Have You Guys Just Given Up On The Osmo Pro X5?
1319 7 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I havent been on this forum in a while but im seeing that its not even a dedicated sub button to the osmo x5pro , no updates on the app come out,its almost as if t he Osmo + and the osmo mobile just bumped this device into obscurity, and quite frankly this device seems like its the worst money ive spend on camera equipment

im having so many problems with it, i cant shoot at 4k because it does this wierd Ghosting effect which makes the footage unusable , then if i shoot at 2.7k  and do any fast movment i get wierd blocky artifacts in the footage that makes the footage extreamly unusable
2017-4-19
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

One solution I've found to the horizon problem... It's absurd when the Osmo losses the horizon and you have to go into the app to reset it. A quick fix that has worked for me is to triple click on the control button to go into selfie mode and then again to return to normal shooting mode. TADA... The horizon is level again. I will agree with Troubleshooter, the Osmo has obviously become an unwanted child in the DJI lineup, which is a real shame. Sadly, I doubt a fix for any of the problems is ever coming. I expect to see a new Osmo for the X5s and all R&D will go into that. I spent the day shooting ground POI for a client on Monday and although the results were workable, they could have been much better. I also resent having to pull out my Canon just to do a decent timelapse. Sad.
2017-4-19
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2017-4-19 17:13
One solution I've found to the horizon problem... It's absurd when the Osmo losses the horizon and you have to go into the app to reset it. A quick fix that has worked for me is to triple click on the control button to go into selfie mode and then again to return to normal shooting mode. TADA... The horizon is level again. I will agree with Troubleshooter, the Osmo has obviously become an unwanted child in the DJI lineup, which is a real shame. Sadly, I doubt a fix for any of the problems is ever coming. I expect to see a new Osmo for the X5s and all R&D will go into that. I spent the day shooting ground POI for a client on Monday and although the results were workable, they could have been much better. I also resent having to pull out my Canon just to do a decent timelapse. Sad.

out of curiosity have you experienced the wierd ghosting blurr when you shoot at 4k i even keep my shutter over 100 and it still does it
2017-4-19
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

Troubleshooter Posted at 2017-4-19 20:07
out of curiosity have you experienced the wierd ghosting blurr when you shoot at 4k i even keep my shutter over 100 and it still does it

Troubleshooter... Nope. I haven't had any issues such as that. I'm using the camera from my I1P. It sounds like you have the Osmo specific camera.
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thanks to your post, I've added an Osmo Pro filter to the Osmo forum section. Thanks for your input.
2017-4-21
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

Yep this is a sad story but it is true! I love my x5 with all its accessories BUT DJI doesn't fixing any of the issues we have with this product... The x5 video quality is great, BUT when I bought it 1 year ago it was MUCH GREATER!
2017-4-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Still wonder whether it is really that hard for Dji to fix loss frame when splitting the video file. Many other vendors can do it without losing frames. Why does it take so long for dji to improve it.
2017-4-30
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-4-30 11:54
Still wonder whether it is really that hard for Dji to fix loss frame when splitting the video file. Many other vendors can do it without losing frames. Why does it take so long for dji to improve it.

I seem to remember reading on a MagicLantern forum that the file size problem is related to how the disc is formatted. Again, based on my memory, you have to use exFat to resolve it. I have no clue if that's something that would work with any DJI equipment but I'd love to hear back on someone testing it out. On the other hand, my memory could be failing miserably, but it might be worth doing some research on.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules