Videos not saving correctly! Help.
636 2 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sawkadogg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46585 ft
United States

I recently updated to the newest firmware (.600) and for some reason, my Mavic is not properly recording video on the SD card. Normally I would take the card out of the MC, place it into my PC, and transfer both the pictures and video. However (and not sure why) I can see/access all pictures but when clicking the videos, I get a message that states "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Now, yes, I know how to play videos and such. It isn't even accessable on my phone or tablet. Essentially, nothing has changed. Same phone, same bird, same computer. I did NOT change any of the settings. I did NOT update/change PC settings. My phone (Note 4) is the same. I even downgraded to .550 and it is still doing the same thing. I can watch the videos (original and cache) on my device while connected to the powered-on Mavic. It even records the video to the phone (not the phone SD card). How can I get this fixed? I want both PHOTO and VIDEO to be captured on the SD card of the Mavic. What am I missing? Why are photos going to the SD card of the Mavic but videos are being sent to my (phones) memory?

-Helpless in Louisville
2017-4-22
Use props
sawkadogg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46585 ft
United States

Oh, and yes, before the update it was saving to both to SD card of the bird. Basically, is there a way/function that I can change to do so???
2017-4-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

When you do any update. Setting will change. So double check all your settings and use MP4 for video. Then try a different SD card to eliminate the obvious.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules