2719 9 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hello,

I recently had an accident with my Inspire 1, and am wondering if there is anyone from Canada who sent in their aircraft to LA for repair work. What type of shipping id you use, and did you have to pay duties? Is there a place in Canada that can do Inspire repairs?
2015-3-3
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Try  flyingcameras.com They are a DJI sales and Repair Depot in Chiliwack BC

You can also try MultirotorHeli.ca in Calgary. Phone:  403 796 4842 He is a DJI Sales outlet and is trying to get set up as a DJI Repair Depot. He is an Electrical Engineer and this is also where I bought my Inspire 1 from.  

Either one of these companies should be able to help or point you in the right direction.
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

I would recommend you contact LA for repair work.
2015-3-3
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear of your accident... But what are the details if you don't mind sharing? I'm only curious if it was the fault of the Inspire?....
2015-3-4
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Pretty sure it was pilot error. Does DJI pay for the shipping back? It's going to be about $250.00 for me to ship to LA from Canada through FedEx. Wondering if I could take it across the border and then ship it? Anyone in Canada ever done this?
2015-3-4
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

There are no authorized service centers in Canada. I've spoken to flying camera's about this and they are trying to become authorized. Right now, you have to ship across the border and hope for the best. I shipped mine and it took 10 days to get to LA. If you're close to the border you can drive it across, but keep in mind you'll have to let US customs know and fill in the appropriate customs paperwork.

Good Luck
2015-3-4
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

How much was it for you to ship budnikasr? Did you have to pay duties on the way back?
2015-3-4
Use props
AerialTech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218107 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Goodwill Posted at 2015-3-5 13:40
How much was it for you to ship budnikasr? Did you have to pay duties on the way back?

We ship through our commercial FedEx account and it has been about $130 for any units that needed to go back for repairs. Without a commercial account you would be looking at about $180-220 to ship back to LA from most of Canada. AerialTech.com
2015-3-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-5 12:58
There are no authorized service centers in Canada. I've spoken to flying camera's about this and the ...

I Shipped my Brand new Never flown Phantom to LA for repair from Edmonton Alberta and in two weeks I had it back.
my personal experience with DJI for support has been the absolute shits but I will give them credit for a speedy turn around and they actually fixed the problem.
If you send it snail mail then expect a wait time.
Something like the Inspire I would send fast track and get a signature upon arrival in LA
2015-3-22
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

Hi had a small incident with mine also,but as far as I can see it only needs a motor maybe speed sensor  all structural is good,any how sent mine from UPS in Grande Prairie (Canada) last week $209.00 with $3000 insurance  ONe way.Havent heard if they received it yet going to track it today probably got tied up in Customs.All I can say is they should have a service centre in Canada ,but I'm sure that will come in time.As for my experience with the Support staff it was FANTASTIC  I talked to Charles for a bit and then he emailed me all shipping info and repair order #.Keep up the GOOD work DJI.let you know how the rest of the journey goes.
2015-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules