DJI Flight Record came in handy today
1122 1 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Late this afternoon I got a call from my daughter saying someone needs to talk to you.  Next thing I know I'm talking to one of 2 deputies that showed up at my house while I was at work. He explains to me that they received a complaint about someone flying a drone over private property. This is a small town and most people know that I fly so they came looking for me. He told me when and where, and I told him that it probably was me because that's when I did a test flight after the firmware update. He informed me that the guy was very upset and that it was considered criminal trespassing. I told him that I am Part 107 certified and was flying in Class G airspace over my best friend's yard. I also said that I was at 400ft not the 20-40ft they consider trespassing.  Thanks to the Flight Record, I was able to prove that I was telling the truth. The deputy apologized for the inconvenience. I told him not to worry about it because I've known the person who called in the complaint most of my life. He just didn't know it was me flying. I told the deputy that I'd give the guy  a call and let him know.  When I did, once he found out it was me, he told me I could fly over his property any time I want.

So in the end, I didn't need the record, but it sure was great to have it there to back up my story.
2017-4-18
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Glad to hear it worked out. People have not yet become well educated on the drones and have the idea that they are being spied upon when one flies over. I very seldom fly over any houses since I have plenty of open spaces around me, but if I do I keep my altitude around the max, 400ft.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules