Horizon tilt (yeah, how original...)
21417 298 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I have your DJI account (e-mail address)? Please PM me the info so we can help, thanks.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans5edc6d35 Posted at 2017-5-16 14:27
@DJI Natalia

I am having terrible horizion issues on both my P4 and my new P4Pro it is very frustration. Any chance you might be able to email me the beta firmware to see if it corrects or makes the horizon issues better? Thanks in advance. My email address is: edwardloveny@gmail.com

Eddie, we'll help you handle it soon. Besides, this firmware is only for P4P, not P4.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bassistas Posted at 2017-5-16 13:12
I am back to report that after some more carefully inspection the camera shakes also while drone is stationary... I checked also if there are any loose connectors of the motors as you mentioned but everything seems ok. I'm attaching a video that shows the shake from the dji go app. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRtJOwAXX-w&feature=youtu.be

so I think its time for RMA now. I hope it will be a quick procedure and not have to wait over a month to get the replacement

Sorry for the issue, you've sent it in already, right?
Hope everything goes smoothly and you could get it back soon.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Have a nice weekend!
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FiShBuRn Posted at 2017-5-16 04:39
Is it possible to provide to me the beta fw for the p4p that fixes horizon issues?

Thanks

What's your DJI account? We'd love to help you.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Crio Posted at 2017-5-10 23:30
Exactly same issue here but without Beta firmware

Please provide us your DJI account (e-mail address), we can have a try to help you on it.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GiriK Posted at 2017-5-10 16:20
Hi Natalia,

First of all thanks for the hookup. I've installed the beta firmware, did a fresh IMU calibration, compass calibration, and a test flights. Winds were around 4mph.

Have you checked this thread and try the troubleshooting mentioned?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-87837-2-1.html
2017-5-21
Use props
Junito777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8908704 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 00:15
Sorry, PM does not working fine sometimes, what's your DJI account? we can try to help you on it.

ANGELRIOS_JR@YAHOO.COM
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OK, got it, and asked the engineers to help you handle it soon, please connect your drone to a PC and run assistant 2 to update it later, looking forward your feedback!
2017-5-21
Use props
JerryLutor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108944 ft
Ukraine

Hello! I have a problem with horizon on the phantom 4 - the horizon is tilted to the side. How can I fix it? (The calibration did - does not help, firmware version 1.2.602). Please help me fix it. Adjustment also does not help, the camera just jerks and the horizon does not correct
2017-5-22
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 00:20
Could you please show me a video?
And please sync your flight records through DJI GO 4, then tell me the exact time it happened, I will report your feedback to the engineers, thank you very much!

Hi Natalia- here is someone else displaying the same problem:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Nt3IzL7G9yc
2017-5-22
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 00:20
Could you please show me a video?
And please sync your flight records through DJI GO 4, then tell me the exact time it happened, I will report your feedback to the engineers, thank you very much!

Hi Natalia, here is a link to the video showing the gimbal issue running the the latest beta firmware. Also I have synced the flight logs for this flight through the DJI Go 4 app as requested. I have PM'd you my login email address so you have have a look at the logs.

Gimbal issue starts at 4:45

2017-5-22
Use props
FiShBuRn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 00:26

Hi DJI Natalia,

My account is: daniel-f-vieira@sapo.pt

Thanks
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FiShBuRn Posted at 2017-5-23 03:02
Hi DJI Natalia,

My account is:

Got it, will help you handle it soon, please wait patiently, thanks.
2017-5-23
Use props
Jefrona
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136109 ft
Canada

Hi DJI Natalia. Can you send me the beta firmware for the p4p that fixes horizon  tilt issues? Thanks in advance.
My DJI account email is: boydrobert@yahoo.com
2017-5-23
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-7 23:25
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, nice to hear about the performance.
I've past all your words to the engineers, they are pretty happy about it.

Natalie,

See the linked YouTube video for the following tests reported in my earlier post in this forum thread. Overall very excellent performance with level gimbal horizon in 12-16 mph winds.  The only issue I had was the gimbal motor becoming overloaded and tilting over severely which occurred ONLY when flying to the right at full stick into a 16 mph wind coming directly from the right-hand-side of the aircraft.  This can be seen in segment starting at 4:58 minutes. This also happened with P4Pro in the same orientation relative to the wind but flying forward at full speed AND turning fairly sharply to the left. Otherwise performance was outstanding.  

I was particularly impressed with the Precision Landing feature which works amazingly well even in 12-16 mph winds! I tested this a half dozen times and EVERY time the P4Pro returned within inches of exact takeoff point even though the P4Pro was blown 2-6 feet away from takeoff point in direction of wind immediately after take-off. Somehow the P4Pro flight software is correcting for this wind drift offset and still managing to land within inches of takeoff point even though photo taken by downward facing cameras from 19 feet elevation is up to 6 feet offset from takeoff point. Incredible!  One such Precision Landing test is shown at end of this video starting at 6:58 minutes.

Testing that is demonstrated in the attached video:
1) Flying forward or backward up to full throttle in P-GPS mode with 16 mph winds aloft coming directly from the right side of aircraft. PASSED - absolutely level gimbal horizon.
2) Flying right or left at up to full throttle in P-GPS mode with 16 mph winds coming directly from the right side of aircraft (i.e., when flying to the right I am flying directly into the wind). The P4Pro PASSED this SEVERE  TEST and was able to maintain an absolutely level gimbal horizon.
3) Flying forward or backward up to full throttle in P-GPS mode with 14-16 mph winds aloft coming directly from the right side of aircraft. PASSED - absolutely level gimbal horizon.
4)  Flying right or left at up to full throttle in P-GPS mode with 14-16 mph winds coming directly from the front right side of aircraft (i.e., wind is coming from direction of front right propeller towards center of aircraft). The P4Pro PASSED this SEVERE TEST with strong 45-degree angle winds and was able to maintain an absolutely level gimbal horizon with only one minor issue noted (not a firmware issue): at ground speeds above 24 mph flying to the right directly into 16 mph wind, the gimbal would occasionally become overloaded and tilt over at a 70-80 degree angle (horizon approaching vertical orientation) then snap back to a level horizon. This would not occur at speeds below 20 mph sideways directly into wind. This happened three times in a 20-minute flight.
5) Test of Precision Landing with 12-16 mph winds at gound level and at elevation during BOTH takeoff and landing. Aircraft landed within 4 inches of takeoff point even though the P4Pro was blown 2-6 feet away from takeoff point in direction of wind immediately after take-off. Somehow the P4Pro flight software is correcting for this wind drift offset and still managing to land within inches of takeoff point even though photo taken by downward facing cameras from 19 feet elevation is up to 6 feet offset from takeoff point. Incredible!

2017-5-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-5-25 08:06
Natalie,

See the linked YouTube video for the following tests reported in my earlier post in this forum thread. Overall very excellent performance with level gimbal horizon in 12-16 mph winds.  The only issue I had was the gimbal motor becoming overloaded and tilting over severely which occurred ONLY when flying to the right at full stick into a 16 mph wind coming directly from the right-hand-side of the aircraft.  This can be seen in segment starting at 4:58 minutes. This also happened with P4Pro in the same orientation relative to the wind but flying forward at full speed AND turning fairly sharply to the left. Otherwise performance was outstanding.  

I am just curious how you get the watermark in the lower right hand corner of your video?
2017-5-25
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-25 08:20
I am just curious how you get the watermark in the lower right hand corner of your video?

I used the Editor feature of the DJI Go 4 app and it apparently inserts this DJI watermark automatically - it's nothing I did intentionally.
2017-5-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-5-25 08:28
I used the Editor feature of the DJI Go 4 app and it apparently inserts this DJI watermark automatically - it's nothing I did intentionally.

Thanks! I never tested it out before.. I will give it a go!
2017-5-25
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

I wonder how much longer the firmware will be "beta" and require one to specifically ask the moderators to request it. The beta is over a month old and one would think that since it corrects a major defect with crooked horizons, they would move much faster to push it out than they seem to be doing...
2017-5-25
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RonHarper Posted at 2017-5-25 09:10
I wonder how much longer the firmware will be "beta" and require one to specifically ask the moderators to request it. The beta is over a month old and one would think that since it corrects a major defect with crooked horizons, they would move much faster to push it out than they seem to be doing...

I would assume we will know when they release it as official firmware, not sooner ;) Anything else will be a question thrown into the void
I hope soon ;)
2017-5-25
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Hopefully it won't be a 5 month wait like the P4 beta testers are dealing with.
2017-5-25
Use props
JerryLutor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108944 ft
Ukraine

DJI Natalia , Please do not ignore requests, in the subject and in private messages. Tell whether the new firmware on phanton 4? Or phanton 4 is no longer supported ??
2017-5-25
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RonHarper Posted at 2017-5-25 12:06
Hopefully it won't be a 5 month wait like the P4 beta testers are dealing with.

Fingers crossed
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jefrona Posted at 2017-5-23 09:01
Hi DJI Natalia. Can you send me the beta firmware for the p4p that fixes horizon  tilt issues? Thanks in advance.
My DJI account email is:

OK, will help you handle it soon.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fallsilent Posted at 2017-5-22 10:51
Hi Natalia, here is a link to the video showing the gimbal issue running the the latest beta firmware. Also I have synced the flight logs for this flight through the DJI Go 4 app as requested. I have PM'd you my login email address so you have have a look at the logs.

Gimbal issue starts at 4:45

I reported this case to the engineers, they are working on it now.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-5-25 08:06
Natalie,

Thank you very much for your details, I've reported your feedback to the engineers, who are working on it now.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JerryLutor Posted at 2017-5-25 22:46
DJI Natalia , Please do not ignore requests, in the subject and in private messages. Tell whether the new firmware on phanton 4? Or phanton 4 is no longer supported ??

Sorry we do not have a beta firmware for P4.
Since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
2017-5-26
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-23 23:47
We do understand that is really frustrating for you, sincerely sorry for your experience.
If you have not returned it, could you please cool the drone for about 30 minutes firstly, then put it in a very level surface, insert the battery, power it on and start to calibrate IMU as quick as possible, then calibrate gimbal and adjust Roll?

That does not fix the horizon tilt. I've had it on every bird I've bought from DJI.
2017-5-26
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Dear Natalia, Is it possible if you can send me the beta firmware for the P4P that fixes the horizon tilt issues? Many thanks for this.
My DJI account email is: whitfieldds@yahoo.com
2017-5-28
Use props
Michael Stoute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dear Natalia, can I also get the beta version of the P4 Pro because I also have problems with the horizon tilt?
My DJI account: michael@hvr.cc
2017-5-28
Use props
Junito777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8908704 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

First I want to say thanks to Natalia, for assisting me with the Beta.
Second here is some feedback, the problem does NOT 100% fix the issue (I understand is a beta) but it is a huge improvement, so hopeful it will be fix with the official  firmware release.
Third I noticed that the option to manually correct the horizon, pressing C2 and camera settings dial, is completely gone, anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks again Natalia
2017-5-28
Use props
Lebowski
lvl.1

Switzerland

Its a design flaw in my opinion.. http://imgur.com/a/kZqz6
2017-5-28
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-28
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-5-29
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Dear Natalia, Is it possible if you can send me the beta firmware for the P4P that fixes the horizon tilt issues? Many thanks for this.
My DJI account email is: whitfieldds@yahoo.com
2017-5-30
Use props
Andrea85or
lvl.1
Flight distance : 441660 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-26 02:38
OK, will help you handle it soon.

My DJI account email is: andreamarongiu1812@gmail.com
2017-5-30
Use props
Michael Stoute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dear Natalia, can I also get the beta version of the P4 Pro because I also have problems with the horizon tilt?
2017-5-31
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dancopter Posted at 2017-5-28 00:51
My DJI account email is:

OK, got it, will help you handle it soon.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Michael Stoute Posted at 2017-5-28 03:33

OK, will help you handle it soon, you could upgrade it through Assistant 2 later.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules