Gimbal Overload Message
790 6 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
THLVTX
New
United States

I was flying yesterday and started receiving a gimbal overload message.  I noticed that I was unable to control the camera with my remote and it was stuck pointing down.  It was a little windy while flying so I just thought maybe the wind was overworking it, so I put it up until today.  Today there is no wind so I thought I would try again.  As soon as I turned it on, the gimbal didn't set itself and is just hanging down.  The remote will move it a little, but not fully upright or fully back down and I am getting the overload message again.

Anyone have similar problems and know of a fix?  

Thanks for the help!
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, please try to replug the 6pin and 8pin cables on the gimbal then try again.
Besides, did you crash the aircraft before?
2017-4-26
Use props
Ty4writer
New
United States

Hi, I have a similar problem.  My drone was crashed damaged and now I get the same error. I took the gimbal apart and when I remove the camera mount from the roll motor, it began to spin uncontrollably.  Do I need to replace that motor?
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ty4writer Posted at 2017-4-27 05:15
Hi, I have a similar problem.  My drone was crashed damaged and now I get the same error. I took the gimbal apart and when I remove the camera mount from the roll motor, it began to spin uncontrollably.  Do I need to replace that motor?

Have you already checked the ribbon cables for damage?
2017-4-27
Use props
Ty4writer
New
United States

Yes, and I have replaced them. Still has the issue
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ty4writer Posted at 2017-4-28 17:07
Yes, and I have replaced them. Still has the issue

When you rotate the gimbal motors by hand, do you feel any friction?
2017-4-28
Use props
fans70703b34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28543 ft
United States

I don't know if you fixed the issue yet or not, but I never crashed mine and received the same message and issue.  The screw holding the motor shaft in place had backed out and the shaft needed realigned.  Test flight tomorrow, hopefully it fixed the issue.  Powering on for now and all seems back to normal.  
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules