Estimate?
867 7 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967267 ft
United States

I have a Mavic at DJI repair facility now. I am considering just buying a new one in anticipation Of fhigh estimate and  thier work load/repair times they have,  it was delivered friday   4/8 at 9 AM and still not recieved yet. The unit hit a tree top about 30-40 feet up at pretty much full speed in sport mode. I am wondering if the camera/gimbal can have parts replaced or if they will just replace the assembly. Wondering how much labor is on the MAvic repair. I will need a motor, rear arm, body, impellers and a battery. The camera works but will not move up or down. The drone will turn on fine and connect so that part seems ok from what I could test IMG_3400.JPG

2017-4-19
Use props
fans6fd0b7e7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178465 ft
Canada

Just order a new gimbal/camera.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

Just wondering what DJI will do in the estimate. Basically if the estimate is near 600 or more I want to buy a new one and get that one back unpaired. I have insurance.  I feel in time I can find parts and repair that one my self But if my estimate comes back like 200 or 300 idk I may just have them fix it
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-4-19 15:29
Just wondering what DJI will do in the estimate. Basically if the estimate is near 600 or more I want to buy a new one and get that one back unpaired. I have insurance.  I feel in time I can find parts and repair that one my self But if my estimate comes back like 200 or 300 idk I may just have them fix it

I will go for that too...
2017-4-19
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

What I am really asking is what do you think DJI will estimate this at. Piecese or a whole compnent. I am not confident the estimate will be 600 dollars or more IMG_3391.JPG IMG_3393.JPG IMG_3403.JPG IMG_3405.JPG which is for me the buy a new dronbe point. If any one has has experience with a repair from dji and could guess at the cost from the physical damage assuming nothing else is dmaged would be great
2017-4-20
Use props
fansbfff66ac
New
United States

I wanted to give my input since I am in the middle of a repair myself with a very similar mishap which ill be making a YouTube video once I have my drone back. I crashed into a tree myself. I was hovering over trying to get a shot of the neighborhood, and I am use to Xbox controls which normally the left stick is used to go lol. Well I pushed it down and the poor Mavic tumbled down the tree and near a creek. The only thing stopping it from the water was a small limb on the ground. I did not take Pictures, but the gimbal was completely broken and detached, just hanging and the blades were all cracked. THE DRONE STILL FLEW! HAHA. It was only 36 hours that I had the drone since the day before it rained so I immediately paid for the Care Refresh program and issued a ticket on the 3/31. Due to me working, I couldn't send it in via UPS until 4/7. UPS says they received it on 4/12 but they didn't update it on the website until 4/18. damaged assessed on 4/19. Cost of repair $422.00, however there is another price in the email which I am guessing includes the labor work which is $696.00. Of course I opted for the refresh price of $79.00, which I paid yesterday and will hopefully be receiving my new unit within the next week as I am taking it on a cruise, and need a little more practice before flying on the isles and over water! lol hope this helps!
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-4-20 05:55
What I am really asking is what do you think DJI will estimate this at. Piecese or a whole compnent. I am not confident the estimate will be 600 dollars or more [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image] which is for me the buy a new dronbe point. If any one has has experience with a repair from dji and could guess at the cost from the physical damage assuming nothing else is dmaged would be great

Sorry for your crash, here's a link to the parts pricing.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-4-20
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-4-20 05:55
What I am really asking is what do you think DJI will estimate this at. Piecese or a whole compnent. I am not confident the estimate will be 600 dollars or more [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image] which is for me the buy a new dronbe point. If any one has has experience with a repair from dji and could guess at the cost from the physical damage assuming nothing else is dmaged would be great

Well if anyone is interested I got my repair estimate back today which  is 1 week from the day it arrived at the repair facility  which I cant see anyone complaining about that. The cost was only 190 dollars. They did discount some parts it seems.  At 190 dollars I am not even turning this into State Farm in fear of being dropped.   
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules