Antenna problem?
1472 9 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuperSmaug
New

Netherlands

Hi everyone,
I'm having some issues flying my drone. Every time i fly it arround 20m from me it starts to lose the signal.
The firmware is updated to the latest version. I don't think there is anything wrong with the drone, but  i think there is something wrong with the controller (I accidentally dropped it a couple times as well and the antenna is sitting really loose) so i decided to open up the controller and found out the 2 antenna's inside looked like this:

Is this normal? Or does anyone know how to fix the signal problem?

Thank you!
4a43b565-1b13-489e-a4a0-882ba4b76688.jpg
2017-4-20
Use props
Paizano1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236319 ft
United States

Which signal are you losing, those antenna's inside are for the video feed and the center antenna is control of aircraft.
2017-4-20
Use props
SuperSmaug
New

Netherlands

Paizano1 Posted at 2017-4-20 14:47
Which signal are you losing, those antenna's inside are for the video feed and the center antenna is control of aircraft.

The app first shows "Weak remote controller signal" and then most of the time i lose rc signal.
2017-4-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

As another says .... controller is the centre stick antenna for 5.8ghz ..... video / telemetry is the internal plate antenna of 2.4ghz.

Now a question .... you say at about 20m distance.

What do you have your loss of signal set at ? Hover, land or RTH ?

What does the drone do when you lose signal ?

Reason I ask - is that 20m is the distance that RTH basically dies not kick in and drone will land instead.

I am wondering if you are confusing 'weak transmission signal' with control.

Nigel
2017-4-20
Use props
SuperSmaug
New

Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-20 22:21
As another says .... controller is the centre stick antenna for 5.8ghz ..... video / telemetry is the internal plate antenna of 2.4ghz.

Now a question .... you say at about 20m distance.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply. I lose controll over the drone so it isnt the vide transmission.

I'm losing it after 20-30 meters so that explains why it just lands sometimes instead of going home. Thanks. (I have it set to RTH)

2017-4-21
Use props
fansa47bc5bf
New
Flight distance : 292073 ft
South Africa

Have you solved this issue. Im having the same problem. Hi Cassie. We spoke the other day about the neighbours complaining about your dogs barking. Unfortunately it is getting worse. Your dogs howl and bark all day and night while you are not there. It is especially bad at night. As I am sure you can appreciate as you also have a baby as well, growing children need to get a good nights rest which unfortunately Odin is not getting. Your dogs keep him up all night. I understand that dogs bark and that is why I have put up with it for the last 2 years but this is really got out of hand and you need to do something about it. Kind Regards. Taige.
2017-4-29
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Ok fansa47bc5bf, you wrote about your dog problem on another post, please check where you're trying to send this from/to.
2017-4-29
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

While you have the RC open check the antenna wire connections where they are glued on to the boards inside to make sure they somehow haven't come loose. There will be 3 of them.
2017-4-29
Use props
fansb6a133c5
New

Australia

Hi everyone
I am having issues with my drone  
I can fly about 20 metres away and then it says it has a week signal then no signal and rth it will gain signal again when drone is about 5 metres away from me i can take control and fly away and same happends again i still have full video but cant control anything just wondering if anyone can help me thanks
2017-4-30
Use props
fans727218f7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

What height are you flying? You will lose signal at lower altitudes faster than at higher ones. Also try changing location.  EMI will have an effect on radio signal.

Check the connections in the controller. Watch videos on YouTube on how to insta the Argtek range booster. It will show which wires go to each antenna and where they connect.
Good Luck.
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules