12896 19 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerialmediapros
New

United States

Here is a custom Pelican Storm Case for your DJI Inspire 1. Available HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSADxJNl2qA

Update :  A few people were asking about traveling with the copter in Flying mode. This is the responce from the CEO of Aerial Media Pros.

Hi guys, in regards to keeping your copter in Flying mode VSLanding mode,,,
By keeping your inspire in flying mode inside the case, yourisk damaging the camera as it bounces and dangles from the vibrationisolaters. Yes, you can wrap it all up in bubble wrap and such, but most feelmore comfortable knowing it completely secured in its protective case. Ouroriginal version of the case allowed you to keep the inspire in flying mode.Our current Pelican is deep enough and would allow flying mode with our originaland first foam design. We actually had the first set cut to keep the Inspire inlanding mode, but while testing these cases out on set, and from traveling withthem, we quickly found that the camera was getting banged around. We had sentquite a few samples to some of the professionals in the industry to take out touse and abuse. The feedback we got was that they preferred to have the inspirein travel mode (Its most secure state for transport, and there is a reason DJIdesigned it to travel that way). The case we tried that allowed you to keep theInspire in flying mode was a little smaller and quite a bit cheaper to make,but the overall protection was simply not there. We found though our testingand through user feedback that its better to just take 60 seconds, put yourInspire in travel mode, and then secure your expensive camera/gimbal into itsown secure location. That will insure you arrive on set every time with yourgear ready to go and without it being damaged. Last thing you want to do is travelhours across country, only to arrive on set and realize something was damaged.Taking the time to simply go into travel mode and to secure the camera andgimbal, pales in regards to saving a few seconds and arriving with brokenequipment. The Partnering as a Licensed Pelican dealer made it cost much moreto manufacture these cases, but we felt its well worth the added assurance inquality, reliability and performance. I decided to focus on delivering a greatproduct at the best price possible, rather than focus on making the best profitmargin. We seem have the best price on any Pelican case being offered for theinspire, and more often than none, Our Official Pelican is only $20-30 morethan the imitation Pelican or cheap Chinese plastic cases. The feedback wereceived was that customers would prefer to spend just a little more forOfficial Pelican Quality, rather than save a few bucks on purchasing animitation. When you have close to $5000 in inspire, Ipads, and support gear, itonly made sense to spend a little more on quality products to protect yourinvestment.

2015-3-3
Use props
lon.garwood
lvl.2

South Korea

Is there a carry-on size version?
2015-3-3
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

Go professional  cases are similar.  I have one and it works great for me.
2015-3-3
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I got my from aerial media pro, the case is awesome, it has travel wheel which exact what I need when I have to walk in different places. the quality just perfect, very well built!
2015-3-3
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Very nice product!!

I hope to see a case to fit the air craft in when its not in travel mode. Is there such a thing??

Or am I mistaken will this case allow for craft and cam to be attached while in transport?
2015-3-3
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Almost $500 for a case? The world has gone mad!
2015-3-3
Use props
kw9924
lvl.2

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-4 13:28
Almost $500 for a case? The world has gone mad!

Bornish, the Stormcase is indeed IM2875.  I've got one from B&H at around $200 and peeled out the diced foam. Took me an hour to that. Not as perfect as the custom made from Aerial Media Pro but protection-wise, it will do the same job
2015-3-4
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

One problem with the Aerial Media Pro case....... Look carefully at how high the batteries ride in their spaces, this means on closing the lid the foam will compress and potentially press the battery button permanently!!!
A far better design would be to have the batteries resessed fully like the remotes are.
2015-3-4
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I may get one of these, and the current dji case I will use to house my Walkera Voyager 3 and the voyager case I will try to sell on ebay.
2015-3-4
Use props
flbstudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Pelican Storm Case last week. It's great. You get what you pay for...I've had cheaper cases and they've seemed fine at first but over time they fall apart. All of my Pelicans (not sold by Aerial Media Pros) are still holding strong and Pelican has lifetime support for all their stuff. I've even had free parts sent to me because a handle broke or a latch or whatever. Live or die by the Peli!

Anyway, I would highly recommend this case to ANYONE who owns an Inspire. It's well worth the money.
2015-3-4
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I bought the Go Professional which is nicely set out. For everyday use in the back of a car it perfect, nice and safe. However, I'm not sure I'd travel with it on airlines unless it was going in the hold, which I wouldn't be too keen on. Ironically, I'd revert to the original case for Intl travel so it can go in the cabin. The handle broke on the original case, but I picked up replacement 3D printed parts on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261788 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
These are much tougher than the original parts and work a treat. Great service too.
2015-3-5
Use props
gary
lvl.1
United States

the Pelican Storm Case for Inspire 1 sold by Aerial Media Pros will not fit in airlines carry-on overhead compartments.   It measures  25x25x15 inches.  

It is a very strong case, and would be fine being thrown around by your friendly luggage handlers.   
2015-3-11
Use props
BIMTroublemaker
lvl.1

Singapore

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-5 16:59
I bought the Go Professional which is nicely set out. For everyday use in the back of a car it perfe ...

So would the original equipment case for the Inspire fit in an overhead bin on an airplane?  What are its dimensions?
2015-6-20
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

This is even more expensive from Droneland.
http://static.webshopapp.com/sho ... -flightmode-cas.jpg
2015-6-21
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

BIMTroublemaker Posted at 2015-6-21 07:38
So would the original equipment case for the Inspire fit in an overhead bin on an airplane?  What  ...

No it's bigger than the maximum carry on sizes for all airlines I know of. You might get away with it on premium/more expensive airlines but if you travel much, you WILL be asked to check it at some point. Would you risk that? I certainly wouldn't as my I1 case zips come apart easily.  
2015-6-21
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

FlyGuy Posted at 2015-6-21 18:33
This is even more expensive from Droneland.
http://static.webshopapp.com/shops/039929/files/0280079 ...

Cant see this advertised on their website
2015-6-21
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

GB 44,
t's under "multirotors en onderdelen", Inspire 1. There are several pictures. You can even get your company name engraved in the foam on the inside. Looks very nice.
There site is called www.droneland.nl
The also offer homologation for your Inspire. But at a price of well over 2.000 dollars I wonder what exactly that will be.
2015-6-22
Use props
walky
lvl.2

Australia

I'm looking for a case, and after seeing this I have to wonder why they didn't design it to house the machine in landing mode anyway. They say the camera can be damaged if left on the mounting point at the front of the machine, but personally I'd be happy removing it and packing it away without the headache of putting it in/out of travel mode everytime I want to use it.
That way people can make the choice themselves. If it sits in the back of the car, leaving the camera on is unlikely to damage it, and if you are flying, just detach it..simple.

I find it such a pain in the ass to land, switch off, remove camera, switch on - go to travel mode, switch off and pack, then unpack, switch on - go to landing mode, switch off, fit camera, switch on, fly.
2015-9-26
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

walky Posted at 2015-9-27 07:26
I'm looking for a case, and after seeing this I have to wonder why they didn't design it to house th ...

Walky, totally agree with your comments re the pain in the ass process! As you are in Oz, try one of these from Drone Armour. I have had one for quite a while now and cannot fault it. Saves me heaps of time and have had no probs in the inspire being safely transported:

2015-9-27
Use props
walky
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks Wolfman, I have seen that case. Damn expensive though, and to be honest I'm not a fan of the strapped in with no foam holding things  concept despite it being a truly ready to fly case. I'm more leaning towards the Go Professional Landing Mode case as it's cheaper (not much), and slightly more portable.
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules