After Firmware Update
2978 30 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Updated successfully last night, flew this afternoon.

Pros:

No more blinking red, compass error message or heavy drifting that I reported.

Cons:

I'm still losing signal where my screen goes completley black, shows "no signal" in red for up to 10 seconds then resumes my video feed. I'm still paranoid to push my bird out more than a few hundred meters because of this. Note this is different than the low HD signal warning that I got before but I didn't really go far enough to test that out.

What can I do?

Side note - I noticed a small warning message if the bird is behind you, it will warn you to fly safely. Is this new?

2015-3-3
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

Are you on iOS or android?
2015-3-3
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bahamasky@me.co Posted at 2015-3-4 07:32

use "custom" under the wireless channel and pick the one with least RED bars chose green bars they are stable channels. confirm that the blue bar (the one you are using) is in a stable channel
2015-3-3
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

bahamasky@me.co Posted at 2015-3-4 07:32

ios ipad air version 1.
2015-3-3
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-4 08:47
use "custom" under the wireless channel and pick the one with least RED bars chose green bars they ...

everytime i go to look for a custom channel there will be a strong green one then it will bounce back to red. None of them look stronger than the others?
2015-3-3
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Bahamas

Do u have enable hardware decode selected?
2015-3-3
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

bahamasky@me.co Posted at 2015-3-4 09:56
Do u have enable hardware decode selected?

Yes I do - I can't figure this one out.
2015-3-3
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmmm never heard of that
2015-3-3
Use props
Flightlife
lvl.1

Australia

Won't fix the issue, but I've had the same problem as well. To work around this, i either plug a HDMI monitor into the master transmitter and dual transmit or plug a hdmi monitor into the slave unit. This helps my confidence in flying further and in tighter areas. When it glitches out, i just glance at the monitor and can see it's still going strong. Must be a monitor off hdmi though. Have noticed a tablet on a second controller can glitch out as well
2015-3-3
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Bahamas

Deselect enable hardware decode and you should be straight.
2015-3-4
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

On my last flight I had the warning about it flying behind me when it was in front of me and I havent done any updates in firmware ever on the inspire.
2015-3-4
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

bahamasky@me.co Posted at 2015-3-4 17:45
Deselect enable hardware decode and you should be straight.

so disable it? Everyone is saying it helps it have it on, no?
2015-3-4
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Bahamas

i have a iPad air 2 and it is off and I don't have any glitches at all its worth a try.
2015-3-4
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok,  Can someone really explain what the hardware decoder is doing, if on or off.
2015-3-4
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Well, after reading all the horror stories for the last couple months from people that were having much worse experiences with the Inspire than I, I am now having many of those same issues after the firmware update. Grr.

REALLY crappy fpv video on iPad Mini - was pretty great before update, now sucks. Jitters, dropping, no range
Flying now seems hypersensitive to stick inputs - was very nice and easy to control before update, much like my Phantom 2

This one flight doesn't convince me there is a problem 100% but it's suspicious. Flying again later when it warms up.
2015-3-5
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

wolftj@mindspri Posted at 2015-3-5 23:09
Well, after reading all the horror stories for the last couple months from people that were having m ...

I like to think every flight is a gamble with the Inspire. You really never know what you're going to get. I'm always double and triple checking everything pre-flight, NEVER relying on just the monitor but always keeping the bird in my line of sight regardless of it's capable ranges. This is all until things seem more stable. I've never had anything I can't control happen as I'm hot on the controls ready for gps to fall out and fly in atti regularly both because it's smooth + because every pilot should know how to manually control this aircraft in the event you lose GPS (which you will). A lot of the newbie crashes seem to be from not knowing how to react or react quick enough to counteract atti drift.

2015-3-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-4 09:27
everytime i go to look for a custom channel there will be a strong green one then it will bounce b ...

At What distance are you loosing signal ?  are you line of sight tx to bird ? Are you flying around or in the city ?
2015-3-5
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-6 01:56
At What distance are you loosing signal ?  are you line of sight tx to bird ? Are you flying aroun ...

Lose Signal a few times before take off.
Lose Signal at 500 ft out
Lose Signal at 100 ft out
Lose Signal at 1400 ft out.
Haven't pushed it beyond this as I'm so fed up with the signal loss everywhere I fly.

I fly around the city yes but also fly over the ocean where there shouldn't be a ton of interference.

I honestly dont know what to do at this point and DJI hasn't helped other than telling me to record my screen. -- running that 3rd party app causes even more issues.
2015-3-5
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Considering the number of bad controller posts I've seen, it might be time for a swap out.  However, just screen record using a phone and post to youtube, etc.  I'm crossing my fingers for you that you don't have to return anything

Also, possibly ridiculous but are you using a certified Apple cable on your iPad Air?  
2015-3-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-6 06:46
Lose Signal a few times before take off.
Lose Signal at 500 ft out
Lose Signal at 100 ft out

You need to get out away from the city , nice large farming area ?  Large open soccer fields area ?  Then try again , but 100 feet or less sounds strange and shouldn't be happening . Maybe speaking with a decent dealer in your area that can do some one on one with your bird and check your set up , third party app ?? Should be using the latest one from the App Store maybe.??
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

will@willbarnwe Posted at 2015-3-6 09:32
Considering the number of bad controller posts I've seen, it might be time for a swap out.  However, ...

You have a point here Will, i had an issue with that. The app could not connect to the TX
New cable (original) and life was beautiful again.
2015-3-8
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Apple intentionally tries to control us through their accessory business!!! lol
2015-3-8
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-9 11:38
You need to get out away from the city , nice large farming area ?  Large open soccer fields area  ...

3rd party screen recording application, not pilot app. I have flown outside city areas like the beach. Still happens.
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-9 12:52
3rd party screen recording application, not pilot app. I have flown outside city areas like the be ...

As yr bird can fly without app, i would test if the bird is responsive during these issues.
If so, that indicates that the bird and tx still are functional, but the app is misleading you.
Just my 2cents here, but if so that could indicate bad communiction between tx and device (app)
Hint: Firmware upgrading going wrong ? Maybe same issue.
Bad communications ? (USB is like RS232 communication, baudrates etc...)

I can not test it out as i don't have any issues here.
2015-3-8
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-9 13:02
As yr bird can fly without app, i would test if the bird is responsive during these issues.
If so, ...

when screen goes blank on me (no signal) I still have full control of the bird. I'm going to try a different device tomorrow (iphone 6) I don't know what to do, It seems to only last the first 5 minutes or less of flight. Then goes away however I still dont maintain a strong HD signal as far as i should.
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-9 13:47
when screen goes blank on me (no signal) I still have full control of the bird. I'm going to try a ...

Seems like components on the bird or the tx need to warm up.
If that would be the main issue then you could test this:

Start up tx but wait 15minutes (warmup tx) before startup the bird.
If issue still there then try same with first warmup the bird.
3th combination would be warming up both before flight.

Makes me curious now. Hope you do not loose time on this issue following my thoughts.

2015-3-8
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

scooterlam- this may sound odd. Have you ever landed pretty hard? We won't call ti a crash or anything but I mean a good solid drop that was enough to maybe put heavy G-Force on the camera, gimbal, etc. Heck the case could have fallen in China to cause this.

Just above where the camera connects there are I believe two sets of ribbon cables. If you can fit your finger in there try to push down on the connector to make sure it is fully seated. A very similar thing happened to my buddy and this is what fixed it. If not, try Fry's and see about the new ribbon cable. I'm in Dallas in the United States and happened to live 15 minutes from Fry's. After I hear back from you, if needed I can just take one of our two inspires down to Fry's show them the cable in question as you will need to email me pics of yours. Maybe I can find it if the other idea of you just reseating them into place doesn't work.
2015-3-8
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-9 12:52
3rd party screen recording application, not pilot app. I have flown outside city areas like the be ...

So your using an FPV screen with a built in dvr etc .. Your feed is from the Rc controllers HDMI out , no ipad or iPhone , and just using the info off the piloting screen to fly, right ?  
2015-3-9
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-10 12:39
So your using an FPV screen with a built in dvr etc .. Your feed is from the Rc controllers HDMI o ...

Negative - using an iPad air version 1 or my iPhone 6. DJI wants to visually "see" the issue going on as if they were staring over my shoulder. There is an app a few users have suggested that records whatever the screen is showing on the iPad or iOS device while its recording. This app running along with the pilot app makes my issue worse.

I guess I need a friend to video via phone my screen to show the loss of connection issues
2015-3-10
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

SkySight Posted at 2015-3-9 14:52
scooterlam- this may sound odd. Have you ever landed pretty hard? We won't call ti a crash or anythi ...

I'll feel around tomorrow and report back, thanks!
2015-3-10
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-9 14:07
Seems like components on the bird or the tx need to warm up.
If that would be the main issue then  ...

Thanks mate. I plan on flying tomorrow. I'll give it a try.
2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules