Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
World’s First 100MP Integrated Aerial Photography Platform
6967 11 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

DJI And Hasselblad Introduce World’s First 100-Megapixel Integrated Aerial Photography Platform
DJI M600 Pro Drone, Ronin-MX Gimbal And Hasselblad H6D-100c Camera Combine For Unparalleled Aerial Imaging Package

DJI,  the  world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology,  and  Hasselblad, the leader in high-quality professional medium  format  cameras, Tuesday marked the start of the next era of aerial  photography  by introducing the first 100-megapixel integrated drone  imaging  platform.

The  DJI  M600 Pro drone, the Ronin-MX gimbal and the Hasselblad H6D-100c  camera  combine each company’s unparalleled technological expertise to  create  an unprecedented tool for precise, detailed and accurate  aerial  imaging. Professional drone users can continuously control  camera  operations in flight using the DJI GO app, in order to provide  rich  imagery for landscape and fine-art photography, robust data  for  surveying and mapmaking, and endless possibilities for  future  professional endeavors.

The  flight  platform for the combination is the DJI M600 Pro drone, an  advanced  and adaptable six-rotor flight platform equipped with the  powerful  Lightbridge 2 transmission system, a dustproof propulsion  system and  six Intelligent Flight Batteries. The M600 Pro can be guided  by the  D-RTK GNSS navigation system, which can withstand strong  magnetic  interference to provide highly precise centimeter-level 3D  positioning.  This enhanced accuracy over typical barometer, compass and  GPS systems  makes it ideal for exacting commercial, industrial and  scientific  applications.

The  Hasselblad  H6D-100c camera is a triumph of camera technology, with a  large 53.4  mm x 40.0 mm sensor that offers outstanding detail, color  reproduction  and tonal range even in poor lighting conditions using the  HC and HCD  lens family. The camera mounts on the drone through the  Ronin-MX  three-axis stabilized gimbal, which uses powerful motors and  inertial  measurement units to resist high G-forces, maintain stability  and hold  the horizon.

The  M600/Ronin-MX/H6D-100c  platform is the latest product collaboration  since DJI assumed a stake  in Hasselblad in late 2015, allowing the  companies to explore fruitful  collaborations on their advanced  technology. Their first joint  product, released in July 2016, combined  the M600 drone platform with  the A5D medium format camera. Hasselblad  remains the only medium format  camera company collaborating with DJI to  bring unprecedented quality  to drone photography.

The  M600/Ronin-MX/H6D-100c  platform is on display through April 27 at the  NAB Show in Las Vegas,  Nevada, in DJI booth #C2807 in the Central Hall  of the Las Vegas  Convention Center. The combination will be released in  the third  quarter of 2017 at a price to be announced later. Photos are  available  for download from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vcdj4jj8ugvkl5/AABlRm8VzFpaHj2FYgPFuOgha?dl=0

For additional information, please contact:
DJI PR - pr@dji.com

View at Hasselblad.com
M600-H.png
2017-4-28
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, the stability of this drone/gimbal must be absolutely superb to take high quality medium format images of 100Mpx.  I mean the slightest movement would should up at 100% crop at this resolution unless you are using a faster than normal shutter speed (and for all those who say who does 100% crop, well if I have 100Mpx I would want to make sure every pixel is perfect or what is the point?).  Cannot wait to see the results of this amasing work of aerial engineering.  If you need a tester.. please let me know.. :-)
2017-5-3
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108251 ft
Germany

Nearly same sensor, but totally different concept:

http://industrial.phaseone.com/iXU_camera_system.aspx

I'm wondering what the weight difference will be
2017-5-5
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Ooh baby, Can't wait to get my hands on some of this tech
2017-5-6
Use props
UK Stu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67986 ft
United Kingdom

Three gps receivers......
2017-5-14
Use props
SargeAF
lvl.1
United States

Yeah but has real short battery life, I would like to see at least a 1 hour run to capture all the sports and excetera
2017-6-14
Use props
fansd5ce3482
New

United Kingdom

Brunetti Posted at 2017-5-5 05:45
Nearly same sensor, but totally different concept:

http://industrial.phaseone.com/iXU_camera_system.aspx

A friend of mine based in a Beijing company already has that industrial camera setup ready to go on an s1000. Allthough the s1000 is a bit vibration prone. When I visited they had just completed the Lightbridge connection protocols and it was fully functional.
2017-7-10
Use props
Iskareot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 961198 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok so wow... I would love to see the shots that this thing takes... anywhere those could be?  AND.. yes at least in Jpeg.. (raw would hurt the interwebs)
2017-7-24
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

It still will be limited with DJI - app and Software limitations.

So it wont fly above 200m, cant shoot raw in missions, etc etc

Its not the hardware thats usally the problem its the lack of control using DJI software. I wish DJI would think users first as a motto before hardware muscles without control.
2017-7-30
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The whole 100 mp deal on a drone makes no sense. The question is what in the would would you do with a 100 mp image who would ever need to zoom that distance.  its absolutely worthless unless your doing aerial surveillance from 50,000 feet which is a problem for our 400 ft limit.

Regards
2017-7-30
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Whats the flight time
2017-7-30
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198222 ft
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-7-30 09:47
The whole 100 mp deal on a drone makes no sense. The question is what in the would would you do with a 100 mp image who would ever need to zoom that distance.  its absolutely worthless unless your doing aerial surveillance from 50,000 feet which is a problem for our 400 ft limit.

Regards

quality
here is an example
use camera with 2mp to take a picture
now use another camera to take picture of same subject but with a 24mp camera

case in point the phantom started with lower MP cameras...so why has DJI improved and increased the MP of the cameras going from generation to next version?
why because, quality
you may not need or want to use 100MP but the quality of an image is far superior because theres more detail.

i personally could benefit and would love to have a 100MP camera on my drone but personally i think size, cost and weight is not appealing. right now i have a drone back pack, i ride my bike to hard to reach spots and simply unpack and fly the drone, which is truly a nice option but with this 100mp drone i doubt i'll be able to do that.

100mp pictures are amazing, i suggest you walk into one of peter liks gallerys and look at his landscape artwork as he uses a phase one iq 180
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules