DJI Goggle - compatibility with oculus and steamVR
10690 6 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Wil DJI Goggle compatible with Oculus and SteamVR?

They could be awesome alternative for gaming. They have the better screen than Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Goggles will have 3DOF or 6DOF tracking?

2017-4-24
Use props
mrfloppi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9665 ft
Germany

Excellent question! As I talked to the tech support yesterday the also weren't able to provide answers! The question is: "What are the announced gaming capabilities they mentioned in the announcement commercial?"
2017-4-25
Use props
mrfloppi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9665 ft
Germany

So why is nobody able to clarify this? What are the so spoken of "Dji Goggles Gaming Capabilities"?
2017-4-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

mrfloppi Posted at 2017-4-26 23:26
So why is nobody able to clarify this? What are the so spoken of "Dji Goggles Gaming Capabilities"?

Aloha floppi,

Sorry, but this product has just come out.  The CrystalSky displays have also, just come out.  DJI is not known for putting out a whole lot of information about their products, mostly because of market issues.  We will work our way through this product information like we have through every new DJI product so far.

Now, it is usually best to just ask your questions and those who have been fortunate enough to actually own a DJI Goggle will be able to respond.  And you may as well cut out the idiots who test them for the consumer.  I have yet to find one credible.  This forum is where the truth is.  - and you can ask them!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kyokushin,

Good question, that would be cool!

Aloha and Fly and Drone On!  (Sorry, I am a simulator addict!)
2017-4-27
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Here's the thing. It has two internal displays, and has polarization to make sure they don't interfere with each other. I can only think of two reasons they did this. One is for stereo viewing such as gaming. Second might be to give you a brighter display than a single screen can provide. I think the former is probably the case. The reason they haven't announced stereo or VR support? I think the development effort is fully focussed on making it work with the drones first, and is a selling point for their drones. I think gaming is likely a secondary market and one they can't currently fill as even drone users are having to wait for long delivery times. I suspect we will get more functionality with time as DJI does with their drones. Rather then released a half baked firmware that does it all, we are getting solid initial support for our drones, their primary market. There is also the possibility of stereo 3d cameras on future drones as well. Now THAT would be immersive FPV!
2017-5-10
Use props
CactusPatch
New

Canada

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules