Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
STROBON Cree® Standalone
4871 18 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Has anyone used this before?

I like to err on the side of safety as there is a chance I could be in the aircraft wanting to see the drone as much as being the pilot piloting said drone.

http://www.flytron.com/led-systems/322-strobon-cree-standalone.html

While typing this...  I decided to get one so I will be the guinea pig here.  It is now on order.

2017-4-24
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

I have several. Two red for the front, and white for the back. I ordered mine at  http://www.firehousetechnology.c ... _Q500_RC_Plane.html$35USD shipping included.
They are a bit more expensive on this site, but if in the US, they ship and arrive very quickly with great communications. The vendor stated theirs have a larger battery and a different flash rate than those purchased on your provided website. It would be interesting to compare. If in other than the US, your best deal is to order using the website you show. They are located in the U.K. Shipped to the US they are $25 including shipping that does not include any tracking, so it will take longer, and can't be tracked if lost. If in the US where you order will depend on how quick you want it, and a risk you take (low) not being able to track internationally. Ones shipped from US come with a charging cable. Ones shipped from U.K. do not.  The strobe  uses the same cable as used to charge the Mavic RC.

When I first received them, I attached the provided cable to charge. They blink when charging. I initially thought the intensity of the blinking was as bright as they got and was disappointed. Once I found you  need to hold down the button for 2 seconds  for them to start working, I found the brightness amazing for something so small. As a matter of fact, I saw spots a few seconds after first turning it on and looking away.
These things definitely will increase  your visibility of the Mavic and LOS, especially on cloudy days. To test the battery charge, hold down the button for a second. One blink means it needs charging. Two it's ok, three it's fully charged.

Hope this helps!

2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

$89!!!  Ouch.  I just got my white one for $24 including tax and shipping.
2017-4-24
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got them last week. Tested them last night. Here you go.
2018-11-30
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

I have been using  Strobon Cree in my Mavic Pro for over 6 months now with good results. I attach with a small piece of Velcro and just install them if/when  required.
I did check the IMU and compass after first fitting them, no detectable change.
The cost is cheap compared to a replacement Mavic
2018-11-30
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 11-30 14:36
I have been using  Strobon Cree in my Mavic Pro for over 6 months now with good results. I attach with a small piece of Velcro and just install them if/when  required.

I also used Velcro. Seemed just fine to me.
2018-11-30
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Bing Err Posted at 11-30 12:40
Got them last week. Tested them last night. Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NM7zm8FUjw

Hi and what about light visibility during the day?
2018-12-19
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 12-19 06:33

Haven't done day testing yet. It's winter here and sunset is at 4:30pm. Most of my flights lately have been night flights. I'll post back here when I have some good info.
2018-12-20
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Bing Err Posted at 12-20 01:44
Haven't done day testing yet. It's winter here and sunset is at 4:30pm. Most of my flights lately have been night flights. I'll post back here when I have some good info.

Thanks I'm waiting for update
2018-12-20
Use props
Kevin Halle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using these for a while. Just use a piece of Velcro to stick them on with. They are very bright in the night sky.
2018-12-20
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Bing Err Posted at 12-20 01:44

You are lucky. Here it looks like this.

But would also like to know how its in daylight.
2018-12-20
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

G_Sig Posted at 12-20 09:45
You are lucky. Here it looks like this.
[view_image]
But would also like to know how its in daylight.

Yikes. You got me beat. My downfall is that I also work nights and then sleep when the sun is up. Oh well, guess I won't get skin cancer at least. Haha. I'll let you know when I do a daytime test. Thanks!
2018-12-22
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Guido-Italy Posted at 12-19 06:33

I took one to the local rifle range and it was easily visible at 300 meters in the Australian sun
2018-12-22
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also own those lights and they are unquestionably amazing and worth the $$$.
2018-12-22
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

I bought one I'll receive it in january
2018-12-23
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boffin Posted at 11-30 14:36

I do exactly the same, I bought a selection of them, 2 white, and 1 red, 1 green, and one blue (only bought the blue for a bit of fun)

All work great it makes it so much easier to pin point at night but also during the day (I operate always in line of site but sometime people come u and ask questions and its tricky to see)

I put the red and blue on once down near the local park by the sea during dusk (and there were some kids out with their parents and the kids were transfixed on it and thought it was a police drone (so did the parents at first) (this would have been fun with the M2P Enterprise with the speakers!). Wouldn't use this too often mind.

Also with my Pilot hat on if I was in the air and looking out I would at least be able to spot the drone also so would know to steer clear just in case so using these I think it a must (I'm surprised DJI haven't bought them out and the incorporate them into the drones (but have them as an optional feature on/offable like the normal ones.

PS Love the landing lights on the M2P these are pretty cool at night not sure if you can remotely turn them on and off as this would also be a good way to locate the drone if you have lost visual.
2018-12-23
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Repost of my setup from here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 137&pid=1674144

I've equipped my Mavic Pro with 4 cree strobe LEDs in such a way, that I  can 1) tell the orientation of the AC from quite some distance (up to  500 meters) and 2) give a visual warning of the AC to any other air  traffic (we have occasional boat planes liking to fly low during  summer).
The downward white strone i placed on the plate behind the camera and is thus angled a bit forward.

In addition MP is equipped with a loc8tor tag, which saved the MP last  winter allowing me to quickly find it sumberged in the snow.
I've flown over 150km with this equipment and Mavic's performance is stellar.

On MP2, the upward-facing strobe would need to be moved towards the front of the aircraft.

strobes.jpg
2018-12-23
Use props
New

United States

I just received mine.  The white one is charging as advertised.  The red one just shines bery bright, steady red when plugged in and doesn’t respond to the on/off button.  I think I got a bad one.
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_TfF0r0D02xDw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3054160 ft
New Zealand

Absolutely brilliant Anti Collision strobes

My Mavic air
2022-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now