Just Lost My Mavic in the Gulf of Mexico! Help DJI!!
9740 131 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-5-28 22:33
Tracking it was not a problem.  Retrieving it from the bottom of the ocean was.

Ohhh shucks should have read your post thoroughly before throwing in my "next time put a gps tracker " comment sorry bout that my bad
2017-6-1
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Julia Baker Posted at 2017-6-1 21:36
Ohhh shucks should have read your post thoroughly before throwing in my "next time put a gps tracker " comment sorry bout that my bad

Not a problem... alls well that ends well!
2017-6-2
Use props
Coach D
New
Flight distance : 41739 ft
United States

I'm new at this. I've had my Mavic Pro for about a week...taking short trips. I want to fly longer trips when I get the nerve. Hate to lose my Baby. Question? Shouldn't it have kicked into RTH mode once there was an issue? Thanks.
2017-6-2
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-25 07:45
Correct me if I'm wrong but according to DJI's maps you were in an Authorization Zone as well as multiple Enhanced Warning Zones and a very small Restricted zone a little further west from you. The authorization zone is in yellow and somewhat hard to see but it looks like you needed authorization (you can do this on your on) to fly in this area.

[view_image]

LOL...How many people actually enjoy living in or near 'that' town in the upper left corner of this map!!!!??!!!  LOL.  Off-topic I know, couldn't resist...
2017-6-2
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-5-7 18:04
Again, you rant,, you rave,, you talk about nothing relevant to the issue of why did my Mavic Pro land in the ocean?  You talk about "water landings" as if that were my intention to do?  There is only one thing that is important in my case.  

1.  Did my Mavic Pro land in the ocean due to Pilot error or due to a defect in hardware or software that is covered by warranty?

I can't see this being pilot error in any way.  I've lost connected a few times and I notice a pattern...Mavic typically loses connection when the craft immediately when rotated to return back to the operator; is it a coincidence or have something to do with the direction of it's antenna (pointing away)?  Your issue happened exactly in this same fashion...hope DJI addresses this.  Regardless what some are saying, the evidence is this is not your fault.
2017-6-2
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coach D Posted at 2017-6-2 09:21
I'm new at this. I've had my Mavic Pro for about a week...taking short trips. I want to fly longer trips when I get the nerve. Hate to lose my Baby. Question? Shouldn't it have kicked into RTH mode once there was an issue? Thanks.

Coach D, your right it should have, but, because of a recent firmware upgrade the "NFZ" warning would begin with ever DJI GO 4 app restart.  On this occasion when the DJI GO 4 app crashed, the restart of the app told the Mavic it was in a "NFZ" zone and to immediately "auto-land" before the systems fully rebooted and it figured out it was safe to fly.  Since that firmware, I've received my new Mavic PRO and can confirm that everytime the DJI GO 4 app crashes on my Android,, and it does every flight,,, the restart of the app immediately hooks up to the Mavic PRO at distances of over a mile today with Zero issue.  It does begin each DJI GO 4 app with new battery to ground the Mavic for "NFZ" error before all systems boot up and clear it to fly.  The important thing is that DJI has apparently de-bugged this either in app or through firmware .700 upgrade.  My new Mavic was manufactured on May 11, so, I should have the benefit of several months in hardware improvement and hopefully software will improve in the DJI GO 4 app for Android.  I think you will be ok to fly long range but the real peace of mind would probably be best assured if you use a iPhone or iPad.  There seem to be no software issues with DJI GO 4 on the Apple iOS.
2017-6-4
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-6-2 10:22
I can't see this being pilot error in any way.  I've lost connected a few times and I notice a pattern...Mavic typically loses connection when the craft immediately when rotated to return back to the operator; is it a coincidence or have something to do with the direction of it's antenna (pointing away)?  Your issue happened exactly in this same fashion...hope DJI addresses this.  Regardless what some are saying, the evidence is this is not your fault.

Randy, I believe DJI confirmed by replacing my Mavic with a brand new and very current model it recognized it was not a case of Pilot Error.  I've been through 2 firmware induced loses with a Phantom 2 Vision+ and now my first Mavic and both times DJI fully warranted the products.  The firmware "black box" is so good, its hard to argue with the data it provides on each flight.  Thanks for your inquiry!
2017-6-4
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

TakeFlite Posted at 2017-4-22 15:13
Seems to be a trend of mavic's randomly losing connection...
The app simply crashed nothing much you can do to stop that.

Too MANY threads on Here Now with the Very Same issue.

#1. Latest App Latest Firmware
#2. Apps Crashes just before Drone Loss of signal
#3. Drone out of control crashes or fails RTH.

Its the Same scenario over and over. I am grounding myself period.

IMO I speculate that it is deliberate that the App crashes when theres a signal loss or RTH failure its like DJI wants no Flight Logs or Incomplete flights logs so even when its DJI's failure they dispute it due to faulty logs or they Blame the personals Phone.
2017-6-4
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-28 16:21
Assuming you get your drone replaced, that sport switch on the side blocks all things the aircraft is trying to do.  When all else fails, flick it next time.

If My Go APP crashes, I hit the RTH on the controller immediately  and I do not restart the GO APP program until the remote air craft has landed safely by me.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-6-1 08:24
DJI Mindy, how do I transfer my new Mavic Pro serial number to my DJI Care Refresh policy?  I can't seem to find a link to do this in the DJI Care Refresh information on the website?  Thanking you in advance for your help.

Please email to djicare@dji.com with old and new serial number of the drone, they will assist you.
2017-6-5
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-5 01:09
Please email to  with old and new serial number of the drone, they will assist you.

Thank You DJI Mindy.  DJI is assisting me now in the transfer of the policy to my new Mavic.
2017-6-5
Use props
Coach D
New
Flight distance : 41739 ft
United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-6-4 17:30
Coach D, your right it should have, but, because of a recent firmware upgrade the "NFZ" warning would begin with ever DJI GO 4 app restart.  On this occasion when the DJI GO 4 app crashed, the restart of the app told the Mavic it was in a "NFZ" zone and to immediately "auto-land" before the systems fully rebooted and it figured out it was safe to fly.  Since that firmware, I've received my new Mavic PRO and can confirm that everytime the DJI GO 4 app crashes on my Android,, and it does every flight,,, the restart of the app immediately hooks up to the Mavic PRO at distances of over a mile today with Zero issue.  It does begin each DJI GO 4 app with new battery to ground the Mavic for "NFZ" error before all systems boot up and clear it to fly.  The important thing is that DJI has apparently de-bugged this either in app or through firmware .700 upgrade.  My new Mavic was manufactured on May 11, so, I should have the benefit of several months in hardware improvement and hopefully software will improve in the DJI GO 4 app for Android.  I think you will be ok to fly long range but the real peace of mind would probably be best assured if you use a iPhone or iPad.  There seem to be no software issues with DJI GO 4 on the Apple iOS.

Thanks. Good flying!
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules