Dual video on custom rig?
1960 13 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anyone got dual video running on a custom rig?

N3, X3, LB2, Channel expansion kit

Wanting to run a FPV camera also. Ive tried all combination of settings on the HD page in the Go app and its not playing ball.

I can get video from the X3 on both the app and HDMI monitor but I cant get the FPV camera feed up at all, and certainly cant get both up.

FPV camera is connected to the AV socket on LB2, X3 is connected via the gimbal port on LB2,

IN the HD seciton of the app ive tried all variations of the below settings:

bandwidth allocation to 50%, 80/20% and 20/80%
EXT port both on and off
App out to LB, HDMI, AV and EXT

(thats all the settings there are to play with)

If anyone can supply a screen shot or details of settings it working be grateful!!

H
2017-4-26
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

To DJI

we have been speaking with other users who have the channel expansion kit and they are in the same boat. Missing features and no dual screen.

Possible bug with app / channel expansion kit??

Please take a look, really need it working

H
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-4-26 12:52
To DJI

we have been speaking with other users who have the channel expansion kit and they are in the same boat. Missing features and no dual screen.

Just to clarify, is the RC firmware up to date? Did you reapply any firmware after installing the channel expansion kit?
2017-4-26
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152060 ft
United States

Dual video works fine with my N3/LB2/X5 (and SJCam M10 as the second camera) along with the channel expansion kit. You do know you can't have PIP on the smart device, right? Only over HDMI out.
2017-4-26
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That is hopeful! ;)

I don't have PIP option anymore, it's not there.

Any chance you can show me a screen shot of your settings please and also versions you are on for:

App
LB2

I would be extreamyl grateful!!

H
2017-4-26
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 15:19
Just to clarify, is the RC firmware up to date? Did you reapply any firmware after installing the channel expansion kit?

Yes LB2 air and ground on latest version, app on latest version, X3 and N3 on latest version.

If someone could confirm exactly what the settings should be in the app to get dual video I would be grateful.

PS I still have missing bits from the HD section in the App - clarification on what I should be seeing would be helpful.

A colleague spoke to someone else in the US with the same setup, who said they had the same results (options missing in HD section of APP) and had reporting it to DJI engineer?

H
2017-4-27
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

BuffaloJustin Posted at 2017-4-26 18:55
Dual video works fine with my N3/LB2/X5 (and SJCam M10 as the second camera) along with the channel expansion kit. You do know you can't have PIP on the smart device, right? Only over HDMI out.

BuffaloJustin

I suspect your gimbal connects to the LB2 via HSMI? and the 2nd camera via AV? If so then that is different from my setup.

Ive now exhausted all button, slider/switch configurations with no luck.

To confirm my setup, I have the X3 connected to the gimbal port on the LB2 (via matrice mount) and the FPV camera connected via the AV port on the LB2.

I can get the X3 on both the tablet and monitor, or the FPV camera on both the tablet and monitor, what I cant do is get the X3 on one device and the FPV on the other simultaneously.

HELP PLEASE
2017-4-27
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
United States

I am using an X5, so it connects to the gimbal port. Second camera is attached to the HDMI port. "Dual video" as you define it is not an option; you can't have one feed on the smart device and the other feed on an HDMI monitor. You'd need two radios if you want to do this. LB2 supports dual video in the form of PIP only.
2017-4-28
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

BuffaloJustin Posted at 2017-4-28 02:55
I am using an X5, so it connects to the gimbal port. Second camera is attached to the HDMI port. "Dual video" as you define it is not an option; you can't have one feed on the smart device and the other feed on an HDMI monitor. You'd need two radios if you want to do this. LB2 supports dual video in the form of PIP only.

So if I uses PIP, could I have the second video source on the monitor and the other on the tablet?

Also, problem is when you have the channel expansion kit installed as I do, it seems the PIP option is no longer available you only have LB or EXT)

see: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;extra=#pid779989
2017-4-30
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
United States

When pip works; Yes you can have one feed or the other on the smart device, and you can have both feeds on the HDMI monitor (you choose which feed is shown large and which is small). However, after testing, I am in agreement with you; the channel expansion kit has broken PIP.
2017-4-30
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

BuffaloJustin Posted at 2017-4-30 12:36
When pip works; Yes you can have one feed or the other on the smart device, and you can have both feeds on the HDMI monitor (you choose which feed is shown large and which is small). However, after testing, I am in agreement with you; the channel expansion kit has broken PIP.

Thanks! Its good to know I am not going mad!

DJI moderators - can you comment or let me know the correct way to report this bug please?
2017-5-1
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well for anyone else wanting to know the official answer from DJI - here it is:

"Yes, the PIP option will no longer work with the expansion board. Because the new module can’t handle two signal sources. The customer must use a slave RC which does not have an expansion kit installed to support PIP."

So there you have it.
2017-5-3
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-5-3 05:13
Well for anyone else wanting to know the official answer from DJI - here it is:

"Yes, the PIP option will no longer work with the expansion board. Because the new module can’t handle two signal sources. The customer must use a slave RC which does not have an expansion kit installed to support PIP."

Did you get this from DJI support or one of the reps on RCGroups? Just curious.
2017-5-3
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rep on rcgroups
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules