No 4K Video Recording for Samsung S8 Plus with Osmo Mobile
6812 10 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4a530e07
lvl.2

Singapore

Good day! Using Samsung S8 Plus with Osmo Mobile. There is no 4K video recording option in the app.
Only 1080p is available. Previously using S7 Edge and 4K recording is available. Hope there will be an
update soon. Thanks for your attention!

2017-4-25
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

mind your s8 plus system version and osmo mobile firmware version?
2017-4-25
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

Android Version : 7.0
DJI Go Version : 3.1.5 (597_go3_gpPhone)
2017-4-25
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

You'd bee better off using the Samsung camera app for 4k anyway. The DJI app doesn't offer any benefits when shooting 4k!
2017-4-26
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

I used DJI app for S7 Edge, 4K videos turned out to be pretty good. I would have bought a normal gimbal if I were to use stock camera app...
2017-4-26
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

DexterChua Posted at 2017-4-26 00:09
I used DJI app for S7 Edge, 4K videos turned out to be pretty good. I would have bought a normal gimbal if I were to use stock camera app...

Yes exactly, had I known DJI was gonna support their software so poorly I would have bought a different stabilizer. Seems they're only keen on supporting iOS with Android always getting the back burner. I've owned this thing since Oct 2016 and haven't used the DJI Go app for anything more than calibrating the gimbal due to slow fixes and updates. Ah well, lesson learned. I won't be purchasing any DJI products that require use of a smartphone!
2017-5-2
Use props
OzanFlorida
lvl.2
United States

DexterChua Posted at 2017-4-26 00:09

How did u record 4K in Dji Go ?
2017-5-5
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

DJI Go for S7 Edge can use 4K recording but not S8 Plus.
2017-5-5
Use props
Topgear987
lvl.1
United Kingdom

bradgonemad Posted at 2017-4-26 00:02
You'd bee better off using the Samsung camera app for 4k anyway. The DJI app doesn't offer any benefits when shooting 4k!

Hi, no thats not correct. The app has the killer benefit that I bought it for over the samsung camera - it has the tracking feature; choose your target and the camera and gimbal lock on to it. SO disappointed DJI havent sorted for s8 yet.....
2017-5-7
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

Totally agree with Topgear987!
I've same issues with Samsung Galaxy S8. I'm currently using version 3.1.4 and (at least) it doesn't crash.
I'm disappointed with DJI software development team. Thousands S8 devices were sold already and still many many limitations on it (4k recording not available and many other issues).
Also I'm desperately hope that AF/AE lock will be possible in the motion timelapses avoiding refocus on every shot, as well as 4k motion timelapses.

DJI team, please improve your after sale support as many customers are disappointed about DJI go application! We paid a lot of bucks more than other products especially for features like motion timelapses and tracking function. So what's the point to spend such money if hardware is not well supported by software?
2017-5-7
Use props
SteveHHY
New

Mozambique

Topgear987 Posted at 2017-5-7 06:32
Hi, no thats not correct. The app has the killer benefit that I bought it for over the samsung camera - it has the tracking feature; choose your target and the camera and gimbal lock on to it. SO disappointed DJI havent sorted for s8 yet.....

Hi what firmware version are you using on your Gimbal? I have an S7 and have not upgrade the gimbal firmware due to bad comments about the tracking version not working after applying the latest update.
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules