Smart PowerCharge Vs DJI HEX Charger
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

So I need a charger that will charge i1 batteries simultaneously, and I'm looking the Smart Powercharge and the DJI HEX.

The pros and cons I've found for both are:

Smart Powercharge ($700AUD)
Pros: Can deep cycle, charges slightly faster, seems more durable.
Cons: About $200 more expensive, charges only 4x batts, bulkier.

DJI HEX ($500AUD)
Pros: Cheaper, charges 6x batts.
Cons: No deep cycle, slower charging.

What do you guys think? Deep cycle would be a plus, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $200

Is there anything I'm missing?

Cheers!
2017-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Si

Edit:  Sorry, you are talking about the charger for the Inspire 1  not I2 (yet)   

I really like my SPC for the Inspire 1 ...... I have had my charging system for over 1 year and it works perfectly, it has been covered many times in the forums. You can get a beta FW update to have this unit set for a storage charge level also. 4X batteries, 2 devices and 2 remotes all at the same time. It is spendy but worth the price IMO.

Rich
2017-4-20
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

If money was no object I would definitely lean toward the SPC, but I do like the fact that the HEX charges 6 batts at once, plus two remotes.

Like I said deep cycling would be a plus, but I've done it myself in the past without too much issue.

Tough choice!
2017-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2017-4-21 19:37
If money was no object I would definitely lean toward the SPC, but I do like the fact that the HEX charges 6 batts at once, plus two remotes.

Like I said deep cycling would be a plus, but I've done it myself in the past without too much issue.

I understand your point but, the SPC has over a 400 watt power supply for charging 4 batteries and the DJI HEX only uses the stock Inspire 1 180 watt power supply. That is certainly very light on power to charge 6 at one time. That is not counting the remotes and devices too.
I do not mean to be negative on this choice..

Sorry, the math does not add up on this one.

Rich
2017-4-21
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-21 20:54
I understand your point but, the SPC has over a 400 watt power supply for charging 4 batteries and the DJI HEX only uses the stock Inspire 1 180 watt power supply. That is certainly very light on power to charge 6 at one time. That is not counting the remotes and devices too.
I do not mean to be negative on this choice..

How long does it take you to charge 4x batteries from around 20-30% with the SPC?

I did see a video where the hex charged 6x TB47S batteries in 1h 48min from 20%
**Update**
I just convinced a retailer to sell me their display model SPC for $100 off. That solves that problem!

2017-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2017-4-21 23:42
How long does it take you to charge 4x batteries from around 20-30% with the SPC?

I did see a video where the hex charged 6x TB47S batteries in 1h 48min from 20%

I am sure you will like it

I have not timed my battery charging (sorry to say).   I believe that it should charge TB47  fully in about 80 minutes.  please remember that this is all 4 batteries at once, plus 2 remotes , 2 devices too    

That's my best guess  
Rich
2017-4-22
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-20 20:30
Hi Si

Edit:  Sorry, you are talking about the charger for the Inspire 1  not I2 (yet)   

Arrived today

Where can you get the beta FW update?

Have you tried the beta FW?
2017-5-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2017-5-2 21:44
Arrived today

Where can you get the beta FW update?

Hello Mr. SI

The  beta FW gives the option of storage mode and is managed only via FB group. If you have a Facebook account, please send a message to Dr. Lynh Phan and this will get you what you need.

I am sending you a PM also...

Thanks
Rich
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules