My P4P flying days are back!
690 8 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Got a battery at my locaL Best Buy for $118. It is for the P4 but works in the P4P.

2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes it will work but keep an eye on the battery level when flying because it has a shorter flying time than the P4P original batteries!
2017-4-19
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391237 ft
Australia

Best to avoid swapping the battery between P4 and P4P as the Go software will ask to do a firmware update on the battery each time you swap it between drones.
2017-4-19
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

P4 Pro Birdy Posted at 2017-4-19 18:35
Best to avoid swapping the battery between P4 and P4P as the Go software will ask to do a firmware update on the battery each time you swap it between drones.

Didn't know that. I will probably only buy P4 batteries in the future because they cost significantly less with not much loss of performance. Of course the higher capacity battery price may drop in the future so my strategy might change then.
2017-4-19
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073100 ft
United States

P4 Pro Birdy Posted at 2017-4-19 18:35

I just got 2 batteries from BB as well. Although I fly a P4 I got P4P batteries as it was all they had left. I flew with each battery one time today & got the firmware request. Do you know if I will continue to get the firmware request each time or is that a one time thing?
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

A P4 battery can work with the P4P, it will have be aware that it will have shorter flight time in comparison with the P4P's high capacity battery.
2017-4-19
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391237 ft
Australia

Quad Zeppelin Posted at 2017-4-19 20:36
I just got 2 batteries from BB as well. Although I fly a P4 I got P4P batteries as it was all they had left. I flew with each battery one time today & got the firmware request. Do you know if I will continue to get the firmware request each time or is that a one time thing?

It will only ask you once unless you swap the battery back to the other Phantom model. The update is to match the firmware in the battery to the drone model you have it. Once done it will not ask again unless you swap to the other model.
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

P4 Pro Birdy Posted at 2017-4-19 22:30
It will only ask you once unless you swap the battery back to the other Phantom model. The update is to match the firmware in the battery to the drone model you have it. Once done it will not ask again unless you swap to the other model.

Although this will be resolved with the next P4 firmware release - the battery firmware will be synced at last between the latest P4P firmware release and that. It was aligned in the P4 Beta and the previous P4P firmware level, but DJI got out of step again with the P4P release last week.
2017-4-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome back!
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now