Phantom 4 crash, hardware/software failure?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

1#
Hi to all that reads this. I recently received a phantom 4 as a present (45th birthday) . I'm new to the drone world but not a total newbie as I've flown numerous remote control aircraft mainly planes and a very challenging petrol helicopter! I had completed approximately 20 flights with my phantom when on its last flight it did some quite erratic manoeuvres so I was bringing it back home when it lost its signal so it went into auto RTH. Whilst descending at 104m the command timed out and the drone dropped out of the sky, it was right over my house, I heard a whooshing sound and looked up to see it falling, I pushed the up stick which made it flip and land upside down crashing through my roof (drone shaped hole, 3 large tiles smashed) it bounced off and landed in the garden, damage to the drone was 4 props, 1 cracked and twisted rotor arm, bent motor shaft, damaged battery and numerous cracks around the shell and gimbal. A complete disaster and scary experience, fortunately it was my roof (now repaired) and it didn't hit anyone. I had problems with theDJI site trying to open a repair/report case as the website froze verifying email address numerous times, so in the end I used the phone contact and spent 15min getting a case number. Then a link was sent to me I'm assuming to fill in but it wouldn't open on my iPad. So rather than going through a warranty claim I thought I'd chance my arm with Argos in the UK where it was purchased from. Explained what had happened and got it exchanged for a new phantom 4. So my issue is resolved, but wanted to post this to see if anyone else had experienced a DROP FROM THE SKY and also for DJI to close my case, the number is CAS586803Z9Y9H7. The flight data shows the flight ending at 104m, I will post the data when I work out how and when I've got the time. Also I have a question can I register my new drone to the same account? For now it's staying in the box until I've got the money for DJI refresh, if DJI would like to donate it to me as a gesture of goodwill as I've covered the cost of my roof I would be very grateful. Thanks to all in advance for reading my post/or replies. Fly safe.
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the crash, since you got a replacement from the dealer, hope you enjoy the new one and have a great time on flying it.
The dealer sent the drone back to DJI or not? if yes, our engineers will help you analyze the data saved into the drone after it arrives.
For your last question, yes, you can register the drone to the same account you already have.
2017-4-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

To see your flight data, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
2017-4-23
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-23 19:49
Sorry for the crash, since you got a replacement from the dealer, hope you enjoy the new one and have a great time on flying it.
The dealer sent the drone back to DJI or not? if yes, our engineers will help you analyze the data saved into the drone after it arrives.
For your last question, yes, you can register the drone to the same account you already have.

Hi, thanks for your response, as far as I know the retailer (Argos) will be returning the drone back to DJI , for your engineers the date of the crash was17/04/17. Thanks, hope to hear something soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mr Pete Posted at 2017-4-24 06:40
Hi, thanks for your response, as far as I know the retailer (Argos) will be returning the drone back to DJI , for your engineers the date of the crash was17/04/17. Thanks, hope to hear something soon.

Thanks for the information, we'll take care of it after it arrives.
2017-4-25
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/aurora_forecasts.asp
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules