Problem - Gimbal motor overloaded
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

Hi

I noticed a strange vibration coming from the "Gimbal" when I calibrate the "IMU". Precisely the strange noise comes when I am driving the drone to the left, after which I read on the display of my RC "Gimbal motor overloaded". I want to point out that the calibration is performed successfully but the odd noise remains. I would like to know if this is normal for you? I also send you a video showing the type of problem.

2017-4-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is probably normal, by tilting the aircraft over at such an extreme angle, the gimbal motor is hitting it's end stops. This would not happen under normal flying conditions.
2017-4-26
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-26 23:26
It is probably normal, by tilting the aircraft over at such an extreme angle, the gimbal motor is hitting it's end stops. This would not happen under normal flying conditions.

I have seen this message whilst flying in sport mode banking through a turn.
2017-4-27
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

When doing the calibration.. turn the drone a little further over, the camera will reset itself.. when it does this - sit the phantom down the rest of the way.. The camera will stay and you will have a vibration free calibration as well..
2017-4-27
Use props
Frenck
lvl.2
Italy

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-27 12:18
When doing the calibration.. turn the drone a little further over, the camera will reset itself.. when it does this - sit the phantom down the rest of the way.. The camera will stay and you will have a vibration free calibration as well..

Hi.
Sorry, but I did not understand very well the process you're doing during calibration. Could you tell me better, maybe with a video? Thank you very much.
2017-4-27
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Frenck Posted at 2017-4-27 21:54
Hi.
Sorry, but I did not understand very well the process you're doing during calibration. Could you tell me better, maybe with a video? Thank you very much.

I can't make a video but I will try to explain it a little better.. When you get ready to set your Phantom on its side for the calibration - tilt it further until the camera stops trying to stay level with the horizon. It will do this once it is tilted far enough.. Then gently set it down like the diagram shows.
2017-4-28
Use props
Frenck
lvl.2
Italy

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-28 07:29
I can't make a video but I will try to explain it a little better.. When you get ready to set your Phantom on its side for the calibration - tilt it further until the camera stops trying to stay level with the horizon. It will do this once it is tilted far enough.. Then gently set it down like the diagram shows.

I would like to know if you've had the same problem with your Phantom 4 Pro? Because I've noticed, in many youtube videos, that when the drone slides on your hip, you hear the weird Gimbal noise. I want to make sure that this noise can also be felt without performing IMU calibration ...
2017-4-28
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Frenck Posted at 2017-4-28 11:16
I would like to know if you've had the same problem with your Phantom 4 Pro? Because I've noticed, in many youtube videos, that when the drone slides on your hip, you hear the weird Gimbal noise. I want to make sure that this noise can also be felt without performing IMU calibration ...

It is normal because the gimbal is trying to correct for a situation that it has no physical way to correct (it's at its maximum angle).. In flight this would only be a momentary thing flying in sports mode. Even my P4 standard will whine when it can't move any further..
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules