IMU Error
9863 24 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5eb0e4c2
New
United States

I have not been able to operate my new drone. Everytime I try, I'm shown on top of the camera screen 'IMU ERROR, Calibrate IMU'. on the status page it shows 'IMU....Normal'. How can I fix this problem. Thanks.
2017-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you actually done any proper IMU and gimbal calibrations?

RedHotPoker
2017-4-25
Use props
fans5eb0e4c2
New
United States

Everytime I turn them on. It ask for compass calibration and I do what it says as it shows. When I'm done it automatically goes back to camera screen. But when I try to use it , it won't take off or start.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans5eb0e4c2
New
United States

Everytime I turn them on. It ask for compass calibration and I do what it says as it shows. When I'm done it automatically goes back to camera screen. But when I try to use it , it won't take off or start.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans5eb0e4c2
New
United States

How do you calibrate those two? Thanks for the help.
2017-4-25
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

It's in the manual.... or you can do it the lazy way and search you tube for a video on IMU calibration.
2017-4-25
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

This may sound strange. Take the phantom and set it upright on a hard flat surface. Next take a soft shoe and tap on the top of the phantom in the center of the body a few times with the bottom of the shoe. After you're done turn everything back on and go through the IMU calibration process etc. and see if it works. The reason behind this process is that the IMU is like a pendulum inside its case and it can get stuck from a light crash or even during shipping and this can sometimes work to free it without having to take it apart. Not saying this is your issue but it's worth a shot.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans5eb0e4c2 Posted at 2017-4-25 16:38
How do you calibrate those two? Thanks for the help.

For the IMU calibration, it's under MC Settings > Advanced Settings > Sensors. Leave the drone on a flat surface while it goes through the calibration process. The gimbal calibration is located under Gimbal Settings section. This also requires a level surface.
2017-4-25
Use props
nickratliff
New
United States

I have a similar issue.  Mine connects and I can see the camera but it has "IMU Error, Calibrate IMU" on the top line.  Like OP, it says IMU is Normal.  If I got to Sensors under Advanced Settings, the values are blank and the buttons at the bottom aren't engaged and it won't let me do anything.
Any tips?  
2017-4-25
Use props
nickratliff
New
United States

I have a similar issue.  Mine connects and I can see the camera but it has "IMU Error, Calibrate IMU" on the top line.  Like OP, it says IMU is Normal.  If I got to Sensors under Advanced Settings, the values are blank and the buttons at the bottom aren't engaged and it won't let me do anything.
2017-4-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Go to calibrate IMU and check IMU before you push calibrate if the bar with "calibrate required".  The AC must stand on a flat and even ground for IMU - calibration.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans5eb0e4c2
New
United States

What does IMU. What does the abbreviation stand for. When I touch the 'IMU Calibrate' line, on top, it goes to the listing screen, but the IMU line shows 'normal', wih no option to calibrate. Thanks for your help.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans5eb0e4c2
New
United States

I finally figured it out. I'm now up and around. Thanks to all....
2017-4-27
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

IMU = Internal Measuring Unit
2017-4-27
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

Sorry, got ahead of myself "Inertial Measurement Unit" ;)
2017-4-27
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

...and all along i thought it was " inertia".
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

timnwcove Posted at 2017-4-27 13:54
...and all along i thought it was " inertia".

Either, or would be appropriate.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans46eba182
New

United States

fans5eb0e4c2 Posted at 2017-4-27 07:25

what was the fix? I feel like I have tried all of the remedies and still get no where with it. Imu will not calibrate , all boxes are blank, and I also have been getting a compass error. has never been flown.....
2018-12-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Where you get the compass error? on open field or near a house group?
2018-12-21
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

fans5eb0e4c2 Posted at 2017-4-27 07:25

Seriously, you can't just go into a forum and ask for help and then get said help and then say you figured it all out without updating on the fix. It's like inviting us all to a restaurant and offering to pay for everyone even though you know you have no money -- ordering all of the most expensive menu items -- and then running out without paying the check while leaving us all behind! Seriously? What was the fix?

2018-12-21
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

fans46eba182 Posted at 12-21 07:11
what was the fix? I feel like I have tried all of the remedies and still get no where with it. Imu will not calibrate , all boxes are blank, and I also have been getting a compass error. has never been flown.....

A lot of people never self-update!

DJI should start offering updates on humans to update their forum threads and comments. I'd like to know the solution for future reference purposes if ever applicable.
2018-12-21
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-21 23:11
A lot of people never self-update!

DJI should start offering updates on humans to update their forum threads and comments. I'd like to know the solution for future reference purposes if ever applicable.

2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

WD9EON Posted at 12-22 04:22
https://youtu.be/_bdWgXJME74

Good information WD9EON.

But is that an AI robot with fake whitened teeth narrating it all? For all we know @DJI borrowed a Disney cyborg or it is VR, CGI and Green Screen Animation to the max!
2018-12-22
Use props
3D Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358917 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

finally how did you solve it?
2018-12-22
Use props
fans6749fbbb
New

United States

I have a Phantom 3 standard. It turns on fine but 2 of the lights in the drone are red and the other 2 flash green-red-yellow.  On my camera screen it says I my calibration required. I try to calibrate them it says calibration error.  Any ideas?
2022-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules