CPL or ND filter.....?
2510 7 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

I'm thinking about buying a filter for my pro but I don't know which one....
First I thought to buy an ND 8 for having it all the time on the camera and also to have some protection for the lenses. But then I saw a review about a CPL and I kind like it.
What is your opinion about that? Should I buy a CPL or ND filter?
Thanks in advance!
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I wouldn't worry about a CPL unless you have a need for it. Specifically what do you expect to be filming?
2017-4-20
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

I have the Taco 5pc. ND filter set plus I bought an extra CPL for when I'm at the beach or over water filming.
2017-4-20
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Germany

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 07:19
I wouldn't worry about a CPL unless you have a need for it. Specifically what do you expect to be filming?

Nothing special, but always on good weather. Then your opinion is better to buy an ND filter?
2017-4-20
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Germany

81SFORLIFE Posted at 2017-4-20 07:20
I have the Taco 5pc. ND filter set plus I bought an extra CPL for when I'm at the beach or over water filming.

You're using it to punch the colors a little bit?
2017-4-20
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2017-4-20 07:38
You're using it to punch the colors a little bit?

Yep and cut the glare on the water and sun.
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2017-4-20 07:35
Nothing special, but always on good weather. Then your opinion is better to buy an ND filter?

Well, as 81SFORLIFE mentioned you can always get both, but yes, if you're only going to buy one or the other I personally would recommend NDs over CPLs. I own and like the Taco-RC multi-coated 6-pack, but they don't offer CPLs (yet) and the Polar Pros are apparently very good too. Honestly I don't know of any brands that get consistently poor comments, but the Tacos and Polars definitely seem to be the most popular choices.

P.S. I should mention, though, that if you buy the DJI brand ND set you need to be careful with them, especially with the removal, because they seem fragile and multiple people have reported cracking them.

2017-4-20
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Germany

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 07:51
Well, as 81SFORLIFE mentioned you can always get both, but yes, if you're only going to buy one or the other I personally would recommend NDs over CPLs. I own and like the Taco-RC multi-coated 6-pack, but they don't offer CPLs (yet) and the Polar Pros are apparently very good too. Honestly I don't know of any brands that get consistently poor comments, but the Tacos and Polars definitely seem to be the most popular choices.

P.S. I should mention, though, that if you buy the DJI brand ND set you need to be careful with them, especially with the removal, because they seem fragile and multiple people have reported cracking them.

Yes I know, I saw some videos and they cracked very easy.  How about these
Lommer Objektivfilter UV CPL ND2 ND4 ND8 ND16 ND32 STAR Kamera Objektivfilter für DJI MAVIC Pro Drone Zubehör--4 Stücke https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071XXN ... p_tai_1oo-ybD0VKTS6

Or that set.

HOBBYTIGER DJI Mavic Pro Filter ND4 ND8 UV CPL (4-Pack) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01N9HI ... p_tai_0po-ybA6Z34F9
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules