problem. (So nice not to have to mess with drivers! ;)).

Connected the bird, toldme it was at 3.08 and upgraded to 3.12 with no issues at all. Did all the stick calibrations etc. Both apps worked exactly as advertised.

Now, I've only flown 4 batteries thus far, and conservatively at that, but all seems well.

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules