more coming.. one minute.
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 3.38.08 PM.png
2015-3-3
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

tech support thinks I want to buy a GO PRO? WTF?
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 3.39.52 PM.png
2015-3-3
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

and then.. I should try e-bay.. wow.
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 3.41.53 PM.png
2015-3-3
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Ouch... Not Good!!!
2015-3-3
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

http://1uas.com/DJI-Inspire-1-Gimbal-Mount-Mounting-Plate-Part-41 is this what you are looking for?
2015-3-3
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

ruddy951 Posted at 2015-3-4 05:34
http://1uas.com/DJI-Inspire-1-Gimbal-Mount-Mounting-Plate-Part-41 is this what you are looking for?

^exactly what I'm looking for.  Note: they don't have it in stock.
2015-3-4
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, Chris,
The live chat support you contacted is mainly for tech related issue.
We'd like to help you get what you need.Did you try email sales@dji.com or contact our branch office in LA?
2015-3-4
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

I think it's a bit ridiculous to say "this is the real DJI"!

Don't not forget it is a new product ! Search the internet and you can find the parts yourself. Then you also see that they are not in stock.

So be patience, search the internet and you'll find it and where to buy
2015-3-4
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

Try the email support .  It's like keeping a diary to your self.
2015-3-4
Use props
lukebowerman.ya
lvl.2

Malta

Playful Monster Posted at 2015-3-4 21:19
Try the email support .  It's like keeping a diary to your self.

I second that. DJI should look up the word support on a dictionary.

Been mailing them since last Friday and no definitve answers, deaf ears, very very unfair considering the cash we all had to fork out for a beta stage product.
2015-3-4
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

In europe no problem. In my case
2015-3-4
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Terry Posted at 2015-3-4 20:14
Hi, Chris,
The live chat support you contacted is mainly for tech related issue.
We'd like to help  ...

Terry I tried the LA branch office. I'll try that e-mail now.
2015-3-4
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

... what do you think they will respond  with? ...... All bets pay out .
Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 2.57.23 PM.png
2015-3-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris, I forwarded your issue to DJI LA and they have the part.  They will be contacting you for shipping.  
2015-3-4
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

Thank you so much.  Sorry to be a jerk. I just need the part.  
2015-3-4
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

lukebowerman.ya Posted at 2015-3-4 23:14
I second that. DJI should look up the word support on a dictionary.

Been mailing them since last  ...

I have sent an email to DJI support over a month ago and did 2 follow-ups to it... no reply yet and I bet my bird I will NEVER get a reply.
Since I was only asking for small technical information and none of its content showed any "benefit" for DJI, why would they reply? ;)
Since then, I am putting all my questions in forums like these and it proved to be much more efficient, even that for some questions I have, only DJI holds the answers.
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-3-4
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ed, I must have sent three hundred emails, text messages, letters, phone voicemails, live chats and crocodile dundee native american Indian smoke signals asking for three free inspires and Ive had no reply, I think its out of order to be honest.

Its just sheer favouritism if you get the plastic lump above for Chris, that wont even fly on its own, I need the parts all together that can fly.

......any chance you could help?

Thanks!!!
2015-3-4
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-5 05:41
I have sent an email to DJI support over a month ago and did 2 follow-ups to it... no reply yet an ...

Hi, Bornish, I will check and have our tech come back to you shortly.
2015-3-4
Use props
smallkid
lvl.1

Ireland

you can try www.rc711.com. however its a hong kong website and might be expensive for shipping to US or Europe.
2015-3-4
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

24 hours later this is all the e-mail I've received. At the request of  DJITerry I e-mailed sales@dji.com. This was the response.   Tahoe_ED said that someone would contact me and that hasn't happened. The REAL DJI.
Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 12.02.31 PM.png
2015-3-5
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Terry Posted at 2015-3-5 09:58
Hi, Bornish, I will check and have our tech come back to you shortly.

Thank you Terry.
I got a confirmation reply today with apology for delay.
No answer to my question yet.
All I was asking were the valid ranges of all Compass readings (not only the Mod range).
In fact, I hope DJI will provide the ranges for all readings from all sensors.
This should be part of the owner's manual.
We are trying to be responsible pilots and avoid flying with bad calibrations or in other way dangerous situations.
Thanks again,
Bogdan
2015-3-5
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-6 02:16
Thank you Terry.
I got a confirmation reply today with apology for delay.
No answer to my question ...

Thanks Bornish. They need a little time and I will make them come back to you with result today.
2015-3-5
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I will say that the length of time for a reply is quite long. I had sent a tech email myself on February 23rd and didn't receive a reply back until March 4th. I handle a lot of tech calls where I work and thru the replies the thing that amazes me is the reply was very simple with no attempt to research what could be any "user related cause" to any of the issues in the email and simple said -

"Thank you for the email and we gladly appreciate the details that you have provided they are extremely helpful and resourceful. First we'd like to know have you upgraded thee firmware to the latest version?
If you have not then you may want to try to see if this helps so you can resolve some of these issues. If the update does not work you may be required to send your unit in to us for repair.
DJI North America Pro Support"

In the end after looking further into it on my own for a few weeks since the issues started one of my issues was found to be user caused, one was confirmed today that it is a known issue with the Android app and another issue I found to be interference related in front of my house during IMU calibration due to the metal in the concrete in my driveway and simply raising the inspire a few feet off the ground on a raised level platform fixed that issue.

This would of resulted in 3-4 weeks + of down time, wasted money in shipping and a lot of aggravation if I followed the email.

Its not a bad thing to talk with customers and really look at "other" possibilities than to just say "send it in".  I would hate to the the person that reviews the P&L at DJI when auditing the tech and services department.
2015-3-6
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

Just wanted to bump this thread as  nobody has contacted me from DJI about the Gimbal Mounting Plate.
2015-3-11
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Funny thing I spent some time on the phone today about a bricked remote with DJI tech. Actually got the tech to ask a few questions but he kept acting like my USB was messed up or I had other files on my usb stick even though I kept reminding him he multiple times that I successfully updated my other remote and the inspire. He finally go the clue, asked me for my address and put me on hold for a brief moment.

I asked him for a RA and a call tag, he said ok ill email it to you and then tried to end the call, but never got my email, or contact info other than my mailing address. I asked him how he is going to email me since he doesn't have my email address, "yeah", I gave it to him straight and phonetically and asked him to read it back to me to make sure he got it correct and he just said "I got it"...

I then asked him one more question about why my Android App keeps saying "motors starting" while in mid flight. He stated, "weve never heard of that", I then told him that one of the DJI techs online said it was a known issue and he replied "mmm well I will have to look into that for you, have a good day" and hung up.  He still doesn't have my phone number

This was all earlier today. Still no email, no call tag, no RMA number .......   On a side note. this was the same guy that was on the tech line the last three times I had called before. Do they only have one tech? This guy doesn't sound thrilled to be taking customer calls. I know tech support jobs suck as I hate doing tech calls at work myself but daymn.  Im not holding my breath ill be seeing that email. Ill probably have to call back again.  

Other than that the bird is flying and thankfully I have a second remote.
2015-3-11
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

It would seem that the customer support is lacking with this company.  I am not really sure why as they are approaching a billion dollars in sales this year.
2015-3-15
Use props
mbelart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58576759 ft
Chile

Yesterday i wait hours in online service and nothings happens... I think thah the CEO is full party in a isle and the company is on other side of the planet in other party making jokes obout Inspire 1 owners...
2015-3-15
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Showing 'in stock' now.

I just ordered one.
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-3-5 05:53
Ed, I must have sent three hundred emails, text messages, letters, phone voicemails, live chats and crocodile dundee native american Indian smoke signals asking for three free inspires and Ive had no reply, I think its out of order to be honest.

You Sir are a total Richard!  
I hope your props fall off and fly up your arse -

So sorry to read about your problems Chris. I actually "read" your posted emails and can understand your frustration. Just wow is all I can say. Thank God Ed is on this site to bridge the Gap for you. Good Luck fellow Flyer!
2015-3-25
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 06:23

A final follow up on this. Ed does a great job here. I thank him sincerely for all his help. DJI should give him a raise for the stuff he has to deal with.

That being said, DJI never did contact me about this as was promised. I even tried calling them again in LA about the issue with the same results.  I ended up first repairing it myself and then finally purchased a replacement from a dealer recently when the part finally came in stock (just a few days ago).

I've now done two repairs on my inspire myself simply due to the horrendous turn around times for repairs and the cost of shipping, but right now I'm loving it. She's flying perfectly and the weather is finally getting warmer here in New York.

-chris  "currently incredibly happy with his inspire 1" con
2015-3-25
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hahahahaa I think you missed the sarcasm, humour and irony of my message which came after Chris had gained a resolution.

Get off your horse and drink your milk.

And don't call me Sir.

Other than the above I've just read some of your posts which were quite informative.
2015-4-10
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-5 04:10
Thank you so much.  Sorry to be a jerk. I just need the part.

Your not being a Jerk,  DJI is poorly run from a customer Service and reliability stand point.  They have good products but they don't give a crap about our issues.  The Phantom 3 is all the proof we need.
2015-4-10
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bolwerk.arnold Posted at 2015-3-4 20:28
I think it's a bit ridiculous to say "this is the real DJI"!

Don't not forget it is a new product ! ...

Maybe car manufacturers should do the same huh?

Sorry sir that balljoint is not available yet......
think about what you are saying here, parts availibilty should be made readily available before even dreaming of releasing a new model like the Phantom 3...............
just my 2 cents..
2015-4-10
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

I'm been arguing with this damn company over the 2 ribbon cables for 2 months.  I've flown a total of 2 minutes.....
FINALLY found a set on Amazon.   
But get this....I powered it up the other day and it stays blinking yellow...can't work so far...  Sending mine back in and raising hell for a new one....I'm damn near tempted to file a chargeback with my credit card over this.
2015-4-10
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Here is how this is looking to me....and it's not good. DJI got in over their head with the Inspire....I don't think they thought so many would sell. Now they've discovered that the Inspire is too labor intensive to be a  solid profitable mid-level item. They decided to do what they do best and take what they learned from Inspire to build a better Phantom. I'm afraid the Inspire will become the Windows Vista of drones. I am lucky enough to have an Inspire that works well...but I know if I break it....it's finished.
2015-4-10
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

WOW! I'm glad mine has not broken (yet) I notice that if you try to make contact with DJI for help or parts yourself you'll get no where. But if a rep helps here you have a better chance of dealing with them.
Sounds like Centrelink

Centrelinpagek.jpg

here in Australia

2015-4-11
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-4-11 11:22
Here is how this is looking to me....and it's not good. DJI got in over their head with the Inspire. ...

I really  think this post has a lot of validity to it.  If you look at the history of this entire experience it appears that DJI released an item that was not ready, too expensive to fix and possibly had inherent design problems (like the raising arms causing vibronic shake)..  

Fun fact:s
Which is  the only  DJI product with a Maintenance Manual?  Inspire 1-   Bonus: Written months after release.

Which is the only product that required DJI to send two sets of replacement parts to buyers ? Inspire 1 !

Which is the only DJI product that had to open a public Beta Testing process?... Inspire 1:  Bonus: Public beta test months after release.

Which is the only DJI product to be replaced with full parity of each product feature in only 3-4 months after initial shipments? INSPIRE 1! (except for raising legs/separate camera control and speed  that may have been one of the inherent design failures previously mentioned. Harmonic Vibration
Bonus: cut the price in more than half to make 99% of buyers never consider the Inspire 1.. Less sold = less to repair

To me this really sounds like DJI actively regrets releasing and creating and the Inspire 1 and has no plans to actively create anything to prolong it's future.  

When it works, it's amazing! But when it doesn't, it's a pile of hurt.  It's a pile of hurt for DJI due to incredibly above average crashes and expensive repairs and its a pile of hurt for the consumer who paid double for a product that never should have been released. Was not ready. Now can't be fixed with any reasonable time frame.   DJI clearly knows the thing is a nightmare because they still won't provide a constant stream of parts and refuse to let their existing dealer network service them.

Post from the future :  Product development is completely abandoned. No add on cameras. No inspire 2.   

I'm calling it right now .. This will be the Inspire 1 and Done for Dji.   

-chris "And never ask DJI about groundstation ever again. They are completely abandoning it to third parties due to legal liability. They just won't openly admidt that" con

2015-4-11
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-4-12 08:53
I really  think this post has a lot of validity to it.  If you look at the history of this entire e ...

Sadly, I agree with everything you say. My Inspire has been great, but I may end up selling it while it is still a solid craft. I am really watching the NAB with interest.....there is where I will learn what DJI's plans are for Inspire.
2015-4-11
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Chris Con Posted at 2015-4-12 08:53
I really  think this post has a lot of validity to it.  If you look at the history of this entire e ...

I hope DJI will comment on your revue, cause when you're right, i doubt if I ever see mine back again.
They have it in their workshop to examine whats wrong with the craft. Reading all this i'm glad i hit at least some eastern eggs . Let's hope the best from it!

Theo
2015-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules