Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Satureyes Posted at 2017-4-25 10:34
and a hell of a lot more impractical and useless unless you use the tunnel which then means you can't operate the screen properly

Sorry. I can. Love my Hoodman, operate in the bright AZ sun.
2017-4-25
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 12:16
http://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky

5.5" = $469

When will they be available to buy?
2017-4-26
Use props
Tybo727
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1033255 ft
United States

Will the Crystalsky be able to be used as a field monitor with DSLR cameras as well? I would love that.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tybo727 Posted at 2017-4-26 10:29
Will the Crystalsky be able to be used as a field monitor with DSLR cameras as well? I would love that.

Currently CrystalSky can only support HDMI output, so it can not be used as a field monitor with other devices.
2017-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Will we be able to purchase inspire 2 with Cendence instead of purchasing with normal inspire remote control?
2017-4-27
Use props
Geruvah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24360 ft
United States

I was hoping there'd be no proprietary batteries to be used on the CrystalSky. A lot of lighting usually uses Sony batteries. That just means more stuff to add in my backpack filled with other equipment.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-4-24 10:09
Anyone want to buy a kidney off me so i can buy a CrystalSky

I'' ll take 2 to go...
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Already out of stock????
2017-4-27
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 12:04
Already out of stock????

I don't think they were ever in stock to begin with!
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-4-28 06:31
I don't think they were ever in stock to begin with!

OK, Now you made me feel better.. or NOT...maybe a little Thx
2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-4-28 07:27
OK, Now you made me feel better.. or NOT...maybe a little Thx

Getting anything of dji, reminds me of something my brother in law said to me when I got engaged to his sister.
He said getting engaged is like getting a bicycle at Christmas and not being able to ride it until Easter.

This is dji to a T...
2017-4-29
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-29 08:01
Getting anything of dji, reminds me of something my brother in law said to me when I got engaged to his sister.
He said getting engaged is like getting a bicycle at Christmas and not being able to ride it until Easter.

I am with you all the wayyyyyyy on that! Tehy are loosing some much money when you have demands and you can't full them...It's a shame!
2017-4-29
Use props
fans514bba19
lvl.1

India

Pls give update for inspire 1 i will pay more then 10000$ for my 3 inspire and still not saport DJI {:4_117:}
2017-4-29
Use props
Michaelt89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

What's difference between crystal clear monitors and build in monitors that comes with P4 series?
2017-4-30
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

Really though,the price of the crystal sky is too high,the marketing target range is only for small numbers of people who are looking for professional quality.I rather spend my money on a Ipad instead of a crystal sky monitor.
2017-5-1
Use props
Beetle Bum
New
Flight distance : 14488 ft
United States

Is CrystalSky available for Mavic?
2017-5-2
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-27 02:47
Currently CrystalSky can only support HDMI output, so it can not be used as a field monitor with other devices.

Videographers might if the camcorder has hdmi out or even component with an adapter.   I have at least two semi pro camcorders that this might work with.
DISREGARD THE ABOVE - I overlooked it was the display outputting HDMI, not the display getting HDMI input.  To bad, as on sunny day shoots, my hoodman on the camcorders with the sun behind helps alot, but not as good as I would like.
2017-5-2
Use props
Gnaitery
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for your sharing
2017-5-3
Use props
fans280d139d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7474 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can anyone tell me if the HDMI out on the Crystal Sky will be a clean feed? I would like to be able to use the HDMI out for broadcast purposes.
2017-5-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans280d139d Posted at 2017-5-3 10:01
Can anyone tell me if the HDMI out on the Crystal Sky will be a clean feed? I would like to be able to use the HDMI out for broadcast purposes.

Not sure what you mean by a "clean feed".  It will be as good as the data stream it receives from the drone, with possible quality issues depending on interference sources.  It probably will be free of any "protected or copyright content" issues as much as your camcorder is.  But that is my guess, as it is in their interest to have you produce content for distribution.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans280d139d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-3 11:25
Not sure what you mean by a "clean feed".  It will be as good as the data stream it receives from the drone, with possible quality issues depending on interference sources.  It probably will be free of any "protected or copyright content" issues as much as your camcorder is.  But that is my guess, as it is in their interest to have you produce content for distribution.

I would be using it with a Osmo x5. what i mean by clean feed is, would the output of the HDMI just have the picture/video and none of the telemetry so it can be used for broadcast.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans280d139d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

will the video output by the HDMI be a clean feed?
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans280d139d Posted at 2017-5-3 11:54

The resolution of the video output will be 720p.
2017-5-3
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I was certain after the success of the Mavic that DJI would abandon the pro market. I could not be more happy to be eating that crow.  GREAT SHOW AT NAB! So pleased.
2017-5-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-24 10:01
Premium Customer Service
For professional and advanced customers with demanding needs, the  new  DJI Circle program delivers a premium customer support  program  dedicated to ensuring world-class service whenever help is  needed. The  program offers broad coverage over a twelve-month period  for up to five  DJI products, including the Inspire, M600, Mavic Pro and  Phantom drone  series, and the Ronin and Osmo series of handheld  stabilizers.

Or do i miss something?

I  think the fact that these products were announced at NAB is a clear indication that this product (along with most of the others) is tailored to high-end professional cinematographers who's arsenal of drones (unlikely Mavics) and accessories run well into the 10's of thousands of $.  with daily production costs  multiples of that. Mavic owners and lower-end professionals may benefit from the trickle-down .... eventually.
2017-5-4
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 11:19
According to the manual: "Compatible DJI Products: Osmo series (Osmo Mobile excluded), Inspire, Matrice, Phantom 3 (P3P, P3A), and Phantom 4 series."

Previous versions of the DJI Crystalsky webpage DID list Mavic Pro as a supported device. If it is now not a  supported device, I guess that the Mavic photo was overlooked :-)
2017-5-4
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-24 17:12
A Hoodman is a hell of a lot cheaper....

True.  But what makes the Crystalsky tempting for me is that it is a clean dedicated platform that (hopefully) will be free from all the crashes that plague cell phones
2017-5-4
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Peter van der S Posted at 2017-4-25 11:49
The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series, and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile)

Good, clear now. No Mavic.....

The statement says that it can "quickly connect" to those products.  It didn't say  No Mavic.  If  it runs GO 4,  there's no reason it won't work ... with a proper mounting bracket.
2017-5-4
Use props
nik1975
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any Price for the Tracktenna???
2017-5-7
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

fans280d139d Posted at 2017-5-3 11:54

What he means by clean feed is will the HDMI output send the video with out the screen flight info. Just a clean video feed. That is clean feed.     I also like to know

2017-5-10
Use props
High Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 944642 ft
United Kingdom

I've been visiting the crystalsky page since christmas waiting for a buy button on the 2000nit version. Do you have any info when they will be available in the uk ?
2017-5-10
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United Kingdom

Same as that High Flyer...... getting fed up waiting now...
2017-5-11
Use props
MaxMoon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137805 ft
Israel

Does anyone know when the CrystalSky will be available to buy? Thanks
2017-5-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Cendence RC needs a  FLASH SYNC SOCKET  for aerial stills for us working pros who use flash units outdoors, or even in large indoor areas.

Just sayin'...
2017-5-15
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

The 8" tablet that I currently use is not very bright, about 280 nits!!!!. I've been waiting for this to come out but price is just WAY to expensive for me and not having the ability to load 3rd party apps is a real deal breaker. Time to look for another Android tablet.
2017-5-15
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Peter van der S Posted at 2017-4-25 11:49
The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series, and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile)

Good, clear now. No Mavic.....

This link to Crystalsky on DJI's website at the bottom of the page shows Mavic Compatible (see * small print via the usb port on the RC)  http://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=insite_search
2017-5-16
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-4 04:35
Previous versions of the DJI Crystalsky webpage DID list Mavic Pro as a supported device. If it is now not a  supported device, I guess that the Mavic photo was overlooked :-)

I just looked again at the Crystalsky page on dji and at the bottom of this page you will see the Mavic can connect via the usb port on the RC.  http://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=insite_search  The "*" info is that the Mavic (5.5" crystal sky only) and Osmo series (except Osmo Mobile) can connect via usb.
I don't understand why a larger display wouldn't work the same way?
2017-5-16
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

He posted later, that "clean feed" meant that data was not also on it.  I think he is worried it will include the data overlay of drone status and other graphics.

Question:  the crystalsky monitors appear to be the same, but the Crystalsky page says the Mavic is limited to just the 5.5" size monitor?   Is that true?  We will probably have to use a device to hold the crystalsky, like skyreet etc, so why the limitation?  Thanks,
2017-5-16
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-16 05:48
I just looked again at the Crystalsky page on dji and at the bottom of this page you will see the Mavic can connect via the usb port on the RC.  http://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=insite_search  The "*" info is that the Mavic (5.5" crystal sky only) and Osmo series (except Osmo Mobile) can connect via usb.
I don't understand why a larger display wouldn't work the same way?

I'm guessing the issue may be weight  in addition to the type of mount they envision.
2017-5-16
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-16 06:00
I'm guessing the issue may be weight  in addition to the type of mount they envision.

Could be.   I am considering the larger 2000 cd/m squared display, because I haven't seen anything on how well it really looks outside in bright sunlight, but if for some reason ,electronically or firm/software,  it is not really compatible then I guess I would just use the smaller one.
2017-5-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules