Is there a way to tell if the VPS is working or not?
1482 7 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

I know that the obstacle avoidance icon will turn red when there's not enough light for the forward cameras to do its job but what about the downward ones? Does the red icon apply to the VPS cameras too? Can we tell exactly whether the VPS is seeing enough patterns on the ground and tracking them or not?
2017-4-18
Use props
SongWong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198612 ft
China

you can get the statues from position mode, it means using downwards and frontward VPS to hold the position.
2017-4-18
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Thailand

SongWong Posted at 2017-4-18 19:14
you can get the statues from position mode, it means using downwards and frontward VPS to hold the position.

Did you mean "OPTI MODE" on the controller? When I fly indoor without GPS signals and it says OPTI MODE, I know it's using the VPS to hold the position.

My question is if it says "GPS MODE", how do I know if it's using the VPS as well? Since holding the position with GPS only is less precise than GPS + VPS.
2017-4-18
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have a look at the screen and on the bottom line you will see VPS and a height when you are within a few metres of the ground. This means it is working.
2017-4-18
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Thailand

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-18 22:54
Have a look at the screen and on the bottom line you will see VPS and a height when you are within a few metres of the ground. This means it is working.

I totally forgot about the VPS number on the bottom . Thanks!
2017-4-18
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Iamz Posted at 2017-4-18 22:58
I totally forgot about the VPS number on the bottom . Thanks!

I'm not sure that number is a reliable way to tell if VPS is working, at least in terms of position holding. The problem is, even though VPS means VISION Positioning System, it actually includes the sonar sensors. Those are what give us height above ground. Presumably those sensors work even in the dark, so even if you're getting an accurate VPS height reading on your screen, doesn't mean the vision sensors will be able to help with hover stability. I would want to run a few experiments to test if my assumption is correct or not.
2017-4-19
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Thailand

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-19 22:17
I'm not sure that number is a reliable way to tell if VPS is working, at least in terms of position holding. The problem is, even though VPS means VISION Positioning System, it actually includes the sonar sensors. Those are what give us height above ground. Presumably those sensors work even in the dark, so even if you're getting an accurate VPS height reading on your screen, doesn't mean the vision sensors will be able to help with hover stability. I would want to run a few experiments to test if my assumption is correct or not.

I tried it out last night by holding and moving the AC around in a pitch black room. The number still showed the correct height so it must've been from the sonar.

What I'll try next is to go outside where I'm sure I can get GPS/VPS locks, then block the downward cameras with duct tape and see if there are any indicators on the screen.
2017-4-20
Use props
CAVEIRA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66680 ft
Portugal

Hello, after reading a lot, it's still not clear to me what is the info on the bottom right. I think it's related to the high/altitude, and/or VPS (can someone also say to me what does it mean?).
It's also not specified on the manual for telemetry part.

Thanks
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules