2203 11 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody can help me with the following issue:
When flying pre-planned waypoint missions in Litchi I realized that the gimbal heading is not always accurate for some reason. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if this is some compass inaccuracy. I always use the road map and not the aerial map when setting up the points of interest, but still, the gimbal heading isn't perfectly on the spot. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
2017-4-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Go to flyLitchi.com and watch the videos. They explain in detain how to program for specific POI, gimbal degrees, etc.
2017-4-21
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

And don't forget that you can not control gimbal pitch with Litchi when there is no connection with the RC. You can have exact gimbal pitch even without RC-connection with GS Pro from DJI but that app has no POI-features...
2017-4-23
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-4-23 07:54
And don't forget that you can not control gimbal pitch with Litchi when there is no connection with the RC. You can have exact gimbal pitch even without RC-connection with GS Pro from DJI but that app has no POI-features...

Yeah, in my opinion, GS Pro is far behind Litchi.
2017-4-23
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-23 08:16
Yeah, in my opinion, GS Pro is far behind Litchi.

Well, I don't agree. Since GS Pro is available I never use Litchi anymore; just because, at least with GS Pro, you can direct your camera in the right direction even when the RC-connection is lost.
2017-4-24
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-4-24 10:57
Well, I don't agree. Since GS Pro is available I never use Litchi anymore; just because, at least with GS Pro, you can direct your camera in the right direction even when the RC-connection is lost.

Does GS Pro still offer only straight line routes between waypoints? If so, then it's definitely inferior to Litchi in terms of video production.
I am not sure how you can control anything if you don't have the link between the RC and the aircraft. Are you talking about the loss of just video link or the control link?
It's still not available for Android, which is a real shame for DJI, so I am unable to use it anyway.
2017-4-29
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-29 09:42
Does GS Pro still offer only straight line routes between waypoints? If so, then it's definitely inferior to Litchi in terms of video production.
I am not sure how you can control anything if you don't have the link between the RC and the aircraft. Are you talking about the loss of just video link or the control link?
It's still not available for Android, which is a real shame for DJI, so I am unable to use it anyway.

1) Yes, GS Pro can be set to make curved turns and you can set the radius of each curve separately.
2) Yes, with Litchi and  GS PRO you can very well  make the phantom fly wherever you want without connection with the RC. The whole flight with all the waypoints is uploaded to the Phantom and the AC will execute the route completely autonomously. You can even switch your RC off if you want. So it is indeed NO connection at all, no Download and NO UPloadlink.
Just an hour or so ago my P4P made a 22 minute flight. After a few minutes connection was lost and I just switched the RC off and went for a cup of coffee. After some 16 minutes I switched the RC back on again and after a minute or so the connection was re-established with the AC and it landed nicely on the spot where it took off, after a total distance of 8,5 km, some 4 kms forth and back.
So you do NOT need connection with the RC , not with Litchi and not with GS PRO: all the data are already onboard the AC before it leaves the ground.
Just make sure that your last waypoint is close enough to your point of take-off and don't make waypointflights that will take longer than 22 minutes or so to make sure the AC reaches it's departure point safely.
3) GS PRO is FREE and has one big advantage: the pitch of the gimbal at each waypoint is correctly set at the right moment, just as you programmed it preflight even WITHOUT connection to the RC.
Litchi is NOT FREE and the pitch of the gimbal is not set anymore after the connection with the RC is lost.  It stays then at the angle it was on at the moment the connection was lost (but the AC , of course, continues it's preprogrammed route without problems).
2017-4-29
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-4-29 11:37
1) Yes, GS Pro can be set to make curved turns and you can set the radius of each curve separately.
2) Yes, with Litchi and  GS PRO you can very well  make the phantom fly wherever you want without connection with the RC. The whole flight with all the waypoints is uploaded to the Phantom and the AC will execute the route completely autonomously. You can even switch your RC off if you want. So it is indeed NO connection at all, no Download and NO UPloadlink.
Just an hour or so ago my P4P made a 22 minute flight. After a few minutes connection was lost and I just switched the RC off and went for a cup of coffee. After some 16 minutes I switched the RC back on again and after a minute or so the connection was re-established with the AC and it landed nicely on the spot where it took off, after a total distance of 8,5 km, some 4 kms forth and back.

Yeah, the only problem is that GS is not available for Android, which is a bummer for me.
Also, as far as I know there is no way to pre-plan the missions online like in Litchi Hub.
2017-5-3
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-5-3 06:41
Yeah, the only problem is that GS is not available for Android, which is a bummer for me.
Also, as far as I know there is no way to pre-plan the missions online like in Litchi Hub.

True, there is no 'Mission Hub' online for GS Pro but the setting of the waypoints on an iPad Air 2 for example is going smoothly.
2017-5-4
Use props
fans63bbc718
New
Flight distance : 163855 ft
Hong Kong

Have been playing Litchi almost 4 months now trying everything with waypoint mission.

Just today I found out that the gimbal pitch tilt up/down won't work if AC lost connection with RC. Is this a glitch?
2017-6-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

fans63bbc718 Posted at 2017-6-10 04:34
Have been playing Litchi almost 4 months now trying everything with waypoint mission.

Just today I found out that the gimbal pitch tilt up/down won't work if AC lost connection with RC. Is this a glitch?

Please read post #7 above...
2017-6-10
Use props
fans63bbc718
New
Flight distance : 163855 ft
Hong Kong

PhanFran Posted at 2017-6-10 05:48
Please read post #7 above...

I see, but mine instead of staying in position its bounce up and down (out of range). Seems that Gimbal pitch in waypoint must have RC stay in range. Too bad GS Pro is not available in IPhone. Thanks
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules