P3S camera stops taking video automatically after about 25 minutes
982 11 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Anyone know why the P3S camera stops taking video automatically after about 25 minutes? I use mine as a static camera like in this video I did of a band's show: [media=x,970,580]show: [/media]
It is really annoying that the video stops itself.

On a separate point, FYI DJI Forum IT team: This forum's search feature is not great. I search for an issue with keywords and the results have nothing to do with my search terms. Pretty much unusable.

2017-4-19
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

Try to format your memory card as FAT and the alocation unit size of 32quilobytes.
2017-4-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If usiing the DJI supplied card of 8Gb and you haven't conducted housekkeping on it ... then it can easily fail to record at 25mins. I get for approx 18mins about 4 - 5Gb recording ....

What you need is BIGGER card !!

Second clean up your card .. I always move my videos from the card to PC for faster editing and also frees up that card ... even though I use a 32Gb card.

Formatting is the universal 'silly' answer I'm afraid ... which actually is not needed. If you do format - then you lose the FW bin file in the root which auto updates any new battery you may buy.

On the subject of cleaning up ............. its also a good idea to clean up your tablet / phone to avoid issues ... as the cache and low res video fills the tablet quickly.

Nigel
2017-4-19
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4

Brazil

Nigel format a card as FAT32 and at allocation size put 4096 bytes and see who is silly!
2017-4-20
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4

Brazil

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-19 08:32
If usiing the DJI supplied card of 8Gb and you haven't conducted housekkeping on it ... then it can easily fail to record at 25mins. I get for approx 18mins about 4 - 5Gb recording ....

What you need is BIGGER card !!

Nigel format a card as FAT32 and at allocation size put 4096 bytes and see who is silly!
2017-4-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

It is one of the first items you learn about the SD card for these cameras .............. FAT32 or EXFAT ...

Reason I say 'silly' is the number of people who say ... Format the card .... when it is totally unnecessary.

The guy here is videoing what is an intense movement / sound and colour video ... which will eat up bytes faster than a rabbit gets ****** ....

25minutes I am not surprised the 8Gb card gets full and then video stops recording ...

Nigel
2017-4-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Da Lata ............ you've gone quiet .......................

Any more words of wisdom ? A 8Gb card as supplied is basically a one flight video card ... QED

Nigel
2017-4-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How long the battery can hold the charge if the P3S not hover and you record Vids? May be the battery  and cam are counting the time reverse as the P3S hovering and not standing on a ground.
2017-4-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Sorry "Peterx" ... Google translate is not doing good ...

Nigel
2017-4-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Sorry it´s not google translate,it´s me and i forgot the spell check. HI
2017-4-22
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Stupid question here but do u just pop out the 8 and pop in the 32gb, or do you have to do something in addition?
2017-4-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

If its me ........... just stick the new card in and fly ... no need to play with it unless you want to clear some of the crap stuff you often get on a new card.

Most cards are formatted to FAT32 anyway - so ready to go.

Nigel
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules