Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fraud Diagnosics from DJI Repair
1406 10 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f6b00e8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1454539 ft
United States

I recently sent in my Phantom 3 Professional to DJI to seek having my shell replaced due to several cracks appearing underneath two of the motors in the lower shell of the drone. I clearly stated that in my case submission to DJI. Other than those cracks the drone was in perfect working order, and infact I had just finished a flight, and was in the process of exchangeing the battery to continue with another flight when I noticed the cracks. Keep in mind, this drone has never crashed either.
Doing some research on DJI formus, I found many discussion from other Phantom 3 Owners that their drones were developing these same cracks in the shell. I decided to send DJI a repair request and a case id was assigned to me. I explained in my Repair request that I only needed to have the shell replaced and I was hoping that they would cover the cost of the repair or to get a quote to replace my shell. Up to this point DJI was very responsive and sent me an pre-paid shipping label via email. So far so good! I shipped the drone, it arrived 3 days later via UPS in the morning. By the following Monday night, it still wasn't showing as being received in on DJI's website. I place a comment out on someone elses form and I recieved a comment from DJI and they said they would send a follow up to receiving. To my surprise, based on all of the comments I have read about DJI's poor customer service, I was shocked when I received a call from DJI tellling me they indeed had received my drone and would be conducting a repair analsys within a few days and they would pay for 2 days shippping, noting that I lived in Oregon. DJI was still doing great on customer service from my point of view.

Then today I received an email from DJI's repair service with a quote letting me know the cost to replace the shell. Well that is what I thought I would see, but to my dismay, the quote was to replace the Phantom 3 Main Controller Board Module (2312A) V21 at a cost of $96.00. In addition they quoted a replacement for Phantom 3 Lower Cover Module at $8.00. Repair service fee of $130.00 (2 hrs @ $65.00/hr.) and then $13.00 freight. The repair was for a total of $247.00.

Now how do we get from only requesting to have my shell replaced to the above quote? Fraud? I don't know. It's anyones guess at this time! Perhaps, they have my drone confused with someone else's. If that's the case, then I am also concerned regarding if I would receive my correct drone coming back to me. I sure hope that I can get some answers regarding this.

Just in case DJI is monitoring, my case number is CAS-575665-H2J8X5. I hope to have this issue cleared up quickly as I am not paying for something which wasn't required. Again, with the exception of the cracks in the shell under 2 motors, this drone was working perfectly.

DJI Invoice.PNG
2017-4-27
Use props
fans55ae5496
First Officer

United States

Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI!
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We checked the case, sorry to tell you that it's out of warranty period, it will not be covered by warranty.
Since you mention the drone performs perfect, the only problem is the cracks in the shell under 2 motors, I have forwarded your concern to the local repair team, will look into it again and contact you for an update. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-4-27
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2968 ft
United States

So how do you know it's fraud?  I fixed my broken shell and gimble arm myself, but then my mainboard pooped out and I couldn't figure it out so I found an awesome dji authorized repair facility who in a matter of minutes diagnosed my problem and fixed it, but they also took the shell apart to check everything inside and make sure I didn't have any potential problems down the road, maybe your controller main board tested bad and they did you a favor?
2017-4-29
Use props
fans3f6b00e8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1454539 ft
United States

It was working perfectly on my last flight prior to seeing the cracks.
2017-4-30
Use props
tvl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197728 ft
United States

fans3f6b00e8 Posted at 2017-4-30 09:01
It was working perfectly on my last flight prior to seeing the cracks.

I honestly don't think this is a case of fraud, BUT I have read of a few instances where DJI seems to have "dropped the ball" in their diagnostic & repair process. This is bothersome, especially when it is YOUR craft that has been accidentally misplaced OR swapped with someone else's. Hopefully, you will have YOUR craft returned and not a replacement.

As a matter of fact, I believe you will be better off having the craft returned and replace the cover yourself .................. that is if you feel comfortable doing so. Just my 2 cents!
2017-4-30
Use props
fans5865b1d1
lvl.1

United States

omg.. they try to pull the same ......  i crashed my drone.. and landing gear was cracked so i sent it in...  with contorller was beeping .. they sent me invoice saying they need ot repair main board on the controller...  BS.. i forgot to charge the unit.. .. now they are sayihng it doens charnge and they already fixed them with out getting paid...  what BS.. becarful of these crooks...
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

fans5865b1d1 Posted at 12-20 04:13
omg.. they try to pull the same ......  i crashed my drone.. and landing gear was cracked so i sent it in...  with contorller was beeping .. they sent me invoice saying they need ot repair main board on the controller...  BS.. i forgot to charge the unit.. .. now they are sayihng it doens charnge and they already fixed them with out getting paid...  what BS.. becarful of these crooks...

Hello there, sorry for the crash accident, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the RC cannot be fully charged after the evaluation and the repair will need to be paid since your RC has been out of warranty, thanks for your understanding and please let me know if you have further concern.
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_TngjPcrXylT9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123994 ft
United States

I SENT IN MY DRONE FOR A CARE REFRESH WITH THE BATTERY AND REMOTE AND DJI ONLY SENT ME BACK THE DRONE WITH NO REMOTE OR BATTERY, NOW I AM BEING TOLD THEY DID SEND IT BACK BUT I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF EXPERIENCING. ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO ATROCIOUS. DJI HAS STOLE FROM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND REFUSES TO FIX TE ISSUE THEY CREATED. ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, AND THEY HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER HERE.  
5-23 13:29
Use props
djiuser_TngjPcrXylT9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123994 ft
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2017-4-27 21:38
Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI!

I SENT IN MY DRONE FOR A CARE REFRESH WITH THE BATTERY AND REMOTE AND DJI ONLY SENT ME BACK THE DRONE WITH NO REMOTE OR BATTERY, NOW I AM BEING TOLD THEY DID SEND IT BACK BUT I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF EXPERIENCING. ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO ATROCIOUS. DJI HAS STOLE FROM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND REFUSES TO FIX TE ISSUE THEY CREATED. ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, AND THEY HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER HERE.  
5-23 13:29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_TngjPcrXylT9 Posted at 5-23 13:29
I SENT IN MY DRONE FOR A CARE REFRESH WITH THE BATTERY AND REMOTE AND DJI ONLY SENT ME BACK THE DRONE WITH NO REMOTE OR BATTERY, NOW I AM BEING TOLD THEY DID SEND IT BACK BUT I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF EXPERIENCING. ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO ATROCIOUS. DJI HAS STOLE FROM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND REFUSES TO FIX TE ISSUE THEY CREATED. ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, AND THEY HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER HERE.

Sir, we've read your post and Diana has responded to you as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-190017-1-1.html please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
5-24 00:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules