Charge battery with a inverter
1384 5 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4aca6f82
New

Italy

Hi, it's possible to charge battery for p4 with inverter for car? Are there problem?
2017-4-19
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

There is a DJI car charger which works nicely as long as the engine is running.

I also use an inverter and the mains charger with a caravan battery and it works perfectly.   
Obviously you need one that produces at least 100W, 300W would be more sensible.
Not sure if you need a "Pure sine wave" inverter, some chargers blow up if you use a cheap inverter.
2017-4-19
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

As long as your inverter (and your car obviously) can give 100W, there is no problem. Not necessary for a sinewave inverter but make sure your inverter is a reliable one.
2017-4-19
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Note that most automobile accessory plugs are fed by very small wires. For most things this is not an issue. However, small wires under load cause the voltage to drop. If it drops too low the inverter will switch off. I ended up having an inverter professionally installed with 4-guage wires running directly to the battery. I can charge 2 P4 batteries at the same time. I have also charged 2 Inspire 2 batteries at the same time. Theoretically I can do both pairs at the same time since it is an 800-watt inverter.
2017-4-20
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

You need to connect inverter directly to battery posts.
2017-4-20
Use props
krishmaurya
New

India

I Have some information about inverter and UPS
http://powertronups.co.in/product.html
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules