21449 298 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GiriK Posted at 2017-5-7 20:31
Thank you so much Natalia! PM sent

I received it and forwarded it to our engineers, will upload it to you, please check whether you get the upgrading notification or not later, thanks.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-5-7 20:34
Natalia,

I have completed initial extensive testing of beta firmware V01.03.0510 dated 19 APR 2017 by flying nine batteries over the past three days in both windy and calm conditions and, in a word, WOW!

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, nice to hear about the performance.
I've past all your words to the engineers, they are pretty happy about it.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-5-7 20:59
Natalia,

Is there a way to easily post the P4Pro videos with recorded audio commentary that appear in the DJI GO 4 app gallery to this forum directly from the DJI GO 4 app?  This would be a great new feature if it doesn't currently exist.

Sorry it cannot achieved.
You can upload the video to YouTube, then post the link here, the we can watch it.
2017-5-7
Use props
jburkett
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, well in fact the adjustment is effective, the different from the previous firmware is that the gimbal will move slowly when adjusting the roll.
2017-5-8
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-7 23:25
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, nice to hear about the performance.
I've past all your words to the engineers, they are pretty happy about it.

Natalia- you guys did it! Thanks again! I am so glad they FINALLY fixed the problem. I hope in all your future crafts (Mavic 2, Phantom 5, etc) that a level horizon is now a very big priority.
Can you ask engineering when they may release this beta as an official release once they are done squashing any minor bugs?

Thanks again!
2017-5-8
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-7 19:34
No problem, waiting to hear from you.

So...

the good news: The horizon issue is FIXED. I mean, almost, it will still slightly miss the horizon after a turn, but it will slowly get there by itself, within half a minute or so, without needing you to adjust the dial for ever. That's acceptable for me and my use.

the bad news: After I installed the firmware, I started having the gimbal vibrations again when I tilt the bird to the left. The vibration starts in an intermediate position (about 10-15 degrees), stops after, and continues at a steep angle (where it becomes horrible).

Now I don't know if this was caused by the firmware or just randomly. What I noticed though is that during the cold IMU calibration I did after the firmware install, the gimbal was acting crazy, making HORRIBLE noises and shaking, as it was struggling to work in conditions it shouldn't. I'm not sure if this somehow caused the vibration I started noticing after, but I really cannot understand the reason DJI cannot just deactivate the gimbal during IMU and compass calibrations.

Now I really don't know what I should do. I want to keep it, I don't think it causes me some footage problems, but the for some reason reduced 6 months gimbal warranty makes me just not trust a piece that has started already behaving erratically only after 2-3 flights and costs more than 500$ to replace.

Any piece of advice?
2017-5-8
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

The C2 and dial manual adjustment seems to be disabled in this beta. Hopefully they correct this bug before it is released.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

betonven Posted at 2017-5-8 19:22
So...

the good news: The horizon issue is FIXED. I mean, almost, it will still slightly miss the horizon after a turn, but it will slowly get there by itself, within half a minute or so, without needing you to adjust the dial for ever. That's acceptable for me and my use.

Could you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox? we'll check it, thanks.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RonHarper Posted at 2017-5-8 09:36
Natalia- you guys did it! Thanks again! I am so glad they FINALLY fixed the problem. I hope in all your future crafts (Mavic 2, Phantom 5, etc) that a level horizon is now a very big priority.
Can you ask engineering when they may release this beta as an official release once they are done squashing any minor bugs?

Our engineers reply the gimbal adjustment issue you reported at 124#.
We do not know the exact date when it will be released, but we will update the info on website and forum as well. Thank you for supporting!
2017-5-9
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

betonven Posted at 2017-5-8 19:22
So...

While doing the IMU calibration, when you first tilt it to the side when it asks - tilt it just a bit further until the gimbal goes to it's normal position (it will level out and stop trying to run past the hard stop). then gently sit it down on the level surface for that part of the calibration. This will keep the gimbal from growling and act crazy.. it worked with mine - should work with yours..
2017-5-9
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 04:05
Our engineers reply the gimbal adjustment issue you reported at 124#.
We do not know the exact date when it will be released, but we will update the info on website and forum as well. Thank you for supporting!

Sorry Natalia- I'm a little unclear. Did the engineers acknowledge the gimbal adjustment issue and that they are fixing it before release?
Thank you.
2017-5-9
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-9 04:18
While doing the IMU calibration, when you first tilt it to the side when it asks - tilt it just a bit further until the gimbal goes to it's normal position (it will level out and stop trying to run past the hard stop). then gently sit it down on the level surface for that part of the calibration. This will keep the gimbal from growling and act crazy.. it worked with mine - should work with yours..

Thanks I'll do that. The thing is that now I'm getting the vibration just by slightly tilting the bird (even 10 degrees - angle that you'll get when flying sideways even in low speeds). The vibration is slight, and I don't think it's visible in footage, but it worries me a lot, given that the reduced warranty period for the gimbal is already suspicious from DJI's side. (it basically tells you "our gimbal will break down very soon so we won't risk having to replace it for you")
2017-5-9
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 04:05
Could you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox? we'll check it, thanks.

Natalia, as I said in the post above (#132), the vibration is not visible on the footage. It's just something that started happening after that terrible noise during IMU calibration, and I'm worried if something got wrong there.
2017-5-9
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

betonven Posted at 2017-5-9 10:39
Thanks I'll do that. The thing is that now I'm getting the vibration just by slightly tilting the bird (even 10 degrees - angle that you'll get when flying sideways even in low speeds). The vibration is slight, and I don't think it's visible in footage, but it worries me a lot, given that the reduced warranty period for the gimbal is already suspicious from DJI's side. (it basically tells you "our gimbal will break down very soon so we won't risk having to replace it for you")

Hopefully they have a resolution by the time the new firmware comes out.. Maybe the IMU cal will help? I'm just throwing it out there but there was another method for calibration of the gimbal you can try as well.. Let me see if I can find it..  ah yes.. take a look at this thread.. It is for a separate issue but may help.. Check it out   It helped mine with the dreaded hanging to the left camera issue..

http://forum.dji.com/thread-87837-1-1.html
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RonHarper Posted at 2017-5-9 09:17
Sorry Natalia- I'm a little unclear. Did the engineers acknowledge the gimbal adjustment issue and that they are fixing it before release?
Thank you.

The engineers test it, actually there is no issue for gimbal adjustment.
It is because the gimbal moves slower when adjusting the roll compared with the previous firmware.
2017-5-10
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

Thank you DJI Natalia, you are doing a very good job to help members/customers in here.
2017-5-10
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Just an update, I done an IMU and gimble calibration, a month ago and so far so good, all flights are very stable and horizon has been level
2017-5-10
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im also having the same issue.
Tried everything already, cold IMU, gimbal calibration, few test flights and its not even close.

After calibration sometimes the camera is tilted from the start, on one occasion it was spot on but when I tried to tilt the drone by hand the horizon was  shifted to the left on one side and then to the right on the other side. It also didn't want to correct itself as usual...
2017-5-10
Use props
GiriK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1065974 ft
United States

Hi Natalia,

First of all thanks for the hookup. I've installed the beta firmware, did a fresh IMU calibration, compass calibration, and a test flights. Winds were around 4mph.

I'm still being a roughly 15 degree tilt when I yaw to the left or right (in the direction of the yaw respectively).

Is this the way we submit our findings with this issue? I'm more than happy to do everything I can to get to the bottom of the problem for the better of the community and will be happy to do any testing, video recording, or anything that can help
EDIT: I'm also finding the C2 manual adjustment to be disabled now
2017-5-10
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GiriK Posted at 2017-5-10 16:20
Hi Natalia,

First of all thanks for the hookup. I've installed the beta firmware, did a fresh IMU calibration, compass calibration, and a test flights. Winds were around 4mph.

Exactly same issue here but without Beta firmware
2017-5-10
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Hi Natalia:
I have been testing the beta extensively. While the horizon is much better, there is definitely an issue with the manual gimbal adjustment. It isn't just "slower".  It really does not work while in flight  The C2 adjustment is non existent, as others are saying.

Engineering really needs to restore this feature the way it was prior.  Can you please make a request for them to do so?
2017-5-11
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

I've been testing out the beta firmware as well and on both flights I have received a max gimbal movement message as the gimbal goes crazy a couple of times during flight. It then corrects itself. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
2017-5-11
Use props
FiShBuRn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Is it possible to provide to me the beta fw for the p4p that fixes horizon issues?

Thanks
2017-5-16
Use props
fansfe1f901d
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Natalia, sent you a pm. Can I get the FW beta please! I'm about to return the drone because of that Tilt horizon issue and hope this will fix it.

Thanks!
2017-5-16
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

I'm surprised DJI is dragging its feet on releasing the non beta firmware.
2017-5-16
Use props
Junito777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8908704 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Natalia I just sent you a PM too. Thanks
2017-5-16
Use props
bassistas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 355377 ft
Greece

betonven Posted at 2017-4-28 19:58
Nice video, Kozani looks good!

I had a similar problem with my previous replacement, and took me a long time to -possibly- identify what it was. I would recommend you to do the following, in the following order:

I am back to report that after some more carefully inspection the camera shakes also while drone is stationary... I checked also if there are any loose connectors of the motors as you mentioned but everything seems ok. I'm attaching a video that shows the shake from the dji go app.

so I think its time for RMA now. I hope it will be a quick procedure and not have to wait over a month to get the replacement
2017-5-16
Use props
fans5edc6d35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 851152 ft

United States

@DJI Natalia

I am having terrible horizion issues on both my P4 and my new P4Pro it is very frustration. Any chance you might be able to email me the beta firmware to see if it corrects or makes the horizon issues better? Thanks in advance. My email address is: edwardloveny@gmail.com
Thanks, Eddie
2017-5-16
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hurry up and sort this mess with the P4Pros out so as I can buy one.  I have the strangest feeling that its not firmware fixable so I will end up waiting until the P5 comes around.  Thankfully my P3P is working great.
2017-5-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RonHarper Posted at 2017-5-16 09:17
I'm surprised DJI is dragging its feet on releasing the non beta firmware.

Don't be surprised Ron. DJI have been due to release the next firmware for the P4 since beta testing in January...
But it's not just the P4P which their horizon fix would be relevant for - it'd be relevant for the P4, P4A and (possibly) the Mavic too.
Battery firmware is out-of-sync across the Phantom range too (preventing you from being able to move batteries between models). I'm hoping that the delays in each product firmware are part of a strategy to get them all into a consistent release schedule encompassing the whole family. That would keep common firmware components in line and simplify firmware maintenance (fix one, fix them all).
2017-5-17
Use props
Junito777
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did FiShBuRn and fans5edc6d35 had any response from Natalia? cause I didnt
2017-5-17
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

fallsilent Posted at 2017-5-11 04:07
I've been testing out the beta firmware as well and on both flights I have received a max gimbal movement message as the gimbal goes crazy a couple of times during flight. It then corrects itself. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

YES!!! Same here. The camera tilts vertically and goes crazy for a few seconds and there is a max limit warning. I really hope they fix this before the official release.
2017-5-17
Use props
fans5edc6d35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 851152 ft

United States

Nope, no reponse yet!
2017-5-18
Use props
Jeffy
lvl.1
Canada

Junito777 Posted at 2017-5-17 18:01
Did FiShBuRn and fans5edc6d35 had any response from Natalia? cause I didnt

no ... No reply either... She's been online but no reply.

DJI Technical support Told me to ask Natalia and only her could help me. That's weird.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans2d3c2095
New

Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 03:05
Please have a try and keep us posted. If still the same case, please provide me your DJI account, you can try to PM me, thanks.For C2 button, you notice that each time you press it?

Dear Natalia,
I have a problem with my orizzon line...please help me
2017-5-18
Use props
Junito777
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Since we never got a response from Natalia, Im guessing DJI will finally release the firmware on the 24th what do you all think?
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Junito777 Posted at 2017-5-19 19:46
Since we never got a response from Natalia, Im guessing DJI will finally release the firmware on the 24th what do you all think?

Sorry, PM does not working fine sometimes, what's your DJI account? we can try to help you on it.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2d3c2095 Posted at 2017-5-18 11:20
Dear Natalia,
I have a problem with my orizzon line...please help me

May I have your DJI account (e-mail address)? We'd love to help you on this case.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jeffy Posted at 2017-5-18 09:26
no ... No reply either... She's been online but no reply.

DJI Technical support Told me to ask Natalia and only her could help me. That's weird.

Jeffy, I just received your message, sorry I was not available here.
Will help you handle it soon.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RonHarper Posted at 2017-5-17 19:11
YES!!! Same here. The camera tilts vertically and goes crazy for a few seconds and there is a max limit warning. I really hope they fix this before the official release.

Could you please show me a video?
And please sync your flight records through DJI GO 4, then tell me the exact time it happened, I will report your feedback to the engineers, thank you very much!
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules