Any one fly phantom 3 SE? visual sensor working in Room?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silverstorm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85735 ft
Singapore

I just bought a phantome 3 SE, flew few time, i am living in pungol, it is no problem when i play out side the open field, but if i wanna try fly in my home or just garden downstairs, the GPS sinal is always low, and compass can't be calculated, i thought SE has the visual sensor, it should be able to work if gps signal weak?

2017-4-28
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

GPS requires an unobstructed view of the sky to work.  Therefore it doesn't work well indoors or with trees or structures overhead or close by at the sides.  It relies on satellites positioned all over the sky almost down to the horizon.  A low GPS count or signal will affect the horizontal/side to side control.  If there is no wind you can control it just fine with manual controls.  If there is wind, it is quite a bit harder.

VPS relies on the type of ground and what it looks like.  It needs different features to work properly.  A carpet of the same colour won't work well.  A checkered rug or tiles would work better.  It only works up to a couple of meters and is intended to regulate the height only.
2017-4-29
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes - the visual sensor should be supportive.
Check your manual for height restriction of this sensor. On the P4P it is 8m.
I personally wouldn't hesitate to fly in your situation but I would use prop guards.
2017-4-29
Use props
silverstorm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85735 ft
Singapore

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-29 10:57
Yes - the visual sensor should be supportive.
Check your manual for height restriction of this sensor. On the P4P it is 8m.
I personally wouldn't hesitate to fly in your situation but I would use prop guards.

thanks anyway
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules