gs_ofdm.bin used to fix remotes frozen after firmware
123Next >
18199 97 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawnpete76
lvl.2

United States

Sorry for your all your troubles Jim,  When I updated both my inspire and the remote, neither machine performed as described in the instructions.  No DD DD DD from the Inspire. And the remote seemed to update per the instructions, blue light, beeping.  Then I tried to connect remote to inspire and just a white light on the remote.  I chated with DJI support.  They sent me the return to default file for the remote.  I returned the remote to factory default per their instructions.  Then went to reinstall the update. The reinstall did not work, or so I thought.  When I returned the remote to factory default it let it connect to to inspire.  I looked up the firmware and everything was up to date.  WEIRD!!   I have 52 flight on the Inspire since with only the GPS/ATTI isues.
2015-3-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

shawnpete76 Posted at 2015-3-9 12:50
Sorry for your all your troubles Jim,  When I updated both my inspire and the remote, neither machin ...

Thanks Shawnpete.  Wish I could get my remote back to default but no matter what I do it stays red, never beeps and never a txt file that says yay or nay.

Tried the bin file, multiple USBs and SDs, connecting to the Inspire, and Tahoe_Ed even said there are RCs that will not come back to life without a board replacement, which I'm now resigned to having.

But don't feel bad for me, my second remote is working fine and I'm still flying!   Just means I won't be able to have a second operator for a few weeks but the truth is virtually all of my flying has been solo anyway so I'm not fussed.

Thanks for the support, great community!
2015-3-8
Use props
yves.stroobants
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280650 ft
Belgium

Hi can anyone send me the file please

yves.stroobants@gmail.com

Thanks
2015-3-9
Use props
jesper88
New

Denmark

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-9 14:31
Thanks Shawnpete.  Wish I could get my remote back to default but no matter what I do it stays red ...

I have the same problem with both my remots

Solid Red and just 100% dead, no matter what i do...
2015-3-9
Use props
DVPLLC
lvl.1

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-9 08:14
Thanks, all advice is greatly appreciated in case something works!

Yeah, thought of that.   Have t ...

One of our 2 in house inspires is still down too Jim because of this.  When we get the fix, we will post it here for you or if you get the fix, post it here for us.

Drone Video Productions
2015-3-9
Use props
bdavid01.hotmai
New

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-4 06:37
So it seems like there is a test to know if your remote is bricked or recoverable via the magic firm ...

I have the exact same issue.  worked with tech support several hours over several days and the magic file does NOT work for me and my second RC also says 'Disconnected'.  Its 1 week old and needless to say has me jammed up pretty good as I had professional deadlines that I now cannot fulfill.  I'm surprised that they don't have a fix already.
2015-3-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

yves.stroobants Posted at 2015-3-9 21:36
Hi can anyone send me the file please

Tahoe-Ed supplied a link-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0suyxxhm5g5g6or/gs_ofdm.bin?dl=0
2015-3-9
Use props
yves.stroobants
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280650 ft
Belgium

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-10 04:53

thx Jimhare
2015-3-12
Use props
kellyclynch
New

United States

Jim, would you mind sending me the file as well? Thank you!
kelly c lynch @mac(dot)com
2015-3-28
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

kellyclynch@mac Posted at 2015-3-29 11:12
Jim, would you mind sending me the file as well? Thank you!
kelly c lynch @mac(dot)com

Hi Kelly, you can download it here:

2015-3-28
Use props
edzus2000
lvl.1

Latvia

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-29 12:13

I had the same problem with RC on Inspire 1.
I turned off my RC by mistake in middle of update.
DO NOT DO THAT IF YOU WHANT THAT EVERITHING WORKS WITHOUT PROBLEMS.

Mesadge in txt file:
==========1970.01.01 00:00:13==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin,
Result: Error
Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

Status light was withe and it didn't update.
Normally it should be done as follow:
1.        FORMAT the SD card (including the hidden folder)
2. Re-input the firmware software into the SD card
3. insert the SD card to the camera and connect the camera with RC using USB cable after powering on the aircraft
4. Start the whole upgrade process again
5. Do not turn off until the upgrade has been upgraded successfully.

But in my case I used gs_ofdm.bin to get  RC working.
2015-4-2
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-29 12:13

Jim, how did you get them to let you just send the remote? They want me to send the entire unit to them in LA.
2015-4-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-9 13:39
Jim, how did you get them to let you just send the remote? They want me to send the entire unit to ...

I had a lot of discussions with support.   Plus I already had a working remote and working Inspire so it was all still in operation.   In the end it was the retailer that did the RMA and they only wanted to deal with the remote.
2015-4-8
Use props
hayward.hunt
New

United States

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-4 08:32
Jim.  We were given that file by DJI tech in the chat support that pops up when you enter the inspir ...

can I get the bin file and procedures also
2015-7-16
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

hayward.hunt Posted at 2015-7-17 06:11
can I get the bin file and procedures also

The link is posted in one of the above posts,  procedure outlined several times also, read the thread
2015-7-16
Use props
camera
New

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-16 17:54
The link is posted in one of the above posts,  procedure outlined several times also, read the thr ...

I just ran into similar problems. Dealt directly with DJI and long story short it's suspected that the new firmware was not compatible with the older hardware (from the early release of the Inspire) and bricked the radios. Drone was fine, both radios had to be replaced.
2015-9-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

camera@dancopla Posted at 2015-9-18 13:22
I just ran into similar problems. Dealt directly with DJI and long story short it's suspected that ...

All of this makes me think that we really dont own these things we are only leasing for the duration of our support warranty.
2015-9-21
Use props
naaman
New

Germany

I have the the same Problem with my P3P GL300B Transmitter.
Updated trough DJI GO APP 2.4.0 and between 99% and 100% the Upgrade failed.

Searched different Threads and tried the posted problem-solve-ways for the last 4-5 Days.
Nothing worked so far.
The Transmitter-Status-LED is solid "sky blue" and the Firmware version, shown in the DJI Go APP, is  1.4.30 (the Version shown before was 1.3.20).

My last Hope ist this magically, failed updates erasing BIN-File.
I´ve got the File from one of the Links posted above, but i´m a little afraid of testing it on my RC.
Is there anyone with successfully experiences here, using it on a P3P GL300B Transmitter?

Dirk

P.S.: sorry for my english, i hope you can encrypt it.
2015-11-11
Use props
Mikeall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238481 ft
Italy

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-6 11:10
Yep, should be there.

JIMHARE  sorry, can you send the file?..i have the same problem ..-((( BRICK O NO BRICK THIS IS THE PROBLEm? -))))Thank you
albano@libero.it
2015-11-11
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Mikeall Posted at 2015-11-12 16:48
JIMHARE  sorry, can you send the file?..i have the same problem ..-((( BRICK O NO BRICK THIS IS TH ...

Hi Mikeall,

Try to download it here -

2015-11-12
Use props
Mikeall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238481 ft
Italy

jimhare Posted at 2015-11-12 12:41
Hi Mikeall,

Try to download it here -

Thanks, it's very kind of you
2016-1-1
Use props
zipper
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Just to say I am having the same problem as it seems many others having.

Have two remotes. One works perfectly. The other bought 9 months ago when new but never used - only updated the firmware when new and never flown with it. Now ready to try and use the Slave option but cannot get the remote to work at all.

Just Red light. Says on App disconnected.

Firmware was on v.1.03 before today. I havent flown for a while and upgraded everything today. DJI Go App upgraded to latest version. Both bird and master controller updated no problem. The latter prompted for a download from the Android device and that worked flawlessly. The second remote - different story. Just Red light and "Disconnected"

I have tried every possible way of updating firmware, changing devices (iOS, android, tablets etc). Lots of different cables, USB sticks, SD card adaptors. I have formatted the USB/SD card using FAT, exFAT and also using the camera/app format process. Diligently deleted the .txt file after every update including each battery.  have tried updating the firmware using every single method talked about on the various forums. I cannot seem to get any connection. Even things like enabling USB debugging and other associated things which people have mentioned

Finally admitting defeat and reaching out the the legendary 24/7 customer service which I have never used before - its closed!

I have just tried this magic file (gs_ofdm.bin) in desperation as going out with friends in the morning and planning to have two remotes.

I'm very comfortable with technology and despite being a RTF machine, I am not bothered with teething problems but i think it is poor design that there is no 'factory reset' button combination for the remotes.

Not sure what to do now. Is this a brick?

Thanks for any support - not sure if i've missed anything?

Zip

2016-1-30
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

zipper Posted at 2016-1-31 13:16
Hi All,

Just to say I am having the same problem as it seems many others having.

All I can think is that you never paired the second remote before making it a slave?

This happened to me once, it just wouldn't be acknowledged by the app.  Forget whether I updated the firmware or just paired it but something fixed it.   Was almost a year ago so not exactly sure.

Best of luck!
2016-1-31
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-4 02:32
Jim.  We were given that file by DJI tech in the chat support that pops up when you enter the inspir ...

Seems I got the same problem while updating to v1.7.0.90. I turned of the bird by mistake. Both of my RC were running simultainously and ended with an error message. I will try the .bin file and tell you the results.

Zkampi
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 11:11
Seems I got the same problem while updating to v1.7.0.90. I turned of the bird by mistake. Both of  ...

Zkmamp, many folks just upload the 1.5 bin file to fix there bricked remotes.  Or you can load the 1.3 bin file from the DJI site .  I t seems to work, others have reported success this way.  You will need to update after the 1.3 but it at least gets you started. I can send it to you if you like , the 1.5 file.  Send me your e mail.
mine is donaldjames1990@gmail.com

you could start with this file gs_ ofdm file and then load the 1.5 file I could send you. let me know

donnie

2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 19:17
Zkmamp, many folks just upload the 1.5 bin file to fix there bricked remotes.  Or you can load the  ...

O.k. I tried the gs_ofdm.bin at both RC but without any results. I did everything as described but there is no change. The RC doesn't react to the stick with the bin-file at all. I don't not what to do. Got anyone an idea? By the way: The update of the bird worked well and my app (also updatet) shows only "No Signal".

Thanks for your advice. I will try to run the 1.3 firmware first. If you could send me the 1.5 to kamp@1idee.de, this would be great.
2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 20:00
O.k. I tried the gs_ofdm.bin at both RC but without any results. I did everything as described but ...

I just tried reinstalling firmware 1.3 without result. The RC does not react at all... :-(((
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 13:09
I just tried reinstalling firmware 1.3 without result. The RC does not react at all... :-(((

I will send it to you in 5 min. via e mail   Let me know if it works.  

Also try it with the transmitter off first load the Thumb drive, then turn it on.

If that dont work try just loading it with the RC transmitter on .

In either case make sure Aircraft is off.

Also check the hidden file after the update see what it says.  

This is gonna work though !!!!!

Donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 20:21
I will send it to you in 5 min. via e mail   Let me know if it works.  

Also try it with the tran ...

I don't believe it. The RC is beeping again !!!
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 13:46
I don't believe it. The RC is beeping !!!

Cool, not there yet but it is a start.................. keep me posted.  Sometimes you will need to  do additional updates via w-i fi and sometimes not. Let me know what it says.
-donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 20:47
Cool, not there yet but it is a start.................. keep me posted.  Sometimes you will need to ...

The Update really worked. Log file says update succesfull. And the bird connects with the RC as well. I am only wondering why the app now is telling me, that the firmware is the latest. I thought I now have to update to 1.7 again ??
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 14:03
The Update really worked. Log file says update succesfull. And the bird connects with the RC as we ...

No you dont, the update is current.  The numbers will not match.  that is normal .

Can you please  go to the "About page "  and take a screen shot of this and post it. I will double check it for you . ( or just list them please )  

also how did you fire up with the Thumb drive ?  did you plug the Thumb drive in then turn it on ? Or was the transmitter already on and you just plugged the thumb drive in ?  

next time in Germany  you owe me  a Pint !!

cheers -donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 13:47
Cool, not there yet but it is a start.................. keep me posted.  Sometimes you will need to ...

Please confirm the about page on your go app looks like this please
image.png
2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 21:12
No you dont, the update is current.  The numbers will not match.  that is normal .

Can you please  ...

Here it is.

The app now is suggesting me to format the SD-Card. Do I have to?
If you are really visiting me at Germany I swear we will have more than one pint...

Status "About"

Status "About"
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 14:34
Here it is.

The SD card ?  You can now format it if you wish , it has done it's job.     You mean the one on the aircraft correct ?  

The screen shot shows you are up to date.  NOW did you update the batteries with the update from 1.6 ?  If not , let me know , And i will tell how to do it.  If it is done last time good.  

Ok , several pints in germany then....... sounds good !!

Now , did you plug in the SD card ( thumb Drive )  while the transmitter was off or on ?  
2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 21:34
Here it is.

I forgot. I first plugged the Thumb drive in and then turned on the RC.
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 14:46

Thank you !  Now go fly, have fun, kiss pretty women , all that good stuff Germany has to offer.  Are you a German or are you there on business. ?  My brother is hosting a Young man From Berlin for a Month and then  My  Nephew will spend a month there in July .

Thrilled you have it working, I love it when things work out- brother donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
Zkampi
lvl.1
Germany

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 21:46

The 1.6 update I did with all batteries the last time. When I tried to update them to 1.7 there was no reaction. I first updated the camera to 1.7, then changed the batteries, updated the app and then tried to make the update of the RC – unfortunately by WLAN over the app. This will be the last time to choose that way...

Again thanks a lot for your help – you saved my day!
Best –
Zkampi
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 14:57
The 1.6 update I did with all batteries the last time. When I tried to update them to 1.7 there wa ...

My pleasure , you are up to date, the latest update for 1.7 was just for the camera on the Inspire 1.  The 1.6 update was for the Batteries  as well as the aircraft.  Also remember that the Version Numbers will not always match.    Also in the future  make sure the Aircraft is NEVER on when updating the Transmitter and the Transmitter is NEVER on when updating the aircraft .   Be sure to always power up like this as well 1-Transmitter 2- Aircraft 3- Go App  and when powering down ALWAYS like this  1-Aircraft 2- Transmitter 3- go app.  

These are the important tips I wanted to share with you .  Cheers for East Lansing Michigan -donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Zkampi Posted at 2016-4-1 14:57
The 1.6 update I did with all batteries the last time. When I tried to update them to 1.7 there wa ...

Zkampi  , I sent you an e- mail also , No need to answer twice if you already did the e mail and vice versa   How did you know the Update was done ? did it stop beeping and do you remember if the lights changed color on the transmitter ?  

Thanks I have had good luck with  giving this advise and want to write a tutorial

-donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules