Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Am I doing it wrong???
559 5 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

I got my Mavic in January and have been learning a ton. Most of the videos I have made use LUTS, but I've been wanting to color grade my footage myself. A quick youtube search explained the basics on how to color grade in FCPX, so I just tested it out and would like some feedback if possible.

I shot with the following settings:

D-Cinelike (-1, -1, -1)
1/60th Shutter
Manual WB
No ND Filter as it was getting pretty dark

https://youtu.be/irWsxFMXvI8
2017-4-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You did pretty good, just ease up on the colore saturation. IMHO!
2017-4-23
Use props
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-23 20:40
You did pretty good, just ease up on the colore saturation. IMHO!

Haha yeah, it's a bit intense!  That was on the back of my mind! I also noticed at the :42 mark, the field looks really blurry.  I've read about not having sharpness under 1.  Any recommendations on that?
2017-4-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mjacobson Posted at 2017-4-23 20:42
Haha yeah, it's a bit intense!  That was on the back of my mind! I also noticed at the :42 mark, the field looks really blurry.  I've read about not having sharpness under 1.  Any recommendations on that?

Best advice is to experiment. It is in the eye of the beholder. I might like something that other people won't like or you won't like. Ultimately it is you , lighting conditions, etc.
2017-4-23
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It looks good, make sure the color looks natural when you use color grading in post processing.
For the sharpness, try +1 when the lights is not really bright. Try 0 when the sky to bright.
Enjoy your hobby
2017-4-23
Use props
fans56a35a6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15059 ft
United States

For me, a bit too much saturation and sharpening.  Too much sharpening is really bad for the footage.  I used to do it before but I don't sharpen my video anymore but set it to 0 all the time.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules