A Novice-Type Question
1015 6 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans660424f3
New
United States

What am I doing wrong?   Is there a setting I am missing?   I can't get smooth video on my P3P...it's jerky and hangs up, and by no means smooth.....What have I missed?

talk to me Drone Gurus!
2017-4-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You need to provide more intel.
There a countless threads like yours and 95% end up by the poster finding out that he was looking at the in-app recording rather than at the original footage from the SD card in the drone.
You must copy the file to your computer and view it there. If the problem still persists provide your video settings, your computer/graphic card specs.
There are numerous factors that can contribute to your problem.
2017-4-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just to add to what Eric13 said, there is no guarantee that you have any device that can properly view 4K video. Just because the Phantom lets you record in 4K, does not mean you can view it. Try reducing your setting to 1080p and see what it looks like.
2017-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post a short sample of your video so we can see what you are referring to, please. Thanks

RedHotPoker

2017-4-25
Use props
fans660424f3
New
United States

I'm talking about viewing directly from the SD card, but maybe I need to dial it back to 1080 and try again.....thanks for the input guys!

Help me not look like a doofus here, but I am looking all over the place for the image settings to dial it down to 1080, but I can't find it.
2017-4-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Don't view from the SD card! Move/Copy the file to your PC/MAC!
Talking 1080 is not about IMAGE but VIDEO settings!

Having the app open while being connected to the AC, there is a round button in the middle on the right side.
If it is white, you are in CAMERA mode, if it is red, you are in VIDEO mode.
When its RED, hit the symbol below it. That takes you to VIDEO settings.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems you belong to these thousands of people being too lazy to read a manual or use Google.
Asking for instant help in a forum without making ANY effort to provide details will get you what you deserve.
And this is the most from my side.

2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans660424f3 Posted at 2017-4-25 15:22
I'm talking about viewing directly from the SD card, but maybe I need to dial it back to 1080 and try again.....thanks for the input guys!

Help me not look like a doofus here, but I am looking all over the place for the image settings to dial it down to 1080, but I can't find it.

You would need to be in video mode in order to see the resolution settings in place of the stills. If the issue persists even at 1080p, a sample of what you're getting would be appreciated.
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules