Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi all,

I have just sent a support ticket to DJI about this, but in the meantime, hoping that someone else may know how to solve this issue.

Here is what I sent to DJI:
Today I was flying my inspire 2 and with no warning message the craft stopped receiving stick input for the YAW command.  
So I landed and I restarted the craft the DJI Go4 App, and the remote.  It made no difference.  I even took the batteries off the craft during that process.
After taking off again, I still cannot YAW the craft.  I thought maybe there is a problem in the modes.  So, I tried to use course lock mode.  I discovered that it can YAW in course lock mode.  But, when I go back into normal mode, I cannot YAW.  

Any pointers would be great.

Perhaps I just need to refresh the firmware...

It has not had this problem before I think this was flight # 20 since purchase.

Thanks!

2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

update

IGNORE THE ABOVE POST PLEASE.  I've been trying to figure it out.  I adjusted the gimbal settings today to increase the expo of pitch and yaw etc for the gimbal and also adjusted the YAW of the camera in follow mode to be a lot softer.  I think that must have affected the flight operation.  Will charge tonight then try it out in the morning.  Well its still good to know how those settings effect the flight, right?
2017-4-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Depending on which firmware version you have, you may need to:
1) Enable free mode, click programmable switch and then rotate the left thumbwheel (1.0.0240)
OR
2) Program Yaw/Pitch on C1 and then click and hold the button to yaw (1.0.0330)
http://forum.dji.com/thread-87311-1-1.html

2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-4-26 03:46
IGNORE THE ABOVE POST PLEASE.  I've been trying to figure it out.  I adjusted the gimbal settings today to increase the expo of pitch and yaw etc for the gimbal and also adjusted the YAW of the camera in follow mode to be a lot softer.  I think that must have affected the flight operation.  Will charge tonight then try it out in the morning.  Well its still good to know how those settings effect the flight, right?

It's good to hear that you may have found the root cause. Please let us know how the test flight went.
2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Yup I will!
2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 15:03
It's good to hear that you may have found the root cause. Please let us know how the test flight went.

Tested again today. Went well.

If you go to the advanced settings to adjust the main gimbal settings, all the way at the bottom there is a setting to adjust the speed of the camera YAW when in follow mode.

What I have discovered is that setting does not actually effect the camera YAW at all, it effects the YAW of the craft... Who'd have known, huh. Good to test these things anyways I suppose, right.
2017-4-28
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

I love this forum--no yaw today and I remembered reading this thread a while ago--sure enough, I set the wrong setting--thanks!
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Orind Posted at 2017-10-29 16:54
I love this forum--no yaw today and I remembered reading this thread a while ago--sure enough, I set the wrong setting--thanks!

This is the meaning of Forum existing. Glad to know it helps.
Happy flying.
2017-10-29
Use props
Mosquito Slayer
lvl.1
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-4-28 02:19

If you go to the advanced settings to adjust the main gimbal settings, all the way at the bottom there is a setting to adjust the speed of the camera YAW when in follow mode.

i am having the same problem. The drone will not yaw unless in free mode but then the gimball camera does not follow the path of flight. i need to click the C1 button continuously to get the gimball to stay centered. annoying. what did you set the setting too? i followed a post and set it to 45 but that did not work.
2018-12-20
Use props
Mosquito Slayer
lvl.1
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-4-28 02:19

i am having the same problem. The drone will not yaw unless in free mode but then the gimball camera does not follow the path of flight. i need to click the C1 button continuously to get the gimball to stay centered. annoying. what did you set the setting too? i followed a post and set it to 45 but that did not work.
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules