My dronre was crashed, badly
12Next >
2358 41 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

I have the mavic pro 1 week , and today it crashed(and no it's not my fault). I just turned on the mavic and the controller, set it up for flying from my balcony ( 8th floor) and I took off. I was like 6-7 meters away from.my building, and then it happend. I got an error " satellite positioning off. Fly with coution" , 20 seconds later another error "strong interference to remote controller" and then it go straight to the building in like 30mph alone by it self. nothing really left from it. I have tried to fight it back and the stick to other side, but it was like someone else was controlling it. Somebody knows what happens in cases like this ? It was not a human being fault. I'll be glad if some will help. sorry for my bad english.
IMG_20170419_185127.jpg
2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Oh man. If you could post the logs onto airdata.com, could get a idea.
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well something was clearly wrong maybe just unsuitable area for flying in.
Can you put your logs up and some here might try to give you some of their thoughts on what may have occurred.

But first you should sync your flight log to dji cloud in the app and contact dji support to start a case.

You can upload your flight log here and then come back here and post the link.

Just go to the link and follow instructions. http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/#DataLog
2017-4-19
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

This is the log
Screenshot_20170419-193252.png
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

That's not the log; it's a screen shot from the DJI Go app. You need to follow the instructions at the link Hallmark provided if you want anyone here to comment in a useful way on what happened.
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

That's not the log that's a screen shot, you can go to phantom help or airdata and upload the logs and then provide your log here.
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Cross-posted here: My drone was crushed, badly
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I guess you should have watched youtube vidoe first before you flew off your balcony. Metal railing, metal in concrete...PLus drones are NOT allowed to fly in Israel. Maybe your Netan scrambled your frequency and way you go down!!!
2017-4-19
Use props
Irmantast
lvl.2
Norway

Sorry, but you should never fly from your balcony!
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-19 11:39
I guess you should have watched youtube vidoe first before you flew off your balcony. Metal railing, metal in concrete...PLus drones are NOT allowed to fly in Israel. Maybe your Netan scrambled your frequency and way you go down!!!

PLus drones are NOT allowed to fly in Israel.

Unless something has changed very recently that's not correct. The drone laws there seem to be pretty similar to those of most western countries: General Israel Drone Laws

Besides, we don't even know for certain yet where he was flying.

2017-4-19
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

It's your fault. You should not fly near buildings.
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans015d3523 Posted at 2017-4-19 12:44
It's your fault. You should not fly near buildings.

At least give him a chance to show us his logs,
2017-4-19
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-19 12:48
At least give him a chance to show us his logs,

Thank you!
2017-4-19
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

I'm sorry but the guys here are right - should not have taken off from your balcony. I would assume you didn't take the necessary precautions of reading the manual (full manual) and checking out the youtube footage. I did also because I had to wait from the time I ordered (around 10th of October) till delivery (beginning of December) so I had quite some time. I know people mostly don't read manuals and they just play - but this is something you should consider as problematic due to the impact it can have and the general media frenzy around the hobby. Sorry :/
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-19 11:47

Unless something has changed very recently that's not correct. The drone laws there seem to be pretty similar to those of most western countries: General Israel Drone Laws

We had a previous poster who had problem with his MAVIC and we suggested that he needs to send it back to DJI and he said that he can't ship it because drones are not allowed and he got his in the country illegally???
2017-4-19
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

wow that photo tho lol.
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Regardless of what any of us thinks about what happened and why, you're going to want to open a case with DJI and send it in for repair. When they receive it they'll look at internal the logs and let you know what they think was the cause. If they believe it was a defective Mavic then they'll provide you with a (free) warranty replacement. Otherwise you'll get a repair bill and need to pay it if you want to get back a functional Mavic.
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-19 11:47

Where he was flying is the only thing we do know, there's a map on his screenshot. Not much to go on though.

2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-19 13:37
Where he was flying is the only thing we do know, there's a map on his screenshot. Not much to go on though.

You mean this post? All I see are a handful of street names and even those are difficult to make out.

Anyway, I don't really doubt that he was flying in Israel, but my point is that a lot of people are jumping to conclusions.
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

He posted a link to the log over in the MavicPilots thread.
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-19 13:49

Nothing on that yet.
2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Here's the intersection from the png https://www.google.com/maps/search/Derekh+Joe+Yosef+Alon,+Be'er+Sheva,+Israel/@31.2418948,34.7693084,18z/data=!3m1!4b1
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-19 14:20
Here's the intersection from the png https://www.google.com/maps/search/Derekh+Joe+Yosef+Alon,+Be'er+Sheva,+Israel/@31.2418948,34.7693084,18z/data=!3m1!4b1

Yep, looks like that's it, all right. But it isn't against the law to own or fly drones in Israel.
2017-4-19
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

snir6590,
             This is your flight data in .pdf format --- your flight lasted 42.2 second's -- this is what you uploaded to MavicPilots
Your file only opened in Microsoft Excel --- I converted to .pdf so others can see

snir6590 flight data.pdf

606.28 KB, Down times: 31

2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-19 15:08
snir6590,
             This is your flight data in .pdf format --- your flight lasted 42.2 second's -- this is what you uploaded to MavicPilots
Your file only opened in Microsoft Excel --- I converted to .pdf so others can see

Yeah, could be he calibrated the compass on the balcony. That wouldn't be too far fetched.
2017-4-19
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-19 13:49

The link is working ?
2017-4-19
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

I didn't calibrated at the balcony. The drone was already calibrated. I used it several times and I have almost 3 hours of flight time . I know how to use it, and this case is really wired. I know it wasn't my fault.
2017-4-19
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

yah, unfortunately you should not fly between building and that might cause strong interference and you might lose GPS and it went to ATTI mode....then it might have started to drift
it happened to me and luckily i managed to hit the wall structure but it was close to the ground....

2017-4-19
Use props
Safari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

fansf54cbf53 Posted at 2017-4-19 20:40
I didn't calibrated at the balcony. The drone was already calibrated. I used it several times and I have almost 3 hours of flight time . I know how to use it, and this case is really wired. I know it wasn't my fault.

Sorry for your crash but...I would say it was 100% your fault while taking off from a balcony on the 8th floor of a building. This was first, very irresponsible and second very dangerous. It's behavior like those which are harming our hobby. Sad to say it but its the truth. (Btw 3 hours of flight is not enough for mastering the Mavic like a pro ;-)
I would suggest, read the manual again, and one more time and learn to act in a more responsible way before going back in the sky.
2017-4-19
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

Looking at the flight logs it would appear that the last log entries shows all sticks at neutral position (1024) and a notice of strong interference to the remote. Could it have tried to RTH?
2017-4-19
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

I'm telling you that it moved alone , it was like someone controlled it. Ok.maybe I did a mistake by taking it off from my balcony. But I was very far from.any building and it just lost control, freak out and like crazy and just crushed into the building in full speed. Is that seems ok ?
2017-4-19
Use props
Sbbunno
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10259 ft
Australia

apologies i cannot access your flight log so bare with me.
i know this is not the full log, however it does stat "signal Loss" and "Return to Home Alt 60m". if im not mistaken obstical avoidance also needs to be enabled in order to work properly. also where was your home point set.

if i where to take off from a balcony or any where with obstruction, which i likely wouldn't,  i would change my settings from "return to home" to "Hover"  and plan my flight accordingly.

if someone could confirm this that would be great, if i am incorrect also correct me, i do not have my gear with me to be able to double check.

regards
2017-4-19
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

Sbbunno Posted at 2017-4-19 23:16
apologies i cannot access your flight log so bare with me.
i know this is not the full log, however it does stat "signal Loss" and "Return to Home Alt 60m". if im not mistaken obstical avoidance also needs to be enabled in order to work properly. also where was your home point set.

You can download the log from SkunkWerxs link. BTW, I just talked with the official.importer here in Israel. And they said tht the mavic have a "Black Box" and they will check this out. Hope every thing will.be fine..
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Yes, the link works fine, which is how SkunWerxs was able to put the data into a PDF. The PhantomPilots page doesn't show anything but it's possible to download the raw data from the links there.

I just talked with the official importer here in Israel. And they said that the mavic have a "Black Box" and they will check this out. Hope every thing will be fine.

That would be the DAT files on the Mavic, which is what DJI would look at if it's sent to them and I suspect that it ultimately will be. If you still have possession of the Mavic you do also have the option of downloading those files yourself and posting them here and / or at MavicPilots, where I see you've gotten more or less the kind of "helpful" feedback I expected. And once again, the moderators there had to "clean up" some of the nastier comments and lock the thread.
2017-4-20
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 02:25
Yes, the link works fine, which is how SkunWerxs was able to put the data into a PDF. The PhantomPilots page doesn't show anything but it's possible to download the raw data from the links there.

I just talked with the official importer here in Israel. And they said that the mavic have a "Black Box" and they will check this out. Hope every thing will be fine.

Thanks alot man, appreciate your help. What do you think about the log ? I have no idea how to read it.
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

fansf54cbf53 Posted at 2017-4-20 04:54
Thanks alot man, appreciate your help. What do you think about the log ? I have no idea how to read it.

What do you think about the log ? I have no idea how to read it.

Honestly I don't know what to think. Even taking off from a balcony -- which I do agree wasn't ideal -- you should have been picking up some satellites, but even after 30+ seconds of flight your GPS count never went above 0. If you still have the aircraft I would definitely recommend pulling the DAT files off of it and posting them here.

Admittedly the biggest experts on analyzing DAT files are some of the guys on MavicPilots. At least a couple of them -- namely BudWalker and msinger -- have accounts here but rarely, if ever, post in this Mavic forum. If you're willing to put up with more abuse, you can always post the files on MavicPilots too, as Dirk seems to be planning to unlock the thread at some point.
2017-4-20
Use props
fansf54cbf53
lvl.1

Israel

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 05:11
What do you think about the log ? I have no idea how to read it.

Honestly I don't know what to think. Even taking off from a balcony -- which I do agree wasn't ideal -- you should have been picking up some satellites, but even after 30+ seconds of flight your GPS count never went above 0. If you still have the aircraft I would definitely recommend pulling the DAT files off of it and posting them here.

Thanks mate. Posted the log there.
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

fansf54cbf53 Posted at 2017-4-20 06:32
Thanks mate. Posted the log there.

You're welcome. Good luck.
2017-4-20
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

fansf54cbf53 Posted at 2017-4-19 20:40

But  you did get a calibration error before lifting off?
2017-4-20
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Anyone notice hallmark is banned
2017-4-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now