Bug with 1.2.0.17 FW-can't fly without camera!!
2901 12 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

It starts with an issue with camera - gimbal fully working but no video feed.
The camera shiped back to Dji for a fix, but when trying to fly without it, i found that even when the camera not attchaed to the drone i still getting the red "No Signal" indicator.

So after a few long converstion with Dji by chat and email, i went to my local dealer today and we start checking everything.

We had 2 full sets of Inspire 1.
We tried etch drone with the two RC’s and two Cameras.

One of the sets was on the previous  FW before our test so we checked everything first with that.

We found out that:
1. My RC is fully working without any issues.
2. My Drone is working good
3. My Camera is dead. can move the gimbal but no video

For the "No Signal” issue we found some disturbing findings!

With the previous version - even when the camera was NOT attached there was no “No Signal” and you could fly GPS or OPTI

With the new latest version 1.2.0.17 - when there is a camera attached everything work great, BUT, when there is NO camera attached you get a “No Signal” on both RC’s and Drones and can not take off using GPS or OPTI because it never gets to the green (or yellow for only Opti)  “Safe to fly” indication! the only way we could take of is by disabling Beginner mode and flying ATTI.

So from our research the conclusion is that with the new FW version there is a bug that would always indicate for No Signal and therefore not let you get the green/yellow "Safe to fly" and fly with GPS or OPTI!

I hope it will help DJI to zoom in on the bug and fix it so we all will be able to fly without a Camera attached, in GPS or OPTI.

2015-3-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Thanks for your report.
Could you pls take a video of this issue. Then take a screenshot of the setting>>about page?
And pls send the file "WM610_FW_RESULT_AB" in hidden "LOG" folder to autumn.a@dji.com.
Thanks!

2015-3-5
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

Thanks for your report.

Hi Dji-Autumn, thanks for your respond.
I will send you a video of the issue and screenshots but i will not have the LOG file because my camera is on it's way to Dji for repair.  
Another thing , this issue accrued  when trying to fly without the camera attached, so it should be disconnected. if i will connect a camera it will works like should and the LOG file will not reflect the situation when the issue accrued.
2015-3-5
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Correct, message  'no signal' when gimble not attacted.

But all the rest works fine. Take off, fly, land, GPS,Atti,etc...
I test on the table here, but without propellers.
Also made the test in simulator.  All works
2015-3-5
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Yup - Same here.

All flies ok with no gimbal attached running firmware .17.

The only bug that I know of that has been confirmed is on Android with no gimbal you get a message about a battery malfunction in the RC and you should return it to DJI...... Ignore and fly, it's a known bug.
2015-3-5
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

That's right. after many tries  i did get the ability to fly GPS and OPTI, but in my case it's not always possible.

It still an issue need to be addressed with the No Signal and the android bug with the 17 FW
2015-3-5
Use props
joe
lvl.1

United States

I can confirm.. this bug sucks.  
2015-5-14
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

But all the rest works fine. Take off, fly, land, GPS,Atti,etc...

Flew fine, I assumed that the message just referred to the camera not having a signal, but knew why.  

I had 16+ satellites and quad held rock steady in all operations.
2015-5-14
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-5 21:21

But all the rest works fine. Take off, fly, ...

Hey dundee, many thanks for all your input to the forum. I like the way you keep it factual, understandable and to the point. I've seen a ton of posts where you've explained or helped someone with a question. If you don't mind, I'd like to pose a question to you.

My Inspire has come back from DJI in LA, twice for issues (too long a story to go into). New, original camera worked flawlessly. Returned from 1st attempted repair, was sent a new camera which, again, worked fine but, unit could not be flown due to issues that had not been addressed in 1st repair attempt. Unit was returned to DJI via an escalated repair, without the camera due the fact that it worked fine. Inspire has returned, now without video/photo feed. Camera responds to all commands, calibrates. Screen shows nothing but black and 'no signal'. This goes for both IOS (iPad Air 2 with 128G- main) and Android (Dragon Touch- secondary) that have worked to this point.

RE: Camera-
New firmware loaded successfully on Inspire via camera (on 12th attempt). It's been cleaned, inspected, installed, reinstalled and re-cleaned. Swapped USB line. Pilot app has been deleted and reinstalled 6 times on both IOS and Android. Still have a black screen and flashing 'no signal'.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance. -S.N.
2015-5-15
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-5-15 18:00
Hey dundee, many thanks for all your input to the forum. I like the way you keep it factual, unders ...

Check the 20pin contacts on the gimble/camera.
Also check the small black rubber between gimble/camera.

If no success, here is my skype address:  xxxxxxxx

2015-5-15
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-16 10:55
Check the 20pin contacts on the gimble/camera.
Also check the small black rubber between gimble/ca ...

Thank you sir, however-  I'm operating W7 Pro and there seems to be a bug that keeps crashing SKYPE (bummer). I would really like to have had the opportunity to speak with you.

I have checked the pins, in the unit and camera and all look perfect. The black rubber O-ring looks perfect as well with no deformities. Bad news though, still no video feed. Did notice the securing screw that is supposed to hold the plate on is missing and looks as though one was never put back in after bottom plate being replaced.   Doesn't surprise me after the 2 previous issues with 'supposed' repairs not being completed.

Thanks for the great advise, it is always appreciated. I'll try to get SKYPE to come up, maybe there is still hope.

2015-5-15
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

Noticed something similar myself... if the camera isn't attached there is no GPS signal and no 'safe to fly'

WTF!
2015-5-21
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

Hello guys

Thanks for expressing interest to my problem regarding no signal sign and that I can’t upgrade the latest battery firmware. Firmware version 1.2.1.06

The problem history starts like this – we turned the drone on, shot couple of scenes, landed the drone and we decided to see what we have shot. And the problem begins. When we entered playback we couldn’t do anything because it didn’t give us ability to do anything, cause the DJI Pilot app was stuck. We tried to enter playback from another Ipad Air 2 but same problem.

We restarted everything and when everything turned on, It was OK as usual, but we couldn’t see what we have shot. I thought that we forgot to push the record button. We pushed the record button again, recorded a random scene and everything was ok again. I turned it off, than on and instead of camera view we saw a blue screen and after another restart No signal sign appeared.  As we had such kind of problem before, we decided that we could just reinstall the DJI Pilot app and it would work ( it helped before)  but this time it didn’t work.

We have a problem of No Signal sign ( This is not a usual No Signal sign problem which you might see on youtube, when the guys have problems with gimbal contact and etc. In our situation, everything is working as usual, the gimbal is turning on, we hear sounds as usual and the see the flashing lights also. The only problem is that we can’t see the camera view and we can’t control play/stop/record  buttons on Ipad. And we think due to this problem, we can’t upgrade the newest batteries firmware. Everything which is linked to DJI Inspire 1 is upgraded on version 1.2.01.03. As we already had same problem before, we thought that reinstalling the DJI Pilot App on Ipad will help, as it helped before, but now it didn’t work. One more detail – We have never ever seen the gimbal cooler working ( Not now and not in good times, Maybe it is working while the drone is in air, but when it’s landed and the camera is on we don’t see that it’s working) So please if anybody o you guys are experiencing the same problem help us. Maybe anybody of you have connection to this Non professionals  in DJI, who don’t even know English language and are telling stupid things instead of help. I’m really disappointed with this product and DJI service and I’m worried that I have payed so much money on this incomplete product.
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules