How do I use a different battery from a different drone?
746 3 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansabc56f18
New

United States

I have to Phantom 4 drone and three batteries and I would like to be able to Interchange one of the batteries back and forth if possible?
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm unclear what your issue is here. If they are all the standard DJI battery which is built for use with the P4, P4A and P4P, they'll be inter-changable with the P4 after power-down.
2017-4-19
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depending on the FW version of the AC, you may not be able to swap them back and forth without updating the fw of the battery. And if you do that, it may not work in the other.

DJI>>>>> Any input here?
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-19 17:09
Depending on the FW version of the AC, you may not be able to swap them back and forth without updating the fw of the battery. And if you do that, it may not work in the other.

DJI>>>>> Any input here?

Hi.
I didn't mention that the battery firmware is currently not compatible between the P4P and P4, and between the current P4 firmware and the first released for the P4, as the op didn't mention a second craft in his ongoing scenario. Regardless, true, a firmware refresh for the craft with each battery inserted will resolve this.

Otherwise, the Beta admin advised me last week that the battery firmware in the soon-to-be-released firmware for the P4 (OK, all cynicism here aside...) will be brought into sync with the battery firmware level in the latest P4P firmware release.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules