Image and Video Fuzzy in Middle
725 10 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc0b6aaae
lvl.1
New Zealand

I repaired my DJI Phantom 4 from DJI about few months ago and they said they put the new camera on as the old one was faulty but even the new one is give same problem my images and video in middle are Mushy or fuzzy. can anyone else have same issue over and over again?
2017-4-27
Use props
JB PREC
New
Canada

I just got my phantom 4 and I'm having the same issue.  I have attached a video.  I want the center of the video or image to be clear, but the edges are clearly much sharper!  Help please!
2017-4-27
Use props
fansa8fa292d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138192 ft
United States

JB PREC Posted at 2017-4-27 08:53
I just got my phantom 4 and I'm having the same issue.  I have attached a video.  I want the center of the video or image to be clear, but the edges are clearly much sharper!  Help please!Phantom 4 - fuzzy middle

I'm not sure about the fuzziness issue, but I'd highly suggest filming in manual mode.

And that include's auto white balance.

2017-4-27
Use props
JB PREC
New
Canada

This is what DJI told me to do.  I'll let you know if it gets any better...

1. Reset camera settings in your DJI Go App
2. Format the SD Card you are using to capture the footage.
For SD cards 32GB below format it to FAT32 and for 32GB up choose ExFAT.
3. Make sure all firmware are updated.
4. Use another compatible device.

iOS Version v4.0.7.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.6.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-4-29
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I see what you are talking about.. Looks like the lens isn't right..   I would send it back to have them look at it if it is still under warranty.. Neither of my drones have that issue (P4 and P4Pro).. I would send it in..
2017-4-29
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

JB PREC Posted at 2017-4-29 08:04
This is what DJI told me to do.  I'll let you know if it gets any better...

1. Reset camera settings in your DJI Go App

You should call and ask for a second opinion. If you used their online chat feature forget it.. Call them, the online help isn't reliable.
2017-4-29
Use props
JB PREC
New
Canada

My first contact with them was by email.  They emailed back those instructions.  I've completed all the instruction and it's still not better.  I will definitely give them a call to discuss warranty.  Any other suggestions?
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you gotten in contact with Support about this? Could you provide a sample of what you're gettting?
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JB PREC Posted at 2017-5-4 07:51
My first contact with them was by email.  They emailed back those instructions.  I've completed all the instruction and it's still not better.  I will definitely give them a call to discuss warranty.  Any other suggestions?

If you just got this from a dealer, you should go back to them for an exchange. If you're outside of their exchange period, then sending the unit into DJI would be the next best course of action.
2017-5-5
Use props
fansc0b6aaae
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 16:48
If you just got this from a dealer, you should go back to them for an exchange. If you're outside of their exchange period, then sending the unit into DJI would be the next best course of action.

Hi Jamie,

It happen before as well and i took it back to the place where i bought it they checked it and said lens is faulty and they need to send it to Hong kong to get it fixed. it took about a month to get my drone back and i was told that DJI changed it camera and cable that was faulty.
But i am still getting the same issue where my photo and videos are sharp from the sid but in middle a spot that is about couple of centimeters big is always blurry and fuzzy that is ruining my videos and photos.
Please let me know what can i do i am still cover under warranty shell i take my drone back to the place where i bought it here in New Zealand?
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansc0b6aaae Posted at 2017-5-9 02:04
Hi Jamie,

It happen before as well and i took it back to the place where i bought it they checked it and said lens is faulty and they need to send it to Hong kong to get it fixed. it took about a month to get my drone back and i was told that DJI changed it camera and cable that was faulty.

I would recommend sending it back to the dealer to try and have it addressed.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules