Rich
2017-5-21
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whoop whoop!  My goggles have just arrived!
2017-5-22
Use props
Gotters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 553976 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

got mine too

activation was very easy (get the drone and controller all setup, turn on the goggles and choose to activate via mobile app, then hit the synch button on Mavic by the SD card slot)

had a couple of flights and have to say they are lovely - really gives you confidence flying away a bit further not squinting at a tiny phone screen in bright light to see where you are, flying back home manually is much easier to achieve as can do visually

they are a touch on the heavy side & obviously not that easy to lug around with you, and getting a little light bleed around the nose when tightened. But its very sunny today in the UK and the quality of image and lack of latency is superb, head tracking is very cool feature.

think I'll get some much better shots with them just by being able to see more clearly what the drone can see.
2017-5-22
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Arrived 30 mins ago. Linking was indeed easy, took it for a first flight within 3 minutes. Absolutely beautiful.

Headband is a bit awkward (didn't fit too well, but was my first go so will probably get used to it), but the flying is great. No lag, crispy pic
2017-5-22
Use props
Gotters
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i usually shoot in 4k but can't even find a 4k option in video settings anymore once I've connected goggles, even if they're off

seems a bit of a coincidence
2017-5-22
Use props
Gotters
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

seems you can't shoot 4k with goggles turned on (I hadn't turned them off, they were charging) - I'm guessing its an image processing thing as would be too much going on at once - not great as I like shooting in 4k but other things the goggles bring to the party compensate somewhat - loving them so far.

also noticed the C2 and scroll wheel to correct horizon tilt doesn't work with them on, guessing a few features not exactly the same when goggles paired up.
2017-5-22
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Dont choose smooth mode or 1080p mode for goggle transmission as it reduces how high you can record on the Mavic, this is the same for streaming to your phone. set transmission to 720p/30fps.
2017-5-22
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Generally very very impressed with the Goggles. Excitement is slightly dampened as there is a large piece of debris on the actually screen. Any suggestions DJI?
2017-5-22
Use props
FlyBoyDon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

can anyone say how far is the focal plane is of the DJI Goggles?
2017-5-22
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thinking of sending mine back. The piece of debris top left of the left side screen is bugging me. OCD not helping I'm sure but my concern is that dust and other foreign articles may get in and make it worse. Whilst it's not massively noticeable when flying, I think should I watch a film with them it will irritate me.

Am I being fussy?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans42949c2a
New
Flight distance : 27165 ft
United States

Why did everyone else's goggle arrived when mine is not even shipped! Give me a reason, DJI!
IMG_5378.PNG
2017-5-22
Use props
PanaceaBeachBum
lvl.2
United States

Im happy to keep reading all these adverts but get product on the shelf and let us see for our selves
2017-5-22
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

Still hasn't shipped... Ordered 2017-04-24 18:49:34 (UTC).
Edit: Shipped today (5/24/17). Expected to arrive via Fedex 5/25/17.
2017-5-22
Use props
DroneNut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18967 ft
United States

Mine hasn't shipped either. Ordered 2017-04-24 17:26:02 (UTC)
2017-5-22
Use props
ckizer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369177 ft
United States

Gotters Posted at 2017-5-22 06:14
i usually shoot in 4k but can't even find a 4k option in video settings anymore once I've connected goggles, even if they're off

seems a bit of a coincidence

Seems there is a bug. After shooting in the other modes you need to RESTART the goggles to bring back the 4K option. I'm sure the DJI goggles will get lots of great software updates addressing bugs and adding new features for head tracking that doesn't keep panning…
2017-5-22
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

2017-5-22
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

fans42949c2a Posted at 2017-5-22 14:51
Why did everyone else's goggle arrived when mine is not even shipped! Give me a reason, DJI!

Did you send an email (with payment confirmation by email from DJI and your Paypal (if you used that) payment) to onlinesales at dji? Your payment status is authorized, not confirmed. Had the same and sent them an email. They changed it and within an hour the order was shipped. Happened before as well with props

Not saying it's directly related, but worth a shot.
2017-5-22
Use props
Chester Benning
lvl.1

Germany

will these also work with the p3p standard?
2017-5-23
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

PRO TIP:  Some 25-cent googly eyes can help prevent freaking people out when seeing you.  They make you look more "human".

2017-5-23
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-22 22:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdjbOlKtLeM&t=0s

I hope that anyone who aspires to make videos similar to this saw that little sheet of paper on the corner of his table:  He made notes and used them!  Instead of rambling on and on about one thing and completely forgetting to mention another important point, he had an outline, and he followed it.

I see so many videos where the speaker has no idea what he is going to say until he turns on the camera.  This was a refreshing change, and held my attention for the whole 18 minutes.
2017-5-23
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135092 ft
France

First thoughts a bout DJi Googles :
* Ordered April 24 th from FRANCE, shipped on may 19th, received may 23 th … that's fine
* Big package …
* Googles themselves are big too and a little heavy
* Build quality is high
* Using googles with variable focus glasses is impossible,  as it seems that the focus plan of the Googles is close, and we can't look the integrated screen using the low part of the glasses. By chance, using Googles without glasses is working for me, but this is not perfect quality … and what to do with glasses when flying ?
* With glasses, some light is entering inside the googles
* It seems that Interpupiliary distance range is not totally wide enough for me ...
* I'm hearing a small cooling fan inside the googles
* After few minutes of use there can be humidity inside the googles
* At the beginning, the touch pad can easily be accidentally used (I know we can lock it ...)
* I think there is a dead pixel on 1 of the 2 displays (permanently lighted ...)

My advise : if you have glasses, try it before buying

2017-5-23
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
United States

B&H told me they will get their supply on June 2nd...fingers crossed that is accurate.
2017-5-23
Use props
gilly4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Just took the goggles out for the first time, one word...awesome. Set up in seconds, no issues, no weird pixels, no fogging, just 3 batteries of sheer fun. Sports mode along the beach then nice and slow and up close through a local castle. If you are thinking about getting them, order now.
2017-5-23
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135092 ft
France

phillbarnes Posted at 2017-5-21 04:48
Yes  They are designed to accommodate glasses

Yes but … not if you have variable focus glasses : the focus plan is set very close, so it's impossible to view thru the center of the glasses … I'm lucky that, finally I can take off my glasses, as I can see correctly close things, even if it's not perfect …

2017-5-23
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-5-21 19:16
Connex and now Aomway has one too.

I was just really hoping the DJI ones would. Was hoping against hope. I just would imagine that they would wan that market.

I suspect the Spark will be a selfie drone, not a racer. Racers get beat up real bad. Not sure DJI would want to support that. From pics I've seen it doesn't look lie the Spark will be super light or serviceable, two things that racers need.
2017-5-23
Use props
DroneNut
lvl.1
United States

Ordered 2017-04-24 17:26:02 (UTC)

Mine have just shipped. The email I received gave an estimated date of delivery of May 30.
I also agree that this video: bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-22 22:55

is one of the most detailed and comprehensive I've seen so far.
2017-5-23
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-5-23 09:27
I suspect the Spark will be a selfie drone, not a racer. Racers get beat up real bad. Not sure DJI would want to support that. From pics I've seen it doesn't look lie the Spark will be super light or serviceable, two things that racers need.

Agreed.  I have heard otherwise too.  It is definitely a misleading trailer though.
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mine is arriving tomorrow. I will keep you guys updated!
2017-5-23
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

DroneNut Posted at 2017-5-23 10:45
Ordered 2017-04-24 17:26:02 (UTC)

Mine have just shipped. The email I received gave an estimated date of delivery of May 30.

2017-5-24
Use props
useraba7051de9
lvl.1
  • >>>
Switzerland

Still hasn't shipped... Ordered 2017-04-24 16:28:52 (UTC)
2017-5-24
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

I bought from a vendor in Canada. I've been told by vendor that June 10 is the ship date for them.
2017-5-24
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

Tried out the new goggles last night with the Mavic and wow!

I had my reservations when I opened the box, the goggles felt heavy and cumbersome and I fumbled for while with the pairing and getting used to the control pad.  But once I took off, I set the goggles to control the gimbal and a whole new experience began.  I climbed up to 130ft to clear the trees and just soared and looked around - the telemetry keeps you well orientated to your home point so you relax and enjoy the view. By my 3rd battery, I was able to take off, fly around and land without removing the goggles.   Seriously the most fun I've had in my 2+ years droning.  
2017-5-24
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

3. Could tell what type of drone do you use? Actually DJI Goggles can link with Mavic pro, p4/p4p and Inspire 2, and all these drone types support 4K recording.
You could select camera setting > Video > Video Size to find the 4K options.

7.When switch the other modes, system will change recording format automatically. E.g, when switch to HD Mode, rocording format will default to 1080P30, and if you want to set another video format, need to re-configure in camera setting.
2017-5-25
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

Is this normal?
When looking in the goggles the "roof" and "floor" inside the left side of the goggles has a matte finish.  The right side though appears mirrored, so whatever is displaying on the right screen is reflected off the top and bottom of the inside of the goggles. It's like they put some kind of anti-reflection material (or polarizarion filter to block the reflected lcd out) inside the left side but not the right side. Is this normal or did I get a faulty unit? It seems odd that the right side is SO glossy/mirrored while the left is not.

Uploaded pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/Cevi4

2017-5-25
Use props
coreness7
lvl.1
United States

dustout Posted at 2017-5-25 12:54
Is this normal?
When looking in the goggles the "roof" and "floor" inside the left side of the goggles has a matte finish.  The right side though appears mirrored, so whatever is displaying on the right screen is reflected off the top and bottom of the inside of the goggles. It's like they put some kind of anti-reflection material (or polarizarion filter to block the reflected lcd out) inside the left side but not the right side. Is this normal or did I get a faulty unit? The reflection is kind of annoying and it seems odd that the right side is SO glossy/mirrored while the left is not.

I have not received mine yet, but according to breakdown photos DJI put the right screen on the roof of the goggles facing down and your eye's are actually looking at a mirror for the right eye, this might be why it looks like it does....
2017-5-25
Use props
DroneNut
lvl.1
United States

This is the best article I've found that explains the geometry and optics of the DJI Goggles:
https://myfirstdrone.com/dji-gog ... hy-are-they-so-big/
2017-5-25
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

Ah, it looks like the optics with the mirror would explain it. The right screen being horizontal would explain why it has this but not the left screen. It's not too big of a deal being like that though I was concerned it was a flaw specific to my unit. I did not notice it I plugged it into my computer with a solid white screen showing. It would be ideal to not have this but I'd rather have this side effect and get the higher pixel count this allows. Impressive how much they crammed into this thing.
2017-5-25
Use props
mmyykk
New
United States

Impossible to link
2017-5-26
Use props
jetek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347979 ft
United States

Is there a way to change the flight data displayed in the goggles to imperial instead of meters?
2017-5-26
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

jetek Posted at 2017-5-26 14:05
Is there a way to change the flight data displayed in the goggles to imperial instead of meters?

Apparently not, at least not for now, though I'm sure DJI will address this at some point in the future.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules