Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Locked Camera Setting Dial
7707 38 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need some help, not sure how I managed to do this but the camera setting dial is locked. I can't change the shutter speed or ISO. Anyone know how to unlock it?
IMG_0091.jpg
2017-4-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, don't yell at me but did you press the dial in to change the setting?

Rich
2017-4-26
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:08
Okay, don't yell at me but did you press the dial in to change the setting?

Rich

No reason to yell when someone is trying too help. The answer is yes, its what I've done for a long time , it has worked in the past with the Inspire 2, it still works on the Inspire 1. Just noticed the change a month or so ago, not sure what combination of something or the other I did for it to lock, have tried to reset everything but still no luck, did not see any notations in the user manual of this so I'm just stuck, have to do it the hard way.
2017-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-4-27 06:31
No reason to yell when someone is trying too help. The answer is yes, its what I've done for a long time , it has worked in the past with the Inspire 2, it still works on the Inspire 1. Just noticed the change a month or so ago, not sure what combination of something or the other I did for it to lock, have tried to reset everything but still no luck, did not see any notations in the user manual of this so I'm just stuck, have to do it the hard way.

sometimes when someone says, hey my computer is not working and you tell them to check and see if it is plugged in... (they yell at you)    I figured you were doing it right.

Did you try the remote control reset?  
Try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller

Sorry I do not have the Inspire 2 yet and cannot research it more for you....
Rich
2017-4-27
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just press the dial and it will unlock, keep pressing for different setting, ISO, Aperture etc. It is just a reminder that the wheel is locked unless you press it to select.
2017-4-27
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-27 08:52
sometimes when someone says, hey my computer is not working and you tell them to check and see if it is plugged in... (they yell at you)    I figured you were doing it right.

Did you try the remote control reset?  

Thank you will try later this evening and share
2017-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-4-27 09:07
Just press the dial and it will unlock, keep pressing for different setting, ISO, Aperture etc. It is just a reminder that the wheel is locked unless you press it to select.

Hi Cougar
That is the way the P4P works for me too.  I hope all is well with you, did you get your I2 back from the shop and more importantly is it fixed?

Rich
2017-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-4-27 11:30
Thank you will try later this evening and share

Like cougar is staying, press the dial wheel and you will see the ISO highlight in blue, then keep pressing and you will see it move to shutter & F stop, next is EV.  

Rich
2017-4-27
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-27 14:53
Like cougar is staying, press the dial wheel and you will see the ISO highlight in blue, then keep pressing and you will see it move to shutter & F stop, next is EV.  

Rich

Sorry Gents, when I press the dial and turn it, it is when it gives me the error message that it is locked and to gently press it, but it does not work and I get the message again.

Don't want to send to DJI for this issue, will wait and live thru it. Thanks much
2017-4-27
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-27 14:50
Hi Cougar
That is the way the P4P works for me too.  I hope all is well with you, did you get your I2 back from the shop and more importantly is it fixed?

Hi Rich, yes all back and working just fine. Getting all set up for the summer, all my certs are done so hope to have a great one. How about you Rich, all good, new toys?
2017-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-4-27 15:15
Sorry Gents, when I press the dial and turn it, it is when it gives me the error message that it is locked and to gently press it, but it does not work and I get the message again.

Don't want to send to DJI for this issue, will wait and live thru it. Thanks much

snath

sorry man... I don't blame you for not wanting to send it in just yet.  One other thing that could help: uninstall the DJI Go 4 App and then reinstall it, maybe something or a file is corrupted causing this issue? Make sure you sync- the flight records to the DJI server first

Keep us posted if you figure something out
Rich
2017-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-4-27 16:33
Hi Rich, yes all back and working just fine. Getting all set up for the summer, all my certs are done so hope to have a great one. How about you Rich, all good, new toys?

Hi Cougar
Great news on getting your I2 ready to go!   I do not have any news yet and maybe wait for the V2 to come out    Glad you have your certs .. now all you need is some good weather to fly (and jobs)  How is the crazy drone rules affecting you? I really feel bad for you guys

Rich
2017-4-27
Use props
fansab90ee32
New
United States

I am having the same problem. I cannot get the camera to pan, or the right dial to unlock at all. any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
sean
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansab90ee32 Posted at 2017-6-7 11:23
I am having the same problem. I cannot get the camera to pan, or the right dial to unlock at all. any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
sean

Try the following button combinations to make sure everything is communicating properly:

* Turn on the RC, and leave the aircraft off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter and then turn the it off.
* While still holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relinking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the RC.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the RC, which will produce a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding them.
* While still holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the RC (ISO). The LED indicator on the RC will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to push in the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Let me know if there's any change.
2017-6-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 16:08
Try the following button combinations to make sure everything is communicating properly:

Hi Jamie
I just got my new Inspire 2 and the props are loose. I received it on June 3 and was expecting the new version 2 props to be included!

Can you help me get this resolved please
Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-12 12:58
Hi Jamie
I just got my new Inspire 2 and the props are loose. I received it on June 3 and was expecting the new version 2 props to be included!

Did you happen to buy spare props? If so, have you tried those just to confirm that it isn't the mounts themselves? The North American Support team would be able to help you out with getting replacement ones sent out to you. It woult help, though just to make sure that it's only the props and not the mounting kit as well.
2017-6-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-13 16:11
Did you happen to buy spare props? If so, have you tried those just to confirm that it isn't the mounts themselves? The North American Support team would be able to help you out with getting replacement ones sent out to you. It woult help, though just to make sure that it's only the props and not the mounting kit as well.

Hi Jamie

I have the extra set of props that came with the Inspire 2 plus the bag of 2 extra hubs (screws were missing)

I tried switching props around and they do not seem any better (IMO)  I put one set on and flew one 14 minute flight. The Inspire 2 flew very well and couldn't be happier. The props are still loose and most likely will get worst as time is put on them.

What do you think I should do at this point?  Will DJI just send out some new props V2 and Hubs too?

Let me know
Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-4-27 15:15

snath
Not sure if you managed to get this going again. I have the message coming up on my P4P and Inspire 2. Once I push the thumb wheel the settings can be changed like normal.

May uninstalling the App and install it fresh will fix this for you??

Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-14 15:48
Hi Jamie

I have the extra set of props that came with the Inspire 2 plus the bag of 2 extra hubs (screws were missing)

They would be able to send replacement mounts and props for you. If you haven't already, I'd recommend sending Support and email. If you did and haven't had a response yet, let me know the case number and I can follow up with it.
2017-6-14
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-14 15:52
snath
Not sure if you managed to get this going again. I have the message coming up on my P4P and Inspire 2. Once I push the thumb wheel the settings can be changed like normal.

Hi Richj53,

I still have not been able to get it to work, I did uninstall the APP and re-installed but nothing happened. Same results. Don't want to send it in with all the horror stories of getting someone else' s equipment. It is a nuisance but not sure what I can do at this point.

appreciate the following up

Sanjaya
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-6-14 18:30
Hi Richj53,

I still have not been able to get it to work, I did uninstall the APP and re-installed but nothing happened. Same results. Don't want to send it in with all the horror stories of getting someone else' s equipment. It is a nuisance but not sure what I can do at this point.

Sanjaya

This is really a strange one! Have you updated to the latest FW version? Wondering if DJI has a fix either in the Go 4 App or the FW build?

So sorry you are still having trouble. I wonder if your aircraft logs or remote logs would give DJI CS some insight to the problem?  

Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 17:36
They would be able to send replacement mounts and props for you. If you haven't already, I'd recommend sending Support and email. If you did and haven't had a response yet, let me know the case number and I can follow up with it.

Jamie,

I have not called or emailed yet. I will give this a try and see what they say.

Thank you for the follow up
Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-14 18:45
Sanjaya

This is really a strange one! Have you updated to the latest FW version? Wondering if DJI has a fix either in the Go 4 App or the FW build?

Hi Richj53,

I have the latest firmware on the aircraft and RC. I think there is a bug somewhere that is causing it. I thought of downgrading the aircraft but did not know if that would really fix the RC issue so have not tried it.

Sanjaya
2017-6-14
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-14 18:45
Sanjaya

Hi Richj53,

Do you know of a way to downgrade the RC, maybe that sheds some light?

Sanjaya
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-14 18:46
Jamie,

I have not called or emailed yet. I will give this a try and see what they say.

They'll help you get it sorted in no time.
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-6-14 20:42
Hi Richj53,

Do you know of a way to downgrade the RC, maybe that sheds some light?

Okay,
With the new Go 4 App you need to tap and hold the three lines in the top right of the home page (not the graduation hat anymore) then follow the video the rest of the way. Please keep in mind that you can usually only downgrade one level of FW.  I hope this helps you
Rich
2017-6-15
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-15 08:35
Okay,
With the new Go 4 App you need to tap and hold the three lines in the top right of the home page (not the graduation hat anymore) then follow the video the rest of the way. Please keep in mind that you can usually only downgrade one level of FW.  I hope this helps you
Rich

Hi Richj53,

Tried this today, downgraded and still the same results, dial is still locked. Re-updated to see if that would help, still the same results. Not sure what has happened.

Thanks for taking the time, not sure what else can do without sending it in which I'm not doing at this stage.

Sanjaya
2017-6-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-6-15 21:26
Hi Richj53,

Tried this today, downgraded and still the same results, dial is still locked. Re-updated to see if that would help, still the same results. Not sure what has happened.

Hi Sanjaya

That is disappointing news.  (it could be the remote dial push switch?) I am out of ideas too... or is your camera is not talking to the App. Could you visually check the cables and also, take the camera off and check the contact slot? What camera do you have X4S or X5S?  report back if you find anything,
Maybe DJI can comment too?  

Did you try the factory reset? and did you all ready try the remote reset too?
This is just weird

Rich
2017-6-15
Use props
Dan Sanchez
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Phantom 4 Pro and I am having the same issue. The camera moves up and down but it does not pan from side to side. I get the "right dial locked, please press to adjust." message. I press to adjust but nothing happens.
2017-12-25
Use props
Dan Sanchez
lvl.1
United States

Dan Sanchez Posted at 2017-12-25 08:14
I just got my Phantom 4 Pro and I am having the same issue. The camera moves up and down but it does not pan from side to side. I get the "right dial locked, please press to adjust." message. I press to adjust but nothing happens.

I've tried this:

* Press C1, C2, and shutter and then turn the it off.
* While still holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relinking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the RC.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the RC, which will produce a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding them.
* While still holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the RC (ISO). The LED indicator on the RC will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to push in the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

with no luck, still says that it's locked.
2017-12-25
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dan Sanchez Posted at 2017-12-25 08:27
I've tried this:

Don't think it is the same issue, you may want to check the status of your FPV camera setting, one of the settings unlocks the motion to go 360 degrees. The issue I had was where the dial was not letting me change settings for the camera.
2017-12-25
Use props
iceboxvideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1394659 ft
United Kingdom

snath Posted at 2017-12-25 12:39
Don't think it is the same issue, you may want to check the status of your FPV camera setting, one of the settings unlocks the motion to go 360 degrees. The issue I had was where the dial was not letting me change settings for the camera.

I have the same problem, going to speak to Heliguy Uk tomorrow
2018-1-11
Use props
fans283ef9b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33307 ft
Iran

Hi there, Please help me. please forgive me for bad english writing. I have a Phantom 4 pro since 2016. I watched a video on youtube about the ability of setting aperture and also pan motion. my problem is , my dji go 4 has not any feature for aperture and expose setting. My app is completely different than ones I see in your tutorials. even I delete and re-download and install again and again but nothing changes.
could you please let me know how can I solve this issue?
2018-3-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans283ef9b0 Posted at 2018-3-7 06:33
Hi there, Please help me. please forgive me for bad english writing. I have a Phantom 4 pro since 2016. I watched a video on youtube about the ability of setting aperture and also pan motion. my problem is , my dji go 4 has not any feature for aperture and expose setting. My app is completely different than ones I see in your tutorials. even I delete and re-download and install again and again but nothing changes.
could you please let me know how can I solve this issue?

Hello
What device are you using and DJI Go 4 App version?  You should have the same main features, but Android vs iOS will be different.

Aperture settings are found inside the camera icon or the home screen  
pan settings are found inside the gimbal / advanced settings
Please see my screen shots for the areas you are asking about.
I hope this helps
Rich

IMG_9750.PNG IMG_9751.PNG IMG_9752.PNG IMG_9753.PNG IMG_9754.PNG IMG_9755.PNG IMG_9756.PNG IMG_9757.PNG IMG_9758.PNG IMG_9759.PNG
2018-3-7
Use props
fans283ef9b0
lvl.1
France

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-7 09:40
Hello
What device are you using and DJI Go 4 App version?  You should have the same main features, but Android vs iOS will be different.

Dear Rich
I appreciate your prompt reply.
this is what I'm talking about. your app is completely different with my app. You can check out following screenshots. My drone is Phantom 4 pro, My device is iPhone 8 plus IOS version 11.2.6, Version Of DJI GO 4 is 4.2.6.
Thank you for your kind attention
Vahid

2018-3-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans283ef9b0 Posted at 2018-3-7 14:12
Dear Rich
I appreciate your prompt reply.
this is what I'm talking about. your app is completely different with my app. You can check out following screenshots. My drone is Phantom 4 pro, My device is iPhone 8 plus IOS version 11.2.6, Version Of DJI GO 4 is 4.2.6.

Hi,
I am using the iPhone 8 Plus for these screenshots. I am not on the latest version of the Go 4 App, but it should be pretty close

Based on your screenshots; You are in Video mode and the settings follow the mode you are shooting in. Change it to Photo mode and these will change as well.
Rich

IMG_9775.PNG IMG_9776.PNG IMG_9777.PNG IMG_9778.PNG IMG_9779.PNG IMG_9780.PNG IMG_9781.PNG
2018-3-7
Use props
fans283ef9b0
lvl.1
France

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-7 17:19
Hi,
I am using the iPhone 8 Plus for these screenshots. I am not on the latest version of the Go 4 App, but it should be pretty close

Dear Rich,

I bother you too much. I did it already, I changed the modes and try, but still is the same. I saw your screenshots, the version of your app is different. Could it be the reason? what you think? Could it be better to downgrade the version of DJI GO app? and how can I do it?
I'm really confused and frustrated. I have no idea how to solve it. by the way I download the DJI Go app on other device (iPhone 5S) and connected it to the drone, but that is also the same!  So I conclude that the issue may not relates to the app and it's version (just a theory), in other hand, each time that I download the DJI GO and before that I connect the iPhone to the drone, the interface of the app is the same and there is no mentioned features.

2018-3-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans283ef9b0 Posted at 2018-3-8 03:51
Dear Rich,

I bother you too much. I did it already, I changed the modes and try, but still is the same. I saw your screenshots, the version of your app is different. Could it be the reason? what you think? Could it be better to downgrade the version of DJI GO app? and how can I do it?

Hi again,

Sorry for your frustration and continued problems.

Because this original thread tittle is not related to your issue or the drone, may I respectfully suggest,  starting a new post over on the Phantom forum.  example: "" Help with Go 4 App features and settings for my P4P""  repost your screenshots....

** This will give you more visibility for the DJI reps to give you some official pointers or solutions. Or some of the other P4P users could have seen this same problem with the latest Go 4 App. I have not updated my Go 4 App on my iPad or iPhone 8+ because everything has been working just fine for me. (if it isn't broke, don't fix it)

The only reason I say this is because you would receive more ideas or help from this drone group.

All the best
Rich
2018-3-8
Use props
fans283ef9b0
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-8 09:04
Hi again,

Sorry for your frustration and continued problems.

Thank you so much dear Rich.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules