How do can I convert my 4k Video to 1080p?
12Next >
51440 51 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

Does anyone have any advice for a novice on how to convert my Mavic 4k video to 1080p?
I am using a Mac and and Iphone 6s. Any help, workflows or links to forums posts are appreciated.

2017-4-24
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Greece

I use premier pro and just create a 1080 project, import my video into the project and scale to fit the frame and then export in 1080. I'm sure there are other ways but that's how I do it
2017-4-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Any video editor should be able to do this. Just select a 1080p resolution in the render step.
2017-4-24
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

what program are you using to edit with?
2017-4-24
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Hi guys. This seemed like good spot for this question instead of posting new thread. Hope no one minds. Im novice also. When i make video and fly live feed on my phone looks perfect. When i make video and rewatch it on my phone, also looks perfect. When i upload it to send in email or text an replay it in text box to recipient. It looks very unclear.i sent 1 to my brother to see how it looks on his phone and recieved and played but un clear. Is there  a setting im not adjusting correct? I am recording in the regular mode . From what i see in my pre flight check every time if that help figure anything .I can upload 1 for you guys to check out. Any help with this greatly appreciated and thanks all in advance! Happy flying!
2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

This is the best freebie if you don't want to spend the cash on Premier:  https://kdenlive.org/download/

I still has a couple bugs though.
2017-4-24
Use props
fans56a35a6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15059 ft
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-4-24 06:41
Hi guys. This seemed like good spot for this question instead of posting new thread. Hope no one minds. Im novice also. When i make video and fly live feed on my phone looks perfect. When i make video and rewatch it on my phone, also looks perfect. When i upload it to send in email or text an replay it in text box to recipient. It looks very unclear.i sent 1 to my brother to see how it looks on his phone and recieved and played but un clear. Is there  a setting im not adjusting correct? I am recording in the regular mode . From what i see in my pre flight check every time if that help figure anything .I can upload 1 for you guys to check out. Any help with this greatly appreciated and thanks all in advance! Happy flying!

Fly up to your desired altitude. Hit the center of your phone to refocus then start recording. That should fix your problem.
2017-4-24
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

fans56a35a6c Posted at 2017-4-24 20:29
Fly up to your desired altitude. Hit the center of your phone to refocus then start recording. That should fix your problem.

Hi fans. Thanks for input. I get up there and tap screen. Everything is crystal clear. I vid my flight , I watch playback on phone , also crystal clear , issue seems to happen only when I upload . whether I upload it to send as text or email. Some how in upload transition it becomes unclear. I'll show you and see what you think. Thanks again!
2017-4-25
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

2017-4-25
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Austria

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-4-25 03:22
Hi fans. Thanks for input. I get up there and tap screen. Everything is crystal clear. I vid my flight , I watch playback on phone , also crystal clear , issue seems to happen only when I upload . whether I upload it to send as text or email. Some how in upload transition it becomes unclear. I'll show you and see what you think. Thanks again!

My guess is that emailing/texting the file downrezes the video. You could use dropbox to send a link to the actual file for the recipient to download or stream the video.
2017-4-25
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

fans56a35a6c Posted at 2017-4-24 20:29

I wasnt up loading to you tube. Just was trying to send actul vid. I guessing that was my issue because now it dont look too bad
2017-4-25
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

jamesw Posted at 2017-4-25 03:50
My guess is that emailing/texting the file downrezes the video. You could use dropbox to send a link to the actual file for the recipient to download or stream the video.

Hi James thanks for input. I will definitely try that too! Still a lot of learning and playing around fo me but fun fun fun . Thanks again and happy flying ! !
2017-4-25
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

I use a piece of painter's tape across the perimeter of my screen; it nearly crops the image perfectly to 1080!
2017-4-25
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

When you are about to render the video set it from 4K(3840x2160) to fHd(1920x1080).
2017-4-25
Use props
fans338bede6
lvl.2
United States

Grotto....Think of it like this....you have a great CD of music which sounds great on your stereo, but when you change formats (i.e.,txt,e-mail) it's like changing speakers.  It won't sound good on a cheap stereo.  Read up on video file converison or encoding video file formats.....
2017-4-25
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

Hiya Fans ! That is a perfectly well explanation for me! I was figuring something along those lines. This Mavic so darn Awesomely advanced, its not like learn to fly and go i know how to surf web, text and take phone pics haaa. Such a learning curve for me . Sometimes my brain hurts from overload. Definately gonna play around with your suggestion !
Thanks Again AND HAPPY FLYING!!
2017-4-26
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

What is downrez, and I have also seen the terms derez in other threads?  Those are not words.  Not to nitpick, but I think you are looking for the term downsample or downscale or even downconverting would all work if you are talking video producer language.
2017-4-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Downrez is the same slang for reducing or lowering the resolution.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansfbd82212
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-26
Use props
fans6450bc6b
New

Hong Kong

fansfbd82212 Posted at 2017-4-26 23:00
To downscale 4K footage to 1080p, you can get help from Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac.

It is surely in the support of compressing 4K videos to 1080p faultlessly. Plus, this 4K video converter enables you to transcode 4K videos to any format MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, MPG, AVI, MKV... as you want. Thanks to the built-in video editor, you can trim, crop and retouch your videos in clicks.

Brorsoft is a shareware, you have to pay for it to get the full version, or else there will be a big watermark in the converted video. To convert video, I'd recommend an online app called Acethinker Video Converter, It's a free web-based application to convert videos, you don't have to install anything. No watermark and limitation.
2017-6-15
Use props
djiuser_fEKxgAC
New

Hong Kong

A lot of video converter can help you convert mp4 to hd.
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_fEKxgAC
New

Hong Kong

A lot of video converter can help you convert mp4 to hd, such as [url=https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/file:///C:\Users\yong\AppData\Local\Temp\%W@GJ$ACOF(TYDYECOKVDYB.pnghttp://www.mkvtomp4mac.net]mp4

converter[/url]

2017-8-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

XMedia Recode for me best free conversion and basic editing app. Too bad author quit developing it ;)
2017-8-4
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

Check this tutorial and I think you can get your issue solved.

http://xavcvideoconverter.alterv ... ic-pro-4k-to-1080p/
2017-8-28
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

Japan

Refer to:  
http://brorsoft.com/how-to/downscale-4k-to-1080p.html
2017-9-12
Use props
wshmb
lvl.1

United States

You need one video converter which can compress 4K to HD video without much quality loss.
2017-9-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

iMovie can do this
Also you can try Davinci Resolve - it is distributed for free.
2017-9-22
Use props
Maya W
New

United States

WinX HD Video Converter for Mac can make it.
Load your file > select MP4 format (compatible with your Mac and iPhone 6s) > adjust resolution from 4K to 1080P > run.

Here's a detailed guide: winxdvd.com/resource/compress-convert-4k-to-1080p.htm
2017-11-28
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

FCPX will definitely do the job.
2017-11-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Davinci resolve 14, (free) also great for color grading
2017-11-29
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-29 03:33
FCPX will definitely do the job.

One of the best
PM me if you need FCPX
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_kjPy3Qy
lvl.1

United States

I am using a video converter from iFunia, it works well on High sierra and support batch converting multiple videos at a time.
You can get a free trial to try first. you can visit its official page to learn more and determine: https://www.ifunia.com/video-converter-mac.html
2018-1-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi guys. This seemed like good spot for this question instead of posting new thread. Hope no one minds. Im novice also. When i make video and fly live feed on my phone looks perfect. When i make video and rewatch it on my phone, also looks perfect. When i upload it to send in email or text an replay it in text box to recipient. It looks very unclear.i sent 1 to my brother to see how it looks on his phone and recieved and played but un clear. Is there  a setting im not adjusting correct? I am recording in the regular mode . From what i see in my pre flight check every time if that help figure anything .I can upload 1 for you guys to check out. Any help with this greatly appreciated and thanks all in advance! Happy flying!

hey grotto - you really should start a unique thread for this question as that will get more attention and hopefully some useful answers, than being hidden away in another thread
2018-1-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Hi guys. This seemed like good spot for this question instead of posting new thread. Hope no one minds. Im novice also. When i make video and fly live feed on my phone looks perfect. When i make video and rewatch it on my phone, also looks perfect. When i upload it to send in email or text an replay it in text box to recipient. It looks very unclear.i sent 1 to my brother to see how it looks on his phone and recieved and played but un clear. Is there  a setting im not adjusting correct? I am recording in the regular mode . From what i see in my pre flight check every time if that help figure anything .I can upload 1 for you guys to check out. Any help with this greatly appreciated and thanks all in advance! Happy flying!

oh wow - seems i was wrong and looks like you got lots of answers by posting yr questions on another thread - perhaps this is the way to get questions answered :-)
2018-1-5
Use props
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

Dont forget to optimise your bitrate and other parameters. You need to pay attention to many issues other than the resolution. You are probably down rating the resolution to create a smaller file size. You can have the lower resolution with a high or low bitrate and when you see the difference, you will understand how important this simple parameter is to image quality. If it is just to match the screen resolution of the replay device, dont bother, because the device will downscal perfectly for you.
2018-1-5
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-5 02:35
oh wow - seems i was wrong and looks like you got lots of answers by posting yr questions on another thread - perhaps this is the way to get questions answered :-)

Yes definitely a lot of good help out there and thank you everyone for your input !
2018-1-9
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-5 02:35
oh wow - seems i was wrong and looks like you got lots of answers by posting yr questions on another thread - perhaps this is the way to get questions answered :-)

I think I posted as a thread because that was all I was able to figure out how
2018-1-9
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

fans9553217f Posted at 2018-1-5 11:23
Dont forget to optimise your bitrate and other parameters. You need to pay attention to many issues other than the resolution. You are probably down rating the resolution to create a smaller file size. You can have the lower resolution with a high or low bitrate and when you see the difference, you will understand how important this simple parameter is to image quality. If it is just to match the screen resolution of the replay device, dont bother, because the device will downscal perfectly for you.

Thank you for your help . I’m going to definitely look into my bitrate parameters . I after I see what’s going on , I  may have some more questions for you lol.
Cheers
2018-1-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

i used a program Handbrake some months ago - it worked very well - great downsize with great quality image - but recently i cant get the same results - free download - definately worth a try and some brief you tube videos showing what settings to use.
2018-1-9
Use props
amazingfriend
lvl.2

United States

Here are 10 free 4k converters: https://filmora.wondershare.com/ ... indows-and-mac.html
And one detailed reference on how to downscale 4k videos to 1080p videos: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/compress-4k-video.html
2018-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules