How Long do DJI Repairs Take
123Next >
16977 86 2015-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys, I sent in my Inspire 1 yesterday for repairs...How has your guys' edperience been in the repair process. My gimbal and camera broke and the landing gear is jammed and won't transform. How long have your turn-around times been? I sent mine to the LA location since I live in LA Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks!

2015-3-4
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

My second remote died 3 days after I received it. Called DJI and got my RMA number and mailed it back to them. 3 days latter got an email confirming they received it. 2 days later got another email letting me know a technician was working on it. Next day they confirmed the unit was faulty and shipped me a brand new remote. I will receive it next Monday 3-9-15. Only two weeks from the date I mailed it out to them. Not bad turn around time. I'm pretty happy with their service, communication and the exchange for a new remote.

No complaints here!
2015-3-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Good! hahah but that's a remote...I'm talking about the Inspire 1 turnaround time! By the way, how are you liking the Inspire?
2015-3-4
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

Hopefully they're just as fast getting your bird back to you.

Love mine. I still have the Master remote and fly several days each week.
Hope you get yours back soon.
2015-3-4
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

My Inspire 1 was received by DJI in California on 18-February-2015 / 10:24 AM. Then on February 24, 2015 16:05 I received an email letting me know that it was "Checked In" to their zendesk database and that it will be approximately 3-4 weeks for the repair. On February 25, 2015 13:32, I emailed them to question the amount of time it would take. On February 25, 2015 19:02 I received a reply indicating that it would be less than 3-4 weeks as the email I received was a typo. Really, a typo? Yesterday, March 3, 2015 14:14, I emailed again, being polite asking for an update. No response. I have now asked my Dealer to get involved. I've never experienced such poor customer service on a $4,000 item. DJI is not a state of the art company. They certainly act like a toy company. What does eveyone else think?
2015-3-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-5 10:48
My Inspire 1 was received by DJI in California on 18-February-2015 / 10:24 AM. Then on February 24,  ...

Can you please post your case number that you received from DJI.  I will research and let you know.
2015-3-4
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks Tahoe_Ed. Here is my RMA: 02061592733

Robert
2015-3-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

crossfittb@yaho Posted at 2015-3-5 10:34
Hopefully they're just as fast getting your bird back to you.

Love mine. I still have the Master re ...

Thank you very much! This is my second day of not having it and I'm already going through withdrawals lol
2015-3-4
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

lol I can understand that. Hopefully not much longer for you.
2015-3-5
Use props
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

5 weeks door to door for mine, not a crash repair. It would have been nice to have them answer/respond to questions or give some details of the repairs but, I'm  sure they are busy enough getting our units back to us.

My cover for the quad's camera mount didn't make it back to me and I found this in the bottom of my case.  Sure hope it doesn't need to be somewhere important when I give it a test flight this weekend.

Does anyone know what this spring is for and where it is on the aircraft?

IMG_20150303_123228059_HDR~01.jpg
2015-3-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

stevejg16@gmail Posted at 2015-3-5 19:35
5 weeks door to door for mine, not a crash repair. It would have been nice to have them answer/respo ...

It might be a damping spring for the landing gear
2015-3-5
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.2

United States

Including shipping (4 days each way) Mine took 5 weeks. Arrived at DJI on January 30th and got it back on March 2nd.
2015-3-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

clintbarton@gma Posted at 2015-3-6 03:34
Including shipping (4 days each way) Mine took 5 weeks. Arrived at DJI on January 30th and got it ba ...

What kind of repairs did yours have? And what was the cost?
2015-3-5
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

5 weeks. New ESCs
2015-3-5
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

The thing that gets me and what is the typical lack of response is that Tahoe_Ed suggests he's going to look into what is happening with my unit and I provide an RMA for the world to see, but in fact does not really mean he was going to check into it. I'm trying to be polite on here, but it is becoming very difficult. Even my dealer who apparently sent an email to their contact in LA can't even get an answer!

This is unfortunate.
2015-3-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-6 12:18
The thing that gets me and what is the typical lack of response is that Tahoe_Ed suggests he's going ...

Hey man...Tahoe_Ed contacted me...try to be patient...I did a lot of research and the LA service center is relatively new...I'm sure these guys are working their butts off! They get so many emails a day and not to mention the amount drones that they must repair... Don't forget that they might be understaffed. A similar situation happened with me and Canon. These things happen...But try and email them again, I'm sure you will get a response
2015-3-5
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Could take this long

May take this long

No-one can really tell.

2015-3-5
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Hey Mountmotor, Great that he contacts you, but as an example I had bought an 2010 iMac, $3000.00, no apple care. The drive went south on my last year. I took it into the Apple Store fully expecting to pay for a replacement. Not only did they replace the drive for free (it was not a drive part of their recall) they replaced my screen for free because they felt it was discoloured on one side and could potentially fail. $1000.00 worth of parts. I also had a Sony Camera out of warranty that failed. They repaired it FREE! Before you say well, they are multi-billion $ companies. Exactly! Their products are sometimes not perfect,  they got there because of great customer service.

2015-3-6
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.2

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-3-6 08:06
What kind of repairs did yours have? And what was the cost?

I had an issue with the Camera. This was not a crash repair. I got a reply from support saying they replaced all 4 motors, flight controller (which they didn't replace), camera, and GPS module. Below is the issue I had with my camera that prompted the RMA.

http://youtu.be/Lux4GcfXzzM
2015-3-6
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

OK, so now this is becoming a joke. I attempted to contact online chat and their response, call DJI US Support. They do not have access to the US System to check RMA's. So I just tried to call US Support. It is 9:10am PST there. Press 1 for Inspire 1 and Ronin Questions. so only 10 minutes past the queue opening you get a cheese ball recording that sounds like it is recorded on a home answering machine saying that they are experiencing high call volumes, please try your call later. WHAT A JOKE!
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-7 01:15
OK, so now this is becoming a joke. I attempted to contact online chat and their response, call DJI  ...

That's is really weird man...I call them and I am placed on hold and then I get somebody on the phone...Where are you located?
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

clintbarton@gma Posted at 2015-3-6 23:56
I had an issue with the Camera. This was not a crash repair. I got a reply from support saying the ...

was this done under warranty? if not how much did it cost?
2015-3-6
Use props
flbstudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-7 01:15
OK, so now this is becoming a joke. I attempted to contact online chat and their response, call DJI  ...

Yea, I've been in touch with them multiple times...you're probably just "unlucky"...
2015-3-6
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

I'm located in Toronto.
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-7 04:31
I'm located in Toronto.

Canada has its own repair facility...have you tried contacting them?
2015-3-6
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Where is the Canadian Repair Facility? Can you give some contact info?
2015-3-6
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.2

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-3-7 03:30
was this done under warranty? if not how much did it cost?

Yes, all done under warranty. DJI also covered all shipping cost.
2015-3-6
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"But try and email them again, I'm sure you will get a response "

Best of luck to you. During my entire repair process any time I called they told me to email and that they could not answer any of my questions over the phone. Every single email I sent over an entire month went unanswered. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told this is not possible. You have zero recourse other than to wait with no form of communication besides auto emails that get sent when a status changes.

"Don't forget that they might be understaffed"

This is no excuse for a company that makes massive profits. If you neglect your customers they will eventually leave and go to your competitors. Right now, the Inspire is a product that I love far more than competitors products. Should a competitor make a similar product with real customer service I would have no reason to stay a DJI customer.

2015-3-6
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Canada has its own repair facility...have you tried contacting them?

There is no authorized service centres in Canada for the Inspire 1 as confirmed by DJI. Flying Camera's is the Canadian Distributor and they are only authorized to repair the Phantom and have been trying to work with DJI to get authorized on the Inspire 1.
2015-3-6
Use props
will
lvl.2

Canada

Sent mine off today

I get cheap shipping at work so it went 2nd Day UPS with full insurance.  I was quoted 3-4 weeks as well.  Assuming DJI will cover the shipping back but no offer was made to pay for shipping TO the repair center.

I've had my share of "fun" with support due to lack in clarity and conflicting information.  It was really unfortunate that a gimbal problem is what got me; my bird was functioning perfectly otherwise.

Oh well.  I've accepted it now and as long as they fix my bird and get it back to me in the time quoted, I'll be ok with that!
2015-3-6
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Does anyone know the cost of shipping from Seattle to DJI? I'm wondering if I should ship it from Vancouver, Canada or make the drive down to the states for shipping.
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

will@willbarnwe Posted at 2015-3-7 10:00
Sent mine off today

I get cheap shipping at work so it went 2nd Day UPS with full insurance.  I ...

Hey man...I feel your pain...FedEx says they delivered my Inspire to the LA facility on Tuesday...I have yet to hear from DJI that they checked it into their system. I am going through major withdrawals! lol
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-3-7 07:54
"But try and email them again, I'm sure you will get a response "

Best of luck to you. During my en ...

Where are you located?
2015-3-6
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Will, if you are in the US, they would have provided you with a shipping label. They will not offer it if you do not demand it.
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-7 10:54
Will, if you are in the US, they would have provided you with a shipping label. They will not offer  ...

damn! I didn't know that!
2015-3-6
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"Where are you located?"

In California
2015-3-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-3-7 13:34
"Where are you located?"

In California

Did you get your back Inspire yet? When did you send it in?
2015-3-7
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Yes, I can attest to definitely not thinking properly and asking for a label!

I'm really not trying to badmouth anyone, but the guy I spoke to the first time (that issued the RMA) really threw me off with how he was speaking to me and being generally unhelpful.  I know that there are probably a few process engineering issues that DJI is working through and the techs have likely had their fill of unhappy and rude customers.  I went into the convo being as nice and pleasant as I could but once I lost my patience, I was more focused on not going off on the guy on the phone than thinking clearly. Therefore, the thought of a label never crossed my mind.  

Live and learn, and thanks for letting me know!
2015-3-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-7 04:31
I'm located in Toronto.

Hey man, any update on your repair status?
2015-3-9
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

I tried to be smart this morning and started calling California just before 9am PST. I was literally the first person in the queue. I spoke to a nice guy, Oscar who basically was truthful. He said the original message where they stated it was going to be 3-4 weeks is correct, but he did say for parts swap it might be 2-3 weeks. Not sure why the other person couldn't simply tell me that. They almost made it seem like it would be a week. I guess that's what to expect from DJI.

My ultimate concern is flying the unit again. It is actually scary to read all the posts where potentially it is not pilot error and an issue with software. I get what others say that their units work perfectly both experienced and inexperienced, but when you are potentially dealing with a device that can fall from the sky with a force of over 700 lbs, damaging property or hurting people, shouldn't DJI be actively addressing many of the compass errors, calibration issues, GPS. I have read so many reports from seasoned operators that their units have simply drifted away and fell to the ground, yet there are also so many that are amateurs who report amazing flights.

For right now I will remain patient and hope that this is resolved and I can confidentially fly my unit.

Thanks mountmotor for asking.
2015-3-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules