Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dutch police is checking posted drone vids on the Internet
2184 25 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Google Translate:
People who have flown with their drone in places that are not intended may have found a warning in their emailbox. On Wednesday April 19th, the North Holland police, in collaboration with the Royal Marechaussee and the Public Prosecutor of Noord-Holland, conducted a large-scale online search for violations committed by dronepiloten. A fortnight of agents participated in the so-called drone-a-thon.
New way of maintaining
According to a police spokesman, the initiative is intended to detect offenses long after the actual drunken flight has taken place. "It's hardly possible to catch someone with classic detection methods. A drone flyer is only short in the sky. Detecting a web browser is a new way to maintain, "said a spokesman.
The 'drone-a-thon'-action was designed to warn drones who do not comply with the rules when it comes to light violations. In addition, individuals were informed where they could find the right information about what is possible with a drone. Think about the ban on flying over human populations, contiguous buildings, railways and highways, and stay away from airports.
Hundreds of videos and online forums
During the action, hundreds of videos were watched and staff in forums and online communities detected violations with drones. Many of the error fliers could be traced and got a warning. A number of violations were so serious - including a night flight in the vicinity of Schiphol - that the Public Prosecutor will check whether criminal prosecution is possible. Droning pilots who have been warned during the action will immediately receive a custody of the first violation found.
In total, 45 warnings were sent during the action and 5 minutes were drafted. Not only private error pilots were typed: there were also examples of companies entering the fog, for example, by making new-generation movies for realtors, flying without exemption and above-mentioned buildings.

Personen die wel eens met hun drone hebben gevlogen op plekken waar dat niet de bedoeling is hebben mogelijk een waarschuwing in hun emailbox gevonden. Op woensdag 19 april heeft de politie Noord-Holland in samenwerking met de Koninklijke Marechaussee en het Openbaar Ministerie Noord-Holland namelijk een grootschalige online zoekactie uitgevoerd naar overtredingen begaan door dronepiloten. Een veertigtal agenten deed mee aan de zogenaamde drone-a-thon.
Nieuwe manier van handhaven
Volgens een woordvoerder van de politie is het initiatief bedoeld om overtredingen op te sporen lang nadat de daadwerkelijke dronevlucht heeft plaatsgevonden. “Op heterdaad iemand betrappen is immers bijna niet mogelijk, met klassieke opsporingsmethoden. Een dronevlieger is immers maar kort in de lucht. Via internet foutvliegers opsporen is een nieuwe manier om te handhaven”, aldus een woordvoerder.
De ‘drone-a-thon’-actie had als doel dronevliegers die zich niet aan de regels houden te waarschuwen als het gaat om lichte overtredingen. Daarnaast werden particulieren gewezen waar zij de juiste informatie kunnen vinden over wat er wel en niet met een drone mag. Denk daarbij aan het verbod op het vliegen boven mensenmenigten, aaneengesloten bebouwing, spoorlijnen en autowegen, en het uit de buurt blijven van luchthavens.
Honderden video’s en online fora
Tijdens de actie werden honderden video’s bekeken en speurden medewerkers op fora en in online communities naar overtredingen met drones. Veel van de foutvliegers konden getraceerd worden en hebben een waarschuwing gekregen. Een aantal overtredingen waren dusdanig ernstig – waaronder een nachtvlucht uitgevoerd in de nabijheid van Schiphol – dat het Openbaar Ministerie gaat bekijken of er strafvervolging mogelijk is. Dronevliegers die tijdens de actie een waarschuwing hebben gekregen zullen bij de eerst volgende geconstateerde overtreding direct een bekeuring krijgen.
In totaal zijn er tijdens de actie 45 waarschuwingen verzonden en 5 processen-verbaal opgemaakt. Niet alleen particuliere foutvliegers werden op hun vingers getikt: er waren ook voorbeelden van bedrijven die de mist ingaan, bijvoorbeeld door filmpjes van nieuwbouwwijken te maken voor makelaars, waarbij men zonder ontheffing en boven bebouwing vliegt.

2017-4-22
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Never start recording until the drone is away from takeoff location and always stop recording before landing . If your drone falls on a kids head and kills them it's one less thing they can get off the SD card to track you . When posting stupid videos it may be wise to put in the title something like "Look at this video I found somewhere online" instead of "Look at what I just filmed !".

I don't mean to give good advice to break the law but if you're gonna be an idiot at least be a smarter idiot .
2017-4-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Now people is getting busy in your country with deleting drone videos.  

Regards Leif.
2017-4-23
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

don't you love google translate.

there were also examples of companies entering the fog, for example, by making new-generation movies for realtors, flying without exemption and above-mentioned buildings.

Entering the fog...
LOL

Should be something like so: There were also companies who made misstakes like making movies of new housing estates for realtors without the propper exemption.

2017-4-23
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

So, let me get this straight.
The justice department in Noord Holland thought it was a good thing to look at drone videos and when they saw something that was not within the law they would email those persons.
All i ever hear in the media here is how police are understaffed and the crime solving ratio is soo low they should shame the eyes out of your head (Dutch expression)
Guess this is just a way to bring those ratios up.

Go fight real crime,.....blubberboys.  
2017-4-23
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Well, these are not the policemen and woman we see in the streets. I think these are a kind of digital detectives. Probably the department RTIC: Real Time Intelligence Center.
2017-4-23
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-23 06:20
Never start recording until the drone is away from takeoff location and always stop recording before landing . If your drone falls on a kids head and kills them it's one less thing they can get off the SD card to track you . When posting stupid videos it may be wise to put in the title something like "Look at this video I found somewhere online" instead of "Look at what I just filmed !".

I don't mean to give good advice to break the law but if you're gonna be an idiot at least be a smarter idiot .

Of course, in the US, you'd also get tracked by the FFA certification number that you are required to place on your drone.
2017-4-23
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
United States

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-4-23 13:35
Of course, in the US, you'd also get tracked by the FFA certification number that you are required to place on your drone.

I seriously doubt all these people breaking the rules even have that number on their drone or for that matter ever registered  . Tracking it through Dji would be the easiest way but then soon there will be used Mavics sold and untraceable perhaps .
2017-4-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Whew, I was worried about getting away with killing kids with drones.  Any other good advice?
2017-4-23
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

The Koninklijke Marechaussee needn't look too hard to find this guy.
A 21-year-old Ukrainian man was fined 500 euros (March 2017) for flying a drone in Schiphol's departure hall.  Unlike UAV's, stupidy has no boundaries!https://nltimes.nl/2017/03/21/uk ... drone-near-schiphol

2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The FAA have been doing this for quite a while now. I’ve seen many videos of people receiving orders to pay fines in the post for flying in national parks and putting the footage up on YT. One guy received his fine on Christmas Eve! I tend not to break drone codes at the best of times but have never posted any drone videos to social media - there is still so much grey in the laws where drones are concerned to the extent people don’t know what’s a rule and what’s law! I only post stills and never with my face in the image!
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also, it’s probably more cost effective for the government to hire an official to sit behind a screen and dish out fines than put a uniform on and patrol the streets. I guess this is becoming the drone equivalent of the speed camera! Easy money for the authorities!
2018-1-22
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-22 07:09
The FAA have been doing this for quite a while now. I’ve seen many videos of people receiving orders to pay fines in the post for flying in national parks and putting the footage up on YT. One guy received his fine on Christmas Eve! I tend not to break drone codes at the best of times but have never posted any drone videos to social media - there is still so much grey in the laws where drones are concerned to the extent people don’t know what’s a rule and what’s law! I only post stills and never with my face in the image!

Yeah I heard/read about this guy and I have my doubts.  He states that a Park Ranger tracked him down via YouTube and called him on the phone.  That must be a "high tech"  Park Ranger in order to contact YouTube, get the poster's IP address, call the poster's ISP to track the dynamic IP address, then somehow find a phone number associated with the poster.  There are probably 10 other steps involved too.
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does sound a bit suss but he also showed the fine in hand. May be an out of work actor employed by the FAA LOL
2018-1-22
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-22 07:32
It does sound a bit suss but he also showed the fine in hand. May be an out of work actor employed by the FAA LOL

Was never doubting the fine, just the circumstances surrounding it.  The again, maybe the YouTube post of the initial video has his phone#...LOL
2018-1-22
Use props
rshah921
lvl.4
United States

Never start recording until the drone is away from takeoff location and always stop recording before landing . If your drone falls on a kids head and kills them it's one less thing they can get off the SD card to track you . When posting stupid videos it may be wise to put in the title something like "Look at this video I found somewhere online" instead of "Look at what I just filmed !".

" one less thing they can get off the SD card to track you "

how does stopping recording before landing prevent that? If it falls on someone, it's still in the sky so it's recording right?
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-22 07:36
Was never doubting the fine, just the circumstances surrounding it.  The again, maybe the YouTube post of the initial video has his phone#...LOL

The whole 'big brother' thing is quite concerning - it is amazing how easily they can track  you though I doubt flying a drone over a field at 450' will alert the FBI but deliberately crashing a drone into the white house or a manned aircraft will alert every agency and they will find you. A guy flew his drone over Buckingham Palace in London a couple of years ago from two miles away and they got him in minutes and threw the book at him.
2018-1-22
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
United States

rshah921 Posted at 2018-1-22 07:40
" one less thing they can get off the SD card to track you "

how does stopping recording before landing prevent that? If it falls on someone, it's still in the sky so it's recording right?

The takeoff point and landing site or possibly a shot of yourself will not be on the SD card .
2018-2-24
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. You must have NO crime at all if the cops have time to scour YouTube looking for crimes.  
2018-2-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whoever dug this thread up. thank you. I've been belly laughing for 10 minutes straight!
"Whew, I was worried about getting away with killing kids with drones.  Any other good advice?" Best post in this forum, ever!

Jeff
2018-2-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-24 14:30
Whoever dug this thread up. thank you. I've been belly laughing for 10 minutes straight!
"Whew, I was worried about getting away with killing kids with drones.  Any other good advice?" Best post in this forum, ever!

Just my thoughts....
That was a lot of fun
2018-2-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-2-24 14:17
Wow. You must have NO crime at all if the cops have time to scour YouTube looking for crimes.

At the time of the original posting there was a lot of publicity in NL about drones, so I think they made it priority.
2018-2-24
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-24 14:30

You're welcome
2018-2-24
Use props
astrofly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Many thanks for information ! Rules are different in the countries or don't exist  and  I think that 98% don't know all these laws. Very important is an intelligent use and evaluation of minimum risk. A big problem are stupids and idiots that fly in "official" places or with more people. I think that an intelligent tolerance of authority is important about different type of fly but often search only money with contravenctions. Police go fight real crime please.
2018-2-25
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

They are scouering youtube indeed, people flying in places they shouldn't get friendly comments from the police.

police.jpg

On the above images, we note that a drone has flown in violation of the rules. This is an example of how things should not be done: there is flown in the dark, on contiguous buildings and in CTR Rotterdam. See how it should be done: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/drone.

2018-2-25
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Posting yourself breaking the law ist kinda Like screaming for being prosecuted. So... those getting fined got no one to blame but themselves.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules