Gimbal overheated and uncontrollable Drone
4051 7 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAStrobos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,

I've been a fan of the forums and all the information they offer for a while, felt blessed not to be one of those to post a topic like this.
Unfortunately after today, I'm part of those in need of help and am seeking for clarity.

Since the last update, my Gimbal didn't level with the horizon which is why I tried to calibrate it. Unfortunately, it was stuck at 31% (I've read about more people with this problem). Came home after flying, tried callibrating there again which went fine.

So while flying today, my Mavic Pro indicated that the Gimbal was overheated and the cap might still be on. Even though I knew it wasn't, I flew back to check and make sure the Gimbal could move freely. (It could).

The error seemed to appear and dissapear again. With the Horizon still not being completely levlled, I flew my Mavic back and calibrated the gimbal again. Again, stuck at 31%. After changing the batteries, I put the mavic down on the ground (figured it was more levelled than the table it was on before). Callibrated succesfully, 100%.

Now this is where the fun began. The image still seemed off, not levelled for sure. The camera however was shaking now as well and didn't seem to be smooth at all (see attached movies). After I while I started to get uncomfortable with the whole idea of my mavic crashing at any minute.. so I decided to fly back and take it home with me. Lucky for me, as this is where the Mavic went all crazy on me and started making turns while I wasn't even touching the controller.

I've read several related topics about this, all kinda with the conclusion to send the Mavic in for repair. I'm hoping I can either send it in for repair and get it back before the 16th of May or for you guys to have a solution to my problem, as I'm flying to Indonesia for 10 weeks after.. which is mainly why I got the mavic in the first place.

Hoping you guys can help me out here! Thanks in advance

2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did this issue happened just after the firmware update?
Have you tried to downgrade the firmware?
2017-4-24
Use props
CAStrobos
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-24 02:13
Did this issue happened just after the firmware update?
Have you tried to downgrade the firmware?

Thanks for your reply!
It did indeed happen after the update, but I didn't downgrade the firmware yet.

As I was in kind of a hurry (leaving to Indonesia the 16th of May), I contacted support through phone as well who told me it's a hardware issue and requested me to create a case (which I just did).

I also send you a personal message through the forums about this, as I would like to assist in any way I can to speed up this proces so I can have my drone back with me May the 16th when I start my trip :-)
2017-4-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Speeding up won't happen, it is urgent for everyone to get it back...

Now, for me it took 2,5weeks to get it back, coming from Netherlands. So send it it now, you might get lucky. But will be tight. I think for me, they had to wait to get new ones. I received a new one.
2017-4-24
Use props
CAStrobos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Nees Posted at 2017-4-24 06:41
Speeding up won't happen, it is urgent for everyone to get it back...

Now, for me it took 2,5weeks to get it back, coming from Netherlands. So send it it now, you might get lucky. But will be tight. I think for me, they had to wait to get new ones. I received a new one.

Thanks for the Reply, glad to hear you got yourself a new one though!

I actually live 30 minutes from where they apparently repair them.. so driving there would be possible for me, possibly saving up a few days
2017-4-24
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

CAStrobos Posted at 2017-4-24 08:27
Thanks for the Reply, glad to hear you got yourself a new one though!

I actually live 30 minutes from where they apparently repair them.. so driving there would be possible for me, possibly saving up a few days

Had a similar case.
I also live around 40 minutes away from the repair centre in Barendrecht.
Asked if i could drop it off there,.....nope nade not possible.
They have a strict procedure of intake and register of the drone etc etc.
My total return time was around 4 weeks in both cases.
So get that UPS label as quickly as possible.
2017-4-24
Use props
CAStrobos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-24 09:31
Had a similar case.
I also live around 40 minutes away from the repair centre in Barendrecht.
Asked if i could drop it off there,.....nope nade not possible.

Damn.. Thanks for sharing though! Appreciated :-)

It's planned to be picked up tomorrow. I'll put the mavic / remote controller in the box it came in, which I will put it in a box with the UPS label attached. In the box I'll add the Case File as shown on DJI.com.

Any other recommendations / things I'm missing out on?
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CAStrobos Posted at 2017-4-24 04:11
Thanks for your reply!
It did indeed happen after the update, but I didn't downgrade the firmware yet.

Copy that. I have replied to your PM.
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules