Inspire 2 flies THROUGH windturbine - Close Call...!
1608 11 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Misjudgement of position combined with loss of orientation and high winds was close to causing this drone to crash with the blades of a very large windturbine with spinning blades. Instead it flew right through!!!

Watch this CRAZY footage and let this be a leason to all drone pilots out there: ALWAYS pay attention. Sometimes it's a matter of split seconds between a good day and a terrible day. Fly Safe.

2017-4-28
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worst pilot ever!
2017-4-28
Use props
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Yes, it's going to be hard for the rest of the dronepilots in the world to be as great as you. Never make mistakes, misjudgements or loose orientation. Ever.

Please enlighten the rest of us on how you manage to never make a mistake. Ever.

PS: you are welcome to skip this post and jump to the next if you don't have anything informative to add.
2017-4-28
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

AIRFLIX.dk Posted at 2017-4-28 07:42
Yes, it's going to be hard for the rest of the dronepilots in the world to be as great as you. Never make mistakes, misjudgements or loose orientation. Ever.

Please enlighten the rest of us on how you manage to never make a mistake. Ever.

I wonder if you were really that close? I know quite often I think I was about to hit something and then looking up at the AC I was a long way away .  Thanks for sharing and yes it does happen to all of us eventually if you have been flying long enough anyway .

donnie
2017-4-28
Use props
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-28 08:17
I wonder if you were really that close? I know quite often I think I was about to hit something and then looking up at the AC I was a long way away .  Thanks for sharing and yes it does happen to all of us eventually if you have been flying long enough anyway .

donnie

I was initally thinking the same. But then I saw the flight path on the GO app.

I put the screenshot of the flight path at the end of the video...it went right through!
2017-4-28
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

AIRFLIX.dk Posted at 2017-4-28 07:42

Made plenty, never this type.  I fly VLOS and practice situational awareness (I don't stare at the screen)....
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would agree that you really lucked out. It was quite the nail biter, thank you for sharing.
2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Thanks for your honesty..
2017-4-29
Use props
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-29 03:22
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Thanks for your honesty..

Thanks.

That was the whole point of showing this. I'm usually very very careful, and haven't crashed yet with thousands of flights (knock on wood). But no matter how careful you are, accidents do happen.

Always stay alert - Fly safe.
2017-4-29
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

One point is that we can all learn from each others mistakes and they also serve as a good reminder to us of things that we often forget. Thanks for the share.
2017-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is something we as pilots would not want to happen to our drone for sure! But if it would have hit the turbine blade, I am sure  the wind turbine would not even know it hit something .. more like a bird strike
edit:
Glad you survived with a story and video to share.
(wow)
Rich
2017-4-30
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced