Gimbal Motor Overload
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans05574e33
New
Flight distance : 132484 ft
United States

Hi! I have a Phantom 3 Standard quadcopter which I have had for about a year and a half. It was working fine until about 5 months back. I was starting it up and got the alert on my phone in the DJI app and it said "Gimbal Motor Overload". I found a way to bypass this by simpally holding up the camera as the quad started up. This worked for quite some time. Then it just stopped working about 3 months after, flying it every week or so. The motor would not catch on when I would start the quad up. I looked on Google, YouTube and other platforms for a possible answer but everything that came up was for, mainly, the Phantom 3 Professional. Nothing worked considering that all solutions were tied only to the this version. If anyone has any idea how to fix this problem or any ideas I could try, please let me know! Thanks!
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware update of a hard landing?
2017-4-20
Use props
DRONESTUFF
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 22:18
Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware update of a hard landing?

I have never crashed the quad or had a bad landing with it. I don't remember exactly but it may have been after a firmware update. I believe by maybe a week or so...
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DRONESTUFF Posted at 2017-4-21 08:24
I have never crashed the quad or had a bad landing with it. I don't remember exactly but it may have been after a firmware update. I believe by maybe a week or so...

As far as you can tell, there isn't any friction when moving the motors by hand, correct? Does the gimbal seem to get particularty hot?
2017-4-21
Use props
DRONESTUFF
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-21 14:46
As far as you can tell, there isn't any friction when moving the motors by hand, correct? Does the gimbal seem to get particularty hot?

No. The gimbal if fine except for the motor holding the camera, which seems to think its normal view is stright down. I also have no control over it. I know the motor still works but it doesn't seem to want to calibrate correctly. I keep trying everything I find or suggest.
2017-4-21
Use props
Josh_89
New

Japan

I'm having the same problem so a bit curious if you have find a solution yet?
2017-5-29
Use props
Magicj23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1989557 ft
United States

Did anyone figure what the fix was for this problem I have tried everything but nothing short of sending it to Dji for repairs has worked
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules