Point Of Interest lagging with phantom 3 standard
1142 9 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hy there!

I had my second flight with my drone. But when I checked my very first POI video, I got this:

I dont know why, but the video is not as smooth as it should be. Can you guys help me out and tell me what I did wrong?
Everything is at auto set up, I did not change any settings... At the other modes, like home lock, or manual mode is fine. Maybe the copter was too close to the transmittre, or it was too low?

I would be thankful if you could help me out please.

Have a good day !
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

When you turn into the sun, the video seems to get a bit overexposed. This is probably causing the issue. ND filter recommended.
2017-4-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Is it from the local cache or from the SD-card?  Try to fly in different heights and look for differences in recorded videos. ... and you may try various speeds for POI.
2017-4-22
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-22 06:20
Is it from the local cache or from the SD-card?  Try to fly in different heights and look for differences in recorded videos. ... and you may try various speeds for POI.

I was recording it to the sd card. After I copied it into my pc and after uploaded to YouTube. But ti be honest with you, the uploaded version is ok, but its quality is worse than the original. So it is strange. Now it is smooth enough but it lost quality. What can you advice for me? What is the best option to upload the videos without loose quality?

Many thanks!!!
2017-4-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If you record the video in 1080p HD then you can upload it directly to youtube. Youtube supports videos up to 1080p. You set the format mp4 and resolution to 1080p HD.,if this quality good enough for you.
Look it on a PC first and judge the result as ok or not ok before you upload this video to youtube. I hope that helps to solve that issue.
2017-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you want to improve the POI effect, try slowing down the rotation. You also have prop shaddows as you face towards the sun, perhaps try a higher elevation and point the camera down more.
2017-4-22
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-22 12:34
If you record the video in 1080p HD then you can upload it directly to youtube. Youtube supports videos up to 1080p. You set the format mp4 and resolution to 1080p HD.,if this quality good enough for you.
Look it on a PC first and judge the result as ok or not ok before you upload this video to youtube. I hope that helps to solve that issue.

Thank You for the advice
2017-5-8
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-22 15:09
If you want to improve the POI effect, try slowing down the rotation. You also have prop shaddows as you face towards the sun, perhaps try a higher elevation and point the camera down more.

ooh I see. Thanks I will try it
2017-5-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same, the P3s is slightly laggy from around 400ft +, something that does not happen with the Mavic I noticed.
2017-5-8
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-8 11:37
I have the same, the P3s is slightly laggy from around 400ft +, something that does not happen with the Mavic I noticed.

Cheers Bradders, but it was about 20 feet high, so there is no an issue.
Thanky for your reply anyway !
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules