Mavic pro update fail
1289 2 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans790f9362
New
Australia

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know of my experience of the latest update.

The drone and controller worked fine - after a short flight I noted that there was a update required on the app

I downloaded the software on the app and it started to update then it stopped working - saying the update failed

Downloaded the DJI assistant 2 - then when through the process of downgrading the software on both the drone and controller and updated the software version by version

fired up the drone and the gimbal started to track left and right, the drone flew as expected and but the camera function didn't work at all

So did the process again - but this time the forward object avoidance system was not working.

Took it to my local drone shop thinking they may have software that could rectify the issue - It will be a 2 - 4 week turn around before the drone is back because it had to be sent back to DJI Melbourne

Whilst in the drone shop the technician was talking multiple from other customers having the same experience.  

No crashes on the drone - drone worked perfectly prior to the latest update.

perhaps you should look at this before updating your firmware - if its not broken don't fix it

cheers and happy flying

2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the issue with DJI product.
Have you sent in the aircraft?  Have you tried to do the VPS calibration via DJI assistant?
2017-4-19
Use props
Alpha_te
New
Australia

Yeah I've done everything that I am able to do - it's been sent back for a full software reinstall at the factory level I am really disappointed that it will take 2-4 weeks considering that it was a firmware fault
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules